Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The defence rests

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:12 am
Post subject: The defence restsReply with quote

Some stats on AFL live shows the decline in our defence where at one stage we were 3rd best
Now stats have us at 11th best —and it also says Robert Harvey has taken over defence coaching

I rest my case your honor

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And I’ll expand further in as much as Harv,s had midfields duty which was not a huge success plus Sando was forward,s coach —oh boy what a battle we have to win a game

Band aid approach to coaching

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:40 am

As they say, there’s lies, damned lies and statistics. The AFL story is a beat up. We’re getting beat up in the middle, the ball is being rushed down to our back line and we don’t have time to set up a defensive zone. Plus our confidence is down, Howe has been injured, Crisp has been played a bit further up the field to give us drive and Moore was shifted from defense into attack. You can also add that we’re getting killed on the wings through missing targets when we give the ball up and are unable to roll our players back in time to help the back line. Once we start to win the ball out of the middle again our defensive structures will right themselves. Meanwhile it’s worth experimenting on the best combination of our back seven, especially since Howe is out injured and we have nothing to lose.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:54 am

Yes but in all of the AFL hoopla still maintain NB side kicks inadequate
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:01 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
As they say, there’s lies, damned lies and statistics. The AFL story is a beat up. We’re getting beat up in the middle, the ball is being rushed down to our back line and we don’t have time to set up a defensive zone. Plus our confidence is down, Howe has been injured, Crisp has been played a bit further up the field to give us drive and Moore was shifted from defense into attack. You can also add that we’re getting killed on the wings through missing targets when we give the ball up and are unable to roll our players back in time to help the back line. Once we start to win the ball out of the middle again our defensive structures will right themselves. Meanwhile it’s worth experimenting on the best combination of our back seven, especially since Howe is out injured and we have nothing to lose.

bingo
statistics can be used to prove anything - 64% of people know this
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:50 am

^ Very funny matrix10.
In full agreement with MBFC also. "Lies, damned lies and statistics " is about right when applied to our game. My eyes just glaze over when the stats are trotted out, because they just show the bleeding obvious, but nothing of the nuances of the game, which count for much more.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:52 am

yup, i mean it might say 300 kicks but how many were dinky ones??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: