Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Bombers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The wheels are well and truely off now. Time for Buckley and his merry men to go. Don't let the scoreboard fool you, people because was a terrible performance tonight. You will never win games of football by taking a week to transition the ball and turning it over and will. We have no true gut runners.

Our skills are a disgrace. Our ball use is sub standard. Our forwards couldn't do much cos they were deprived of opportunities or had the ball go straight to an opponent. Even still we didn't work hard enough when the ball was in our F50 to keep it there.

Our midfield stinks. Pendles looks slow and indecisive, and turns the ball over more than ever. He also gets caught out more these days. Sidebum was useless today and turned the ball over countless times with his clanger kicks. Goes the cheeky bump over the tackle every day of the week. JT so so but not good enough. Daicos was gallant and tried really hard but he needs help. WHE was largely ineffective.

Defence was under seige all night but still looked a shambles when clearing the ball. On screen essendope ran and ran fwd while we languished behind waiting. Roughead looks terribly slow and out of sorts and his decision making is appalling - even on a good day.

I know we had a number of younger players playing tonight and we were always going to be up against it, but where's the f***ing leadership and players to stand up and take charge. I noticed a lot of arms flapping about and a lot of confiusion.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Those of you having a crack at Sidebottom might want to have a look at the stats - a game high 12 tackles and an equal game-high 17 contested possessions amongst his 30 disposals. The hard inside role is not his game because he's too small and too slow - but, as he has done his entire career, he just turns up to do what he can in whatever ridiculous slot the Coach asks him to fill. He's probably close to the end but, really, he was one of about a half a dozen AFL-standard players on the field for Collingwood today.

It's what he did with those 30 disposals. Sadly, most of them were non-effective or put his team mates under unnecessary pressure.
It's sad, but he can't be played as a mid anymore, (even though we have bugar all players to replace him in there).
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:37 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
The wheels are well and truely off now. Time for Buckley and his merry men to go. Don't let the scoreboard fool you, people because was a terrible performance tonight. You will never win games of football by taking a week to transition the ball and turning it over and will. We have no true gut runners.

Our skills are a disgrace. Our ball use is sub standard. Our forwards couldn't do much cos they were deprived of opportunities or had the ball go straight to an opponent. Even still we didn't work hard enough when the ball was in our F50 to keep it there.

Our midfield stinks. Pendles looks slow and indecisive, and turns the ball over more than ever. He also gets caught out more these days. Sidebum was useless today and turned the ball over countless times with his clanger kicks. Goes the cheeky bump over the tackle every day of the week. JT so so but not good enough. Daicos was gallant and tried really hard but he needs help. WHE was largely ineffective.

Defence was under seige all night but still looked a shambles when clearing the ball. On screen essendope ran and ran fwd while we languished behind waiting. Roughead looks terribly slow and out of sorts and his decision making is appalling - even on a good day.

I know we had a number of younger players playing tonight and we were always going to be up against it, but where's the f***ing leadership and players to stand up and take charge. I noticed a lot of arms flapping about and a lot of confiusion

Let me ask you, when have you ever seen Pendles do a Hodge and be seen actively giving instructions on what to do or how to not repeat a mistake?

Pendles is more captain by virtue of his ability than his people management skills.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:37 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Murphy showed promise, you can tell he 'thinks'...

Yep, it wasn't the worst that's for sure. Worth persisting with.

Should have been straight back in when fit two or three years ago
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:38 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Those of you having a crack at Sidebottom might want to have a look at the stats - a game high 12 tackles and an equal game-high 17 contested possessions amongst his 30 disposals. The hard inside role is not his game because he's too small and too slow - but, as he has done his entire career, he just turns up to do what he can in whatever ridiculous slot the Coach asks him to fill. He's probably close to the end but, really, he was one of about a half a dozen AFL-standard players on the field for Collingwood today.

If he had 30 gets, most of them were panicked backwards rubbish to a team mate in worse position, not too dissimilar to the tripe his mate Beams used to accumulate...
Sidey just torched our momentum on countless occasions today.
Sure his efforts are there, but the game has passed him by; the 2018GF was the warning sign
Play him at the centre bounces only when desperate; then just leave him play forward pocket and retire there.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:39 pm

Couldn’t watch today, glad. 1 week closer!
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:40 pm

I reckon it could get ugly from here, hopefully we can beat the roos

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:40 pm

piedys wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Oh and by the way, the genius who designed that shocking colour clash jumper today you go too! You couldn't see the white stripes, and with the Emirates red on it as well it was difficult not to confuse players. This club is amateur hour.

Hey, big shout out to Gil McFloglan and his team of merry f^cktards, who knew this was our home game, and should have made dopers strip a lighter shade, being the away team. They can take the blame.

Phew I thought my eyes were going big time! I really struggled with the colours today- and dozens of bomber supporters around didn’t help, seriously I was M29 and the crows behind the goals was around 30% red and black, I said to my sister at 1/2 time if the scumps keep doing those shit calls like the last one you will need backup, she said she literally just told her boss that! She was in charge of the section and in the last quarter she tossed out a massive bomber guy. $£$%^%%$ stupid give us our seats back already, it’s asking for trouble

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:41 pm

derkd wrote:
Silver lining....we could have lost still playing Greenwood, Mayne etc. At least we played Murphy, Rantall, etc.

Getting games into the younger generation.

Too bad getting games into them under Coach Buckley and his gang is only going to stunt their development.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Woods wrote:

I thought all the deadwood got torched last year?

Sorry, that was just the expensive and talented stuff; my bad....

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:43 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:

We'll beat the roos, but gcs played pretty good the other day and Sydney have been playing well as well.

It's all irrelevant anyway, the year is dead.. the only way to make it not a dead year is to replace the coach etc and get our next guy in so he can start the long road ahead.

Last edited by The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:43 pm

derkd wrote:
Silver lining....we could have lost still playing Greenwood, Mayne etc. At least we played Murphy, Rantall, etc.

Getting games into the younger generation.

Only way to go now, play all the kids, get games into em, as many as we can, start the re build. I knew we were in dire straits when we lost Jamie, than Howe, Tay, De Goey. They will obviously help the cause when they return, but we need more than that, just keep playing the youngsters, use the remainder of the season for something positive. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:47 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:

We'll beat the roos, but gcs played pretty good the other day and Sydney have been playing well as well.

It's all irrelevant anyway, the year is dead.. the only way to make it not a dead year is to replace the coach etc and get our next guy in so he can start the long road ahead.

I dunno know Daffy, it will be their Grand Final, Queens Birthday all over again expect shitter royalty ...speaking of QBD, what a spanking awaits!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:48 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

I know we had a number of younger players playing tonight and we were always going to be up against it, but where's the f***ing leadership and players to stand up and take charge. I noticed a lot of arms flapping about and a lot of confiusion

Let me ask you, when have you ever seen Pendles do a Hodge and be seen actively giving instructions on what to do or how to not repeat a mistake?

Pendles is more captain by virtue of his ability than his people management skills.

Total bullshit, saw him regularly direct players today. Remember he went to the bench last year to put an arm around Stephenson and tried to guide him after he made a monumental **** up. You haters see what you want to see.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Total bullshit, saw him regularly direct players today. Remember he went to the bench last year to put an arm around Stephenson and tried to guide him after he made a monumental **** up. You haters see what you want to see.

He was probs saying "Don't worry mate, you'll be getting a guaranteed game at North next year anyways" Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20   

Jump to: