Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Saints. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:43 pm
Post subject: Pre-Match. Pies v. Saints. All comments.Reply with quote

Sunday July 4.

Collingwood v. St. Kilda.

MCG. 3.20 start.

(subject to possible changes)

B: Noble, Roughead, Maynard
HB: Quaynor, Madgen, Mayne
C: Hoskin-Elliott, Crisp, Sidebottom
HF: Bianco, Cameron, Thomas
F: De Goey, Mihocek, Elliott
FOLL: Grundy, Pendlebury, Adams

I/C: Cox, Daicos, Murphy, Poulter,

EMG: Macrae, Lynch, Brown, Ruscoe

IN: De Goey

OUT: McCreery (injured)

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

On the weeekends form Saints would be favs but you never give up hope, especially against St Vomit.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:56 pm

K wrote:
It'll be interesting to watch Gawn. (Ditto Ryder when we play St K.)

Just to see what he does, how many hit out clangers he has, etc. (Hit out clangers of course do not show up in the caveman stats CD provides.)

Okay, here we are. And Marshall is back from injury, so make that Marshall/Ryder.

I noted elsewhere:

Collingwood-Freo:
Total Hit Outs: Collingwood 29-20 Freo.
Total Clearances: Collingwood 23-34 Freo.

St K-Richmond:
Hit Outs: Ryder/Marshall 42-19 Mabior Chol/Samson Ryan.
Clearances: St K 42-23 Richmond.

Their clearance dominance matched their hit-out dominance.

Looks like St K will have the clearance advantage.

St K have been crazy up and down this year. Some good wins. Some putrid losses. Some putrid goal-kicking (King and Higgins have copped a lot from the media, e.g. "Missy Higgins" headlines), but that part was good for them last game.
Alex 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:22 am

In: De Goey Out: McCreery - De Goey to play in the middle
In: Keane Out: Madgen - We aren't gonna make the finals, lets see what Keane can do.
In: Kelly Out: Cox - We needed another marking option in our forward 50, but Cox wasn't the answer. Our forward line is too slow if both he and Cameron are in there so in comes Will Kelly.
In: Wilson Out: Mayne - Controversial. Some like Mayne, others, like me, think his kicking absolutely ruins our ball movement. I understand his role is to get it to our damaging Half-Backs, but does he really need to take 10 seconds, then chip it to them at the boundary line, then go backwards only to lose the ball or kick it to a 50/50? For me, Wilson or even Ruscoe comes in, again, not making finals, so play the kids instead of the mediocre role players. Its not like we have no experience, Maynard, Roughead, Crisp, WHE, Grundy, Adams, De Goey, Elliott, Sidey, Pendles, and Thomas all have played 100+ games, +Noble, Quaynor, Daicos, and Mihocek all know what they are doing and have played in multiple finals. Thats 15/22 players that I have just named, and only Keane, Bianco, Kelly, Wilson, and Poulter have played less than 10 games.

Saints are in form, should win in a close one, but we will show promise on what may lie ahead.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:03 am

While I would drop Cox, it seems that Harvey wants to stick with him for a while yet. I reckon it makes our team too slow and top heavy, but then again wtfwik?

For those critical of Madgen, I expect him to retain the CHB spot for the remainder of the year. He'll never be a great player, but he is quite a good mark, reasonably mobile and gives his all. Furthermore, we don't have a better key defender in the ressies to take his spot.

I would drop C. Brown, but I don't expect that to occur.

Out: McCreery

In: De Goey

Pies by 5 points.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:05 am

Imo a pretty winnable game for us, the Saints are obviously still very vulnerable imo... but then again, so are we.

I'll tip us by a goal but I'm far from confident.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:07 pm

We’re just about at that fork in the road regarding future team selections.
The club can either continue to pursue a “ best team “ policy or it entertains a selection policy around development and the future.
I have no doubt any selection that includes Mayne, Thomas, Brown and ( to a lesser extent ) Madgen will give us an improved chance of a win on the day over the likes of Wilson, Keane, Rantall and MacRae or Henry ( examples only )
Conversely, the experience that comes with playing young men at the elite level is the best teacher for what’s required to take the next step.
I’m ok whichever way they go but if posters are going to push the “ development “ path, then that should also come with even further reduced expectations on the day …. just saying.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
The club can either continue to pursue a “ best team “ policy or it entertains a selection policy around development and the future.
I have no doubt any selection that includes Mayne, Thomas, Brown and ( to a lesser extent ) Madgen will give us an improved chance of a win on the day over the likes of Wilson, Keane, Rantall and MacRae or Henry ( examples only )
Conversely, the experience that comes with playing young men at the elite level is the best teacher for what’s required to take the next step.
I’m ok whichever way they go but if posters are going to push the “ development “ path, then that should also come with even further reduced expectations on the day …. just saying.

I think McCrae, Rantall, Henry all clearly would benefit from playing VFL this season, and then having strong preseasons, ready to be tested out next year. all looked too young and inexperienced to me. Wilson, Keane and Kelly are the ones I think we could beneficially test out this year. Wilson is 23 already, so if we don't find out about him, then it will rapidly become too late. And Sier needs to prove that he is worthy of a place on our list over the remainder of this year. So I would be in favour of playing these four at any time, at the expense of a "best possible team" approach.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

I think McCrae, Rantall, Henry all clearly would benefit from playing VFL this season, and then having strong preseasons, ready to be tested out next year. all looked too young and inexperienced to me. Wilson, Keane and Kelly are the ones I think we could beneficially test out this year. Wilson is 23 already, so if we don't find out about him, then it will rapidly become too late. And Sier needs to prove that he is worthy of a place on our list over the remainder of this year. So I would be in favour of playing these four at any time, at the expense of a "best possible team" approach.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Rantall, Macrae and Henry are not yet physically strong enough to compete confidently at the AFL level. They need to play consistently good footy in the ressies and use the forthcoming pre-season to add muscle and aerobic strength, so they can have a great impact in the seniors next year.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:40 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Imo a pretty winnable game for us, the Saints are obviously still very vulnerable imo... but then again, so are we.

I'll tip us by a goal but I'm far from confident.

True Wolfie, the Aints have been woeful, but their win over the Tigers was amazing, they did real well, had Tigers done for all money. Least we are now forewarned, we know they can play some decent footy, we must be ready for them, and i think we will be. Be a real tough game, close i reckon, just hope we can finally pinch a close one, we are due for a close victory Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
While I would drop Cox, it seems that Harvey wants to stick with him for a while yet. I reckon it makes our team too slow and top heavy, but then again wtfwik?

For those critical of Madgen, I expect him to retain the CHB spot for the remainder of the year. He'll never be a great player, but he is quite a good mark, reasonably mobile and gives his all. Furthermore, we don't have a better key defender in the ressies to take his spot.

Pies by 5 points.

Magden reminds me a bit of Mickey Gayfer, same dour type, remember "theres nobody safer, than mickey gayfer ", He used to cop lots of flak too, called a battler, but you do need a workhorse battler in teams, the unsung heroes, Noble is a bit like that, always gives 100%. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:55 pm

ronrat wrote:
On the weeekends form Saints would be favs but you never give up hope, especially against St Vomit.

Pies favourites @ $1.75, Stk $2.10.

JDG will be a valuable in but losing McCreery hurts.

I think they'll give Cox another crack, give him a few weeks and see if he can add something. I dunno, I thought he was going to be a 2-3 goal a game for us type. Serious doubts now.
Will they bring Wilson back? Sorry, I don't rate him, looks totally lost out there.

I hope we can sneak in a W, but I wouldn't be backing us at that price with my ex-wifes money.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:56 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Pies by 5 points.

We have two key defenders better than Madgen - Keane and Tohill. Both can hit a target on the chest from 50m away. Tohill did a kick on the pocket from one side of the ground to a teammate on the opposite flank of the ground which hit him on the chest with the guy's opponent a meter away. The two Irish men should be giving kicking lessons to the rest of the team. I wouldn't hold either of them back from being picked in the senior team. In fact I'll go further and say if Harvey wants to be a senior AFL coach it's on his head if he continues to pick underperformers in players like Madgen.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:01 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Pies by 5 points.

Magden reminds me a bit of Mickey Gayfer, same dour type, remember "theres nobody safer, than mickey gayfer ", He used to cop lots of flak too, called a battler, but you do need a workhorse battler in teams, the unsung heroes, Noble is a bit like that, always gives 100%. Surprised

Ridiculous comparing Madgen to Noble. One knows how to play AFL footy. Do people read the stats after the game to decide how so and so played? Because if you do you get a totally false picture of who can play and who can't. For instance read the stats for Poulter and Bianco. Nothing shows out in the stats. However both know how to play.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: