Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Bombers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's important to remember that despite whatever differing opinions we have guys and gals, ultimately we're all on the same side..
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:18 pm

We got Cameron and he is starting to blossom 3 goals and a marking presence around the ground (& his ruck work no slouch)

Mc Creery also increases his presence on the game (& big game finals like too)

There are two really positive outcome Sunday

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:23 pm

slangman wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
neil wrote:
Buckleys last year unless a miracle happens
There is no point sacking him appoint a fill in coach and replace them at the end of the year.

How about forming a group to look at the replacement and do it professionally. The talk of no-one wanting to coach Collingwood is total BS every team gets coaches and more apply than get picked

Sack the coach, we are in crisis, we have no depth, dont help and going forward a less emotional discussion needs to take place.

FFS Phillips is now a absolute gun who should never have been traded our problem is the midfield not the dysfunctional forward line

I didn't understand what occurred with Phillips last year.
It almost seemed to me to be incredible that such an aerobic athlete would be taken away from the wing where he was well established and plonked in the forward line, in a position that did not suit him.
The comment that the emergence of Daicos on a wing forced Buckley's hand is rubbish. There are two wings, and who replaced Phillips there? Mayne? And Madgen this year at times?
Was that a ploy to force Phillips to walk, knowing that cap space had to be found?
I suppose that Phillips just didn't fit the image our club was looking for, not having the requisite sleeve tattoos, stupid haircuts and criminal proceedings pending. All he had going for us was that he was the best wingman at our club, was intelligent, educated and had a social conscience.

I don’t think social conscience, educated or intelligent are in any way relevant to winning a game of football.....or winning one on one contests, kicking straight and actually influencing a game.
I saw Phillips at the beginning of 2020 at a beach kicking a footy with his brother. If you explained to someone that didn’t follow the game that he was a top level player, they would’ve laughed.
Unfortunately for Phillips, he was too one dimensional and didn’t impose himself enough when it mattered.

I don’t suggest that having a social conscience or being educated are relevant to winning a game of football. I am surprised though that you don't think that being intelligent would help to win a game. On the whole, it seems that a lack of intelligence is the cause of the dark times ahead for us.

Phillips is miles ahead of Mayne and Madgen on a wing. Before he was moved he finished top 10 in our B&F. He was then played out of position, a familiar theme at our club.

The Hawks are happy, and want to know if we are prepared to swap any other players for pick 65, which they probably wouldn't have used anyway had they not traded it.
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:56 pm

slangman wrote:
neil wrote:
There is no point sacking him appoint a fill in coach and replace them at the end of the year.

How about forming a group to look at the replacement and do it professionally. The talk of no-one wanting to coach Collingwood is total BS every team gets coaches and more apply than get picked

Sack the coach, we are in crisis, we have no depth, dont help and going forward a less emotional discussion needs to take place.

FFS Phillips is now a absolute gun who should never have been traded our problem is the midfield not the dysfunctional forward line

It almost seemed to me to be incredible that such an aerobic athlete would be taken away from the wing where he was well established and plonked in the forward line, in a position that did not suit him.
The comment that the emergence of Daicos on a wing forced Buckley's hand is rubbish. There are two wings, and who replaced Phillips there? Mayne? And Madgen this year at times?
Was that a ploy to force Phillips to walk, knowing that cap space had to be found?
I suppose that Phillips just didn't fit the image our club was looking for, not having the requisite sleeve tattoos, stupid haircuts and criminal proceedings pending. All he had going for us was that he was the best wingman at our club, was intelligent, educated and had a social conscience.

I don’t think social conscience, educated or intelligent are in any way relevant to winning a game of football.....or winning one on one contests, kicking straight and actually influencing a game.
I saw Phillips at the beginning of 2020 at a beach kicking a footy with his brother. If you explained to someone that didn’t follow the game that he was a top level player, they would’ve laughed.
Unfortunately for Phillips, he was too one dimensional and didn’t impose himself enough when it mattered.

I don’t suggest that having a social conscience or being educated are relevant to winning a game of football. I am surprised though that you don't think that being intelligent would help to win a game. On the whole, it seems that a lack of intelligence is the cause of the dark times ahead for us.

Phillips is miles ahead of Mayne and Madgen on a wing. Before he was moved he finished top 10 in our B&F. He was then played out of position, a familiar theme at our club.

The Hawks are happy, and want to know if we are prepared to swap any other players for pick 65, which they probably wouldn't have used anyway had they not traded it.

You don’t have to be intelligent to play football. You just need to know how to play.
There have been many “un-intelligent” footballers who were superstars….hell, we’ve probably had most of them Very Happy

Last edited by slangman on Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:56 pm

slangman wrote:
neil wrote:

You don’t have to be intelligent to play football. You just need to know how to play.
There have been many “un-intelligent” footballers who were superstars….hell, we’ve probably had most of them Very Happy

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:00 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Rubbish Piesnchess. Club needs to say exactly what its doing as soon as humanly possible.

Perhaps just let the world turn Wolf, without trying to knock it off its axis? Wink Very Happy

I am sure Wright and co will say something when they have something worthwhile to say, which may not be, as Piesnchess has suggested, until August. Doesn't mean they won't be moving mountains behind the scenes to appoint a decent, new coach and assistants.

In the meantime, I reckon Bucks and the players would like some clear air to just get on with the job. The media won't give it to them of course, but I don't see why us supporters should join in the feeding frenzy as well. Crying or Very sad

This season, despite not yielding many wins, will be important in so many other ways.......such as nurturing the young and untried players so that they get the most out of their careers in the future.

Plus, unlike some, I reckon it's important to release Bucks in a dignified, respectful manner, to show that the "new" Collingwood Football Club has regained some measure of lost professionalism and is a place where coaches and players would be keen to be at.

Great minds think alike P P, well said, agree with all you say. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:25 pm

just watched Matthew Lloyd on the afl website giving comments about the game. Apparently, Bux had matched up Jack Madgen on Tippen Woody (I remember during the game wondering who was on TW. It turns out it was Jack). Lloyd was utterly flabbergasted that Bux would choose such a match up.
Lloyd had footage demonstrating how Madgen just had no clue about how to play on TW, nor the physical attributes required.
It is almost as if Bux was deliberately setting up Madgen for failure.
Again, a staggering coaching decision from Bux.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:08 pm

^ I thought I saw IQ matched up on him as well. Perhaps I'd had too many reds by then Smile.
Meanwhile, on Fox Footy, the headline topic has been Collingwood of course!! Main question being what will be the purpose of this season now, going forward?
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:32 pm

We’re 1-5 and 17th and people still have faith in a coach who is in his 10th year and bar 2018 has gone backwards EVERY year.

The club is bigger than Buckley. May seem implausible to some. But believe it or not, the club is bigger.

Buckley has had enough chances and he has failed. Miserably.

He’s had more chances than any other coach in AFL the last 30 years.

It’s his last year, even if he miraculously wins 7-8 more games. It’s over. The Buckley experiment has failed.

He’s not the messiah!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:02 pm

Sensei Grundy wrote:
We’re 1-5 and 17th and people still have faith in a coach who is in his 10th year and bar 2018 has gone backwards EVERY year.

The club is bigger than Buckley. May seem implausible to some. But believe it or not, the club is bigger.

It’s his last year, even if he miraculously wins 7-8 more games. It’s over. The Buckley experiment has failed.

He’s not the messiah!

Are you sure, there have been people holding on for like 25 yrs+ for a Buckley Premiership!!!?!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:06 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
just watched Matthew Lloyd on the afl website giving comments about the game. Apparently, Bux had matched up Jack Madgen on Tippen Woody (I remember during the game wondering who was on TW. It turns out it was Jack). Lloyd was utterly flabbergasted that Bux would choose such a match up.
Lloyd had footage demonstrating how Madgen just had no clue about how to play on TW, nor the physical attributes required.
It is almost as if Bux was deliberately setting up Madgen for failure.
Again, a staggering coaching decision from Bux.

It was hard to watch and when you throw in Tippa’s closing speed, Madgen was a dead duck the moment he took possession anyway.
I Q had Tippa very early but I have no idea how the mismatch unfolded, let alone lasted for so long.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:14 pm
Post subject: Re: pies go down to bombersReply with quote

orie wrote:
I have always loved Buckley. He was a wonderful kick and fierce competitor., Completely professional in his approach to playing ,a great leader who carried the team through those horrendous year.

How is it that he is coaching a team with players who have such poor kicking skills and lack of tenacity at the ball and player?
Where does his responsibility lie there? He can't kick the damn ball for them.
Whats happened to Maynard?
He used to be our tough guy!
Grundy.. If you are on the backline going up against a tall forward, PUNCH the ball away and don't grab the ball out of the ruck if you can't be productive with a kick. Just belt the ball forward.
I would play him up forward.
And as for Sidey, I am soo sick of him butchering the ball.
for me, just put him in the forward pocket and hope he can kick a couple of goals.
I love watching Quaynor. So composed and great ball use. WHE should not be in the side either. I Better stop now..

Maybe this is Bucks game plan because he doesn't have the players to try any other. He can't charge forward frantically because we turn the ball over so much, it would be even worse.

Lets face it, we don't have the cattle. Shocking recruiting and our off season must be affecting team morale. So sad and angry at all that has happened.

He has had 10 years to come up with a game plan. All bar one of those years the club has gone backwards. This constant defence of failure has wounded the club. Get over Nathan Buckley, the club must move on
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:30 pm

Sensei Grundy wrote:

He’s not the messiah!

THIS

www.facebook/the hybernators
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:30 am

yep but gees i just watched a bit of what ever footy show was on tonight, and i really felt for him, the questions from his post match, and well just everything. but they all agree its time
Rayza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:25 am

I might be going against the general theme of this thread but Buckley is not a bad coach when it comes to skills and leading the club. Sadly he cant reinvent the game as is needed for premiership winning coaches. Clarkson reinvented the Hawks game a number of times while other coaches tried to follow suit. Beverage brought a new style and did Dimma. Bucks was riding a tried and true method that almost got through but the game passed him by so quickly that premiership contender to wooden spooner was almost inevitable. Bucks has been an honest toiler but Collingwood needs a new direction and new inspiration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20   

Jump to: