Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Bombers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensei Grundy wrote:

He’s not the messiah!

Messiah.jpg

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:10 am

KickTruly wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
neil wrote:

FFS Phillips is now a absolute gun who should never have been traded our problem is the midfield not the dysfunctional forward line

I suppose that Phillips just didn't fit the image our club was looking for, not having the requisite sleeve tattoos, stupid haircuts and criminal proceedings pending. All he had going for us was that he was the best wingman at our club, was intelligent, educated and had a social conscience.

When you put it like that I feel like vomiting...
I always thought I barracked for a club that meant something.

I was quite fond of Phillips and Treloar as fine people.
Makes me wonder ......

Yep makes me wonder too. Who was responsible for the deplorable list management and signing of back ended friggin contracts and signing Grundy for 7 years.

Makes me wonder

Don’t push the supporters coz we’re close to the edge

Makes me wonder sometimes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PobrSpMwKk4&vidve=5727&autoplay=1

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:49 am

I was at a luncheon yesterday to raise some funds for a local sporting club and was seated at a table with a former AFL coach

Over a couple beers and a red or 2 we discussed AFL and more pointedly Collingwood
His opinion (even though he’s been out of the coaching caper for some time and he’s a outsider looking in) was that Buckley’s main issue is his inability or lack of desire to adapt to the way the game has evolved
He felt Buckley was stuck in a time warp of what worked in 2018 and expected it to continue to work
He also highlighted Buckley’s lack of value placed on key forwards
He said look at the Dogs, Richmond, Port, Lions, Cats, West Coast, Adelaide, Sydney, GWS and even Carlton had all drafted traded for or recruited a key forward in the past 2 years
He commented we constantly went after hybrid types with limited pace and height
He said barring Cameron name a KPF we had recruited or drafted (even though he was recruited as a back up ruckman really)
Other than Moore we haven’t really
He said he believed (his opinion only) Buckley doesn’t rate KPF and was happy to leave the bulk of the scoring to mid sized forwards like JDG Elliott Checkers Daicos etc
He also commented that not having a strong voice speaking up in the coaching box when things got tough was a huge issue
He commented having shrinking violets around a head coach and not challenging his opinion was a recipe for disaster

Lastly he said there’s been a bad message sent to the playing group over a number of years when consistent poor or underwhelming performances by senior players hadn’t been punished with being dropped
He said the younger players in a group need to be shown performance is the mandate for selection not loyalty
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:28 am

People are forgetting Cox.
It’s pretty clear Derek Hine recruited him as our weapon of mass destruction up forward. He has been reported as declaring Cox our most important recruit in a decade.
Clearly, this was delusional.

As for not rewarding good form with senior opportunities. I don’t buy that. Fact is we lost to the Bombers because our midfield was made up of youngsters like Macrae and Rantall.
slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:11 am

RudeBoy wrote:
It’s pretty clear Derek Hine recruited him as our weapon of mass destruction up forward. He has been reported as declaring Cox our most important recruit in a decade.

This is the biggest mistake in the last 30 years from a playing perspective.
To hedge all of your bets on an American basketballer who had never played the game before and thinking that he would dominate the most difficult position historically is nothing short of madness.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:15 am

American soccer player!
He played almost no basketball.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Clearly, this was delusional.

No delusional at all. He said 'important', not 'best'.

As in: "It's hugely important that this experiment works out, because there is no way in hell we are going to pony up for a natural dominant key forward."
Swanny2011 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:19 pm

Quote:
I was at a luncheon yesterday to raise some funds for a local sporting club and was seated at a table with a former AFL coach

Over a couple beers and a red or 2 we discussed AFL and more pointedly Collingwood
His opinion (even though he’s been out of the coaching caper for some time and he’s a outsider looking in) was that Buckley’s main issue is his inability or lack of desire to adapt to the way the game has evolved
He felt Buckley was stuck in a time warp of what worked in 2018 and expected it to continue to work
He said look at the Dogs, Richmond, Port, Lions, Cats, West Coast, Adelaide, Sydney, GWS and even Carlton had all drafted traded for or recruited a key forward in the past 2 years
He said barring Cameron name a KPF we had recruited or drafted (even though he was recruited as a back up ruckman really)
He said he believed (his opinion only) Buckley doesn’t rate KPF and was happy to leave the bulk of the scoring to mid sized forwards like JDG Elliott Checkers Daicos etc
He also commented that not having a strong voice speaking up in the coaching box when things got tough was a huge issue
He commented having shrinking violets around a head coach and not challenging his opinion was a recipe for disaster

Lastly he said there’s been a bad message sent to the playing group over a number of years when consistent poor or underwhelming performances by senior players hadn’t been punished with being dropped
He said the younger players in a group need to be shown performance is the mandate for selection not loyalty

Interesting thoughts QldMagpie. I agree with nearly all of this.

The depressing thing is that because of poor coaching, lack of development, deplorable list management and recruiting for the last 10 years. Collingwood will be in a world of pain for the foreseeable future.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:25 pm

slangman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

To hedge all of your bets on an American basketballer who had never played the game before and thinking that he would dominate the most difficult position historically is nothing short of madness.

Yet, he almost won us a flag in 2018 with his demolition of Richmond in the PF.

With a better midfield delivery, Cox could be anything.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:10 pm

Skids wrote:
slangman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Yet, he almost won us a flag in 2018 with his demolition of Richmond in the PF.

With a better midfield delivery, Cox could be anything.

With the way the Bulldogs are delivering into their forward line at the moment he would be deadset unstoppable there.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Did Cox get reported in the VFL?
I saw footage of him kicking his leg out and tripping his opponent over as he was running past him. Haven't heard anything about it.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:18 pm

^
he got offered a fine from what I remember reading
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:29 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

my thoughts exactly - maybe i should coach this week!! couldnt do any worse.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:34 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

We recruited Kelly.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:55 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
4. Grundy spent the entire day stuffing the ball down the throats or into the path of Essendon players. How frustrating.

By now, this should not be a surprise to any of us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20   

Jump to: