Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Keane Suspended. Tim Kelly not cited.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
If you elect to bump, which he did, he has a duty to avoid contact to the head, and his culpability should be determined by the severity of the bump.

in fact, not only did he elect to bump and not tackle, he also left his feet (a no no - or at least it used to be).

Why do people keep saying he "elected to bump"? If that were the case then I’d agree he should be suspended (as the act would have been reckless as opposed to accidental), but it seemed pretty clear to me that he wasn’t seeking to make physical contact with De Goey at all – and I presume that’s how the MRP saw it too.

Last edited by David on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:24 am

Agree completely David. If anything he was trying to jump out of the way to minimise contact. Completely different scenario than accidental contact while trying to bump. If a Pie player got rubbed out or even fined for that we'd be going apeshit.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:28 pm

Keane's action was idiotic. I do hope the kid displays a few more brain cells next time he plays.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:14 pm

David wrote:
K wrote:
If you elect to bump, which he did,...

David, I'm quite sure I didn't write that... Unless I too have concussion.

Okay... Had a look back... Looks like it was E. Surprised Sad
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
political correctness rules the MRP too

Feel free to explain how it's PC to not suspend a player

Figure it out, some players are protected species, due to certain facts.

Your terminology is wrong. Political Correctness is conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (e.g. in matters of sex, religion or race) should be eliminated. If anything is PC, it's players getting suspended for what used to be 'part of the game'.

What you're talking about is favouritism or corruption. Or paranoia, depending on the viewpoint

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:05 am

It alll goes back to when Jason Cloke was rubbed out/ All the non pies were saying but he was careless. The MRP, Chrisso or not, has always given us a bad deal. The media should be instructed to STFU on these matters. If it was a court of law the defence would have a field day with these muppets. One day it will end up in court and the media will be asked to explain why they tried so hard to get player X or team Y in trouble and cite 50 incidents where nothing was said. And a plyer will win. Keane tripped Kennedy because Kennedy put his boot in front of Keane deliberately.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:21 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

I disagree. He left the ground with both feet and collected De Goey right on the nose with his hip.

Now there was minimal force, but clearly enough to break his nose and concuss him.

Given the tendency of the MRP to cite players based on outcome not intent, that should go up.

Careless, medium impact (because of the outcome) and high. The head is supposed to be sacrosanct.

This is exactly how I interpret it!!

Plus, Kelly chose to bump (it was NOT accidental) and the AFL's dictum has been of late, that if a player chooses to bump, they have to accept the consequences. The fact that he launched himself off the ground to carry it out makes it even more citable. Such hypocrisy!!! Mad

I thought we were told that it wasn’t the intention that was the key factor but the outcome
Stui was 100% right in his appraisal he had a choice not to bump
At best it was a fine but 1 week should have been the outcome
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:34 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

I disagree. He left the ground with both feet and collected De Goey right on the nose with his hip.

Now there was minimal force, but clearly enough to break his nose and concuss him.

Given the tendency of the MRP to cite players based on outcome not intent, that should go up.

Careless, medium impact (because of the outcome) and high. The head is supposed to be sacrosanct.

This is exactly how I interpret it!!

Plus, Kelly chose to bump (it was NOT accidental) and the AFL's dictum has been of late, that if a player chooses to bump, they have to accept the consequences. The fact that he launched himself off the ground to carry it out makes it even more citable. Such hypocrisy!!! Mad

I thought we were told that it wasn’t the intention that was the key factor but the outcome
Stui was 100% right in his appraisal he had a choice not to bump
At best it was a fine but 1 week should have been the outcome

Exactly right

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:35 am

ronrat wrote:
It alll goes back to when Jason Cloke was rubbed out/ All the non pies were saying but he was careless. The MRP, Chrisso or not, has always given us a bad deal. The media should be instructed to STFU on these matters. If it was a court of law the defence would have a field day with these muppets. One day it will end up in court and the media will be asked to explain why they tried so hard to get player X or team Y in trouble and cite 50 incidents where nothing was said. And a plyer will win. Keane tripped Kennedy because Kennedy put his boot in front of Keane deliberately.
100%

No one can honestly say the MRP is any more reliable or accountable than chook lotto can they? It’s a disgrace. So many inconsistencies

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:50 am

K wrote:
David wrote:
K wrote:
If you elect to bump, which he did,...

David, I'm quite sure I didn't write that... Unless I too have concussion.

Okay... Had a look back... Looks like it was E. Surprised Sad

Sorry K! Not the first time I've gotten you single-letter pseudonyms mixed up. Razz

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Quote:
Former Sydney star Barry Hall admits he shouldn't have been allowed to play in the Swans' 2005 Grand Final triumph after punching St Kilda's Matt Maguire in the preliminary final.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/barry-hall-i-should-have-been-suspended-for-2005-grand-final-afl-sydney-west-coast/1i146k5chtkjk1le2dvkfnidus

Perhaps Rocca should have been allowed to play in '03 and J Cloke in '02? And Phil in '77 for that matter.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:37 pm

Going back to round 1 (Nik Cox/Essendon), he was fined for being reckless. The Hawks player shook it off and played on. If the Hawks player left the field and was concussed, then would Cox be suspended?

There's a fine line between accidental and reckless if you ask me. And then theres a big step to when a player does it on purpose (ie Dangerfield in round 1).

I think you can argue what Kelly did was reckless.

slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Going back to round 1 (Nik Cox/Essendon), he was fined for being reckless. The Hawks player shook it off and played on. If the Hawks player left the field and was concussed, then would Cox be suspended?

There's a fine line between accidental and reckless if you ask me. And then theres a big step to when a player does it on purpose (ie Dangerfield in round 1).

I think you can argue what Kelly did was reckless.

Kelly ran directly towards De Goey and jumped off the ground and struck him in the head with his hip.
It was not deliberate but he chose to jump and bump instead of tackle.
How he hasn’t been suspended is beyond me especially in this era where concussion and its ramifications are more well know.
This was not accidental imho.
Two players watching the ball and colliding heads is an accident.
This was not.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:54 pm

Kennedy reported to be in doubt to fly for the Geebung game with "ankle" issues. Embarassed
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:52 pm

K wrote:
Kennedy reported to be in doubt to fly for the Geebung game with "ankle" issues. Embarassed
cry me a $£$%^%%$ river, he played the game out, meanwhile De Goey is earning his 10K working for vodaphone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: