Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should we have hung on to pick 2?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
A monumental cock up ...did they actually think we were contending with this list minus Treloar, Stevo and Phillips? Deluded clowns

Pack of Idiots they are

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:49 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
North are the worst team in the league this year by a margin, so it's hard to see us finishing below them

I give North a Chance of Beating Us

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:14 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
North are the worst team in the league this year by a margin, so it's hard to see us finishing below them

eddiesmith wrote:
Grundy doesn’t care about premierships

You keep saying this - where is the quote to back it up?

Clearly says he doesn’t care about winning a premiership, just playing is a success. What an attitude, no wonder he’s happy to take a massive over paid contract and just swan around each week getting meaningless hitouts, just playing is a victory for Brodie apparently...
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:28 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Clearly says he doesn’t care about winning a premiership, just playing is a success

If he clearly said that, why can't you quote his actual words

What he said was no different to what Buckley himself said about not winning a flag: "It's not going to define me". Doesn't mean they both don't want to win one, just that they're not going to consider their lives failures without

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:02 am

If were talking about wishing we had kept our 2021 first rounder, then we also need to remember what we would no longer have from the 2020 draft.
In very simple terms, that would equate to handing back two of our last three picks from that draft. Our last three picks were Poulter, McMahon ( our only tall from that draft ) and McCreery.
Right now ( and this will change as every year rolls on ) I don’t see anyone complaining about the progress of McCreery or Poulter.
There is a decent chance history will yet prove we got more out of McCreery and Poulter combined, than whoever we would have taken with pick one at the 2021 draft. Bearing in mind, we still end up with Daicos either way.
Daicos only competition to pick one are both mids anyway, so it’s not like we are missing out on a KPP.
Trading out that pick or not is a fair discussion point but you can’t lose sight of what we received back for our future pick. We will all be a lot wiser in a few years time.
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:03 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
If were talking about wishing we had kept our 2021 first rounder, then we also need to remember what we would no longer have from the 2020 draft.
In very simple terms, that would equate to handing back two of our last three picks from that draft. Our last three picks were Poulter, McMahon ( our only tall from that draft ) and McCreery.
Right now ( and this will change as every year rolls on ) I don’t see anyone complaining about the progress of McCreery or Poulter.
There is a decent chance history will yet prove we got more out of McCreery and Poulter combined, than whoever we would have taken with pick one at the 2021 draft. Bearing in mind, we still end up with Daicos either way.
Daicos only competition to pick one are both mids anyway, so it’s not like we are missing out on a KPP.
Trading out that pick or not is a fair discussion point but you can’t lose sight of what we received back for our future pick. We will all be a lot wiser in a few years time.

Thats a huge call. If we tanked to get pick one plus Daics, that would set us up. Look at Thilthorpe etc. Amazing forwards, only happen in the top few.

We fcked up. Was always going to be a bottom 4 year and we should have done it properly.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:11 pm

Remember the club was in damage mode after trade period last year so needed to be seen as being active in the draft.
MC's Mix 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Big T wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Thats a huge call. If we tanked to get pick one plus Daics, that would set us up. Look at Thilthorpe etc. Amazing forwards, only happen in the top few.

We fcked up. Was always going to be a bottom 4 year and we should have done it properly.

Top few are almost all mids, keys are often duds in the top few.
Looking at 2017 draft (because 4 years is about right for a key to develop) the best couple so far are Oscar Allen and maybe Noah Balta? Both in the 20s. Naughton at 9 has been ok but probably not as good as the other 2 imo. Brander? Again, not as good.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:13 pm

Big T wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

You mean tank like Melbourne did under Bailey ?

2021 is not a draft for talls. That’s there for all to google, so there’s no point in recruiting a kid who is 6 7” but isn’t regarded as a serious chance to make it.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:34 pm

MC's Mix wrote:
Top few are almost all mids, keys are often duds in the top few.
Looking at 2017 draft (because 4 years is about right for a key to develop) the best couple so far are Oscar Allen and maybe Noah Balta? Both in the 20s. Naughton at 9 has been ok but probably not as good as the other 2 imo. Brander? Again, not as good.

I disagree!

We'll spend the next decade regretting not getting Naughton.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:26 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Remember the club was in damage mode after trade period last year so needed to be seen as being active in the draft.

this is probably the right way to think about it.

We went with the old - two wrongs sometimes make a right!!! At least in the art of appeasing fans.

So really, its all our fault. Our unrealistic expectations that we need to create a winning product every year is the reason why we suck right now. why dont Collingwood fans allow for a few years of mediocrity so that we can rebuild properly?

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:05 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

That’s an awful thing to say...
I really wish I didn’t agree...

They do have a couple of guys doing well, Zeibell in particular is going well, & of course that Stevo kid they paid so hugely for...
Suffice it to say that our 3 giveaways are all working out very well for their new teams.
Which is just an extra kick up the arse.
Screw the pricks who made that decision! I want their butts on a coat hanger!
Who was it anyway? I woulda thought Bucks & Guy are the main culprits... with a bit left over for Ed, but there must be others.
I really don’t know if I’ve ever been as angry as I was that day. I was under the impression that time had run out & we’d dodged a bloody great Howitzer shell...
Then the news came through...
And then the news on how, & why…
I said here & on Twitter that that clustercluck would keep us out of contention for a year or 3. But I didn’t expect what we’ve seen
Last week was the first time we’ve ever been 16th after just 4.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
E 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:33 pm

35forever wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

They do have a couple of guys doing well, Zeibell in particular is going well, & of course that Stevo kid they paid so hugely for...
Suffice it to say that our 3 giveaways are all working out very well for their new teams.
Which is just an extra kick up the arse.
Screw the pricks who made that decision! I want their butts on a coat hanger!
Who was it anyway? I woulda thought Bucks & Guy are the main culprits... with a bit left over for Ed, but there must be others.
I really don’t know if I’ve ever been as angry as I was that day. I was under the impression that time had run out & we’d dodged a bloody great Howitzer shell...
Then the news came through...
And then the news on how, & why…
I said here & on Twitter that that clustercluck would keep us out of contention for a year or 3. But I didn’t expect what we’ve seen
Last week was the first time we’ve ever been 16th after just 4.

you aren't watching Hawthorn games if you think Phillips is doing well. He nearly cost them the game last week. He is just a flawed player who tries his heart out.

On the other hand Stevo is a sublime and outstanding talent who is lazy AF!!!

I want outstanding talents who try their hearts out from now on please.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:14 pm

35forever wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Not to mention our potential Saviour in Lord Cunnigton, King of the contested ball!
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:20 pm

For all the arguments of keeping the dumped three on, that simply underestimate the dire state of the salary cap situation, that, put quite simply, and despite their fairly signed contracts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo_I1D2nmSg

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: