Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Roos.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the VFL game, Mcinnis looks a good player, but not yet physically up to senior footy imo. Remember he is the youngest on our list. His time will come, but I suspect it won't be for a while. I agree that Wilson looked good, but assuming Moore returns to defence, I can't see a spot for him. FWIW, I thought Sier and Henry were our best in the VFL.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:45 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Moore must play CHB the forward experiment isn’t and won’t work
Play Cameron at FF he isn’t a bad mark and he’s a half way decent kick
Roughead must play FB he can’t be taken up the ground he’s to slow and doesn’t have the engine to do the running
Keane can’t be our FB he’s to easily beaten in the air he’s still learning
Thomas starts in the middle with Daicos and either Crisp or Sier
Sidey plays forward and becomes our forward general because right now he isn’t any value in the middle
Pendles off the HBF so he can organise team defence structure
Crisp into the middle rotating with IQ
JDG plays like Martin starts at centre contest then goes forward
Sier comes in and plays the Adams role until Adams is back
Poulter Rantall McCeery Murphy Henry Kelly all be given extended games to get used to pace of AFL
Youthful exuberance won’t hurt this team at all
[/b]
When they tire to much from weekly bashing give them a week off in seconds then straight back in
Play them in there proffered roles not roles they aren’t used too
Yes it will be a baptism of fire but learning in the job sometimes is the best way
Our leaders need to be on field coaches now teaching the young players and if they can’t or won’t commit to helping rebuild the team then time for them to go[/b]

Some exceedingly good points here I reckon qldmagpie. Acknowledgements to others who have suggested similar moves Smile.

From the CFC website:

Quote:
For the 6th time this season, Collingwood’s opposition have out-marked the Pies by an unfathomable amount. It’s becoming extremely prevalent that teams are able to control the football on the outside of the contest too easy against the Pies

Is fixing this as simple as (KISS) directing players to man the hell up (forget about intricate zone defence for the time being), fight like hell to either negate the ball or possess it, then get it forward, (preferably with good skills and decision making), but ultimately in any way possible???

How often do coaches use the term "back to basics" when their team is struggling.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:59 pm

After viewing the couple of videos of his being named for his first game, it's very obvious that Poulter is extremely popular already with fellow players. This will help enormously with him settling into the club and the team.

TP, if you read this, do you agree that he's a very welcome addition for female supporters as well ??? Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:07 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
After viewing the couple of videos of his being named for his first game, it's very obvious that Poulter is extremely popular already with fellow players. This will help enormously with him settling into the club and the team.

TP, if you read this, do you agree that he's a very welcome addition for female supporters as well ??? Wink
yeah nah, not my type, I prefer muscles, stand him next to Adams!!! Adams is just about perfection, or Howe, but his legs are skinny, but that face that chest.... checkers is pretty nice too!
for bad boys id take deGoey any day, Swanny was my bad boy dream - but i learned a lesson when i got my real life bad boy dream sooo many years ago (saw him at a funeral a couple of years ago, man what an escape that was!!) - ill take Howe or Adams now! Nice boys!!!!!

but for just one night only, yeah DeGoey is the man - and i wont call the cops!!!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:38 pm

Big T wrote:
Roos by 18, pies to get the #1 pick.

oh hang on.... Ned wtf did u do...

Our first pick will be in the 30s?

Looking at this thread on BF: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-provisional-draft-order-live-based-on-current-ladder.1251001/page-4

Currently we have 36, 39, 43, 47. Obviously that will change as the season goes on and if theres any other bids on the night. But that is enough to match bids on Nick Daicos.

However, I believe the club backed themselves to have a better season then what we are currently having. We did well with the players we got in the last draft, but maybe we should have held onto that first pick?

GWS the ones laughing, if we stay in the bottom 4. Hawks will also get our 2nd rounder which could also be tasty for them if we dont start winning. We have Adelaide and Freos 3rd rounder as well as the Dogs 2nd rounder. But of course the Crows and Dockers have lifted and the Dogs could go all the way.

We'll get Nick Daicos regardless, but the club may have held off had we known we'd be looking like a bottom 4 side.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:22 pm

think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

yeah nah, not my type, I prefer muscles, stand him next to Adams!!! Adams is just about perfection, or Howe, but his legs are skinny, but that face that chest.... checkers is pretty nice too!
for bad boys id take deGoey any day, Swanny was my bad boy dream - but i learned a lesson when i got my real life bad boy dream sooo many years ago (saw him at a funeral a couple of years ago, man what an escape that was!!) - ill take Howe or Adams now! Nice boys!!!!!
but for just one night only, yeah DeGoey is the man - and i wont call the cops!!!

Laughing Laughing Hilarious!!! It's a good thing we don't all prefer the same type!!!

For me, it's the high cheek bones and chiselled face, which is why I love Checkers too. Dark, flowing hair is a really big plus!! so young Daics appeals to me also. I agree Tay has a superb, muscled physique and I admire Billy in that respect too. Wink
LMAO re JDG and not calling the cops :lol:Glad you had a fortunate escape once upon a time.
Same re Swanny - the ultimate, cheeky, bad boy!! Sense of humour a bonus there too. (Could be why Taylor has put up with him all these years!!).

Apologies about this gal banter, to the men folk on here!!!! Hope we don't get reported to the mods for having some fun Wink
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Big T wrote:
Roos by 18, pies to get the #1 pick.

oh hang on.... Ned wtf did u do...

Our first pick will be in the 30s?

Looking at this thread on BF: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-provisional-draft-order-live-based-on-current-ladder.1251001/page-4

Currently we have 36, 39, 43, 47. Obviously that will change as the season goes on and if theres any other bids on the night. But that is enough to match bids on Nick Daicos.

However, I believe the club backed themselves to have a better season then what we are currently having. We did well with the players we got in the last draft, but maybe we should have held onto that first pick?

GWS the ones laughing, if we stay in the bottom 4. Hawks will also get our 2nd rounder which could also be tasty for them if we dont start winning. We have Adelaide and Freos 3rd rounder as well as the Dogs 2nd rounder. But of course the Crows and Dockers have lifted and the Dogs could go all the way.

We'll get Nick Daicos regardless, but the club may have held off had we known we'd be looking like a bottom 4 side.

Im sure the club would have done the numbers on worst case scenario but I also doubt they would have imagined it playing out.
One of things that comes into consideration is that the points required change considerably depending on a couple scenarios. Even the Dogs getting beaten in a semi makes a reasonable points difference as opposed to them winning a G F. Daicos going at # 2 ( which is unlikely ) would make a big difference to the points required as opposed to pick number one.

“ Everyone “ seems to think HAD we kept our first rounder and finished last, then we would automatically pick a player before Daicos.
I’m not as convinced. The argument would be why would you name a player before Daicos ( its a midfielder ) who isn’t as good as Daicos and still pay a premium, when Daicos as the better footballer, is there at a discount.
We will never know but I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of us trading that hypothetical number one and chopping it up for a plug n play player and another pick in the second round ( particularly if we take a couple young kids in the mid year draft ) A young list needs senior players around them.
Just a thought.

PS I’ve got those draft picks totalling around 1650 points.
If Daicos goes at one, we will be required to give up 2400 points.( after F / S discount )
MickMCG34 

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 pm

qldmagpie67
Good ideas but NB won’t do any of those things.
As most on Nicks agree with, he lacks the imagination, creativity and daring to do f.....g do anything to change what is happening—obviously failing.
“Just DO SOMETHING (different)“ it just might spark something good!!!!!!!!

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:02 pm

MickMCG34 wrote:
qldmagpie67
Good ideas but NB won’t do any of those things

Should not be his decision

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:11 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
MickMCG34 wrote:
qldmagpie67
Good ideas but NB won’t do any of those things

Should not be his decision

Won’t be for long...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:30 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
We are a Real Chance of North beating us next week and Might be for the Better for the Future of Collingwood IF we do.

In: Henry Tohill Rantall Sier

Out: Mayne Keane De Goey ?

How did Sier play in the VFL, Dave?

Quiet 1st 3 Qtrs but had a Impact in the last qtr to help is just get over the Line

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:36 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Apologies about this gal banter, to the men folk on here!!!! Hope we don't get reported to the mods for having some fun Wink

Laughing Not sure if you would remember when we had the (very active) Chicks Channel subforum for these precise purposes, but we might have to consider reopening it if the Pies lose this weekend – because there certainly won't be much else worth talking about on Nick's this season! Wink

K 

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:55 pm

Heater called the game v. GWS the Heath Shaw Cup, so I guess this is the Jaidyn Stephenson Cup. Shocked
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:41 am

OUT: Noble, Mayne, MaCrae, C Brown, Thomas
IN: Wilson, T Brown, Sier, Rantall, Henry

Re the OUTS:
Mayne refuses to take the game on, or any attacking instint has been coached out of him. One or the other.
C Brown is too small and can't kick.
Thomas gives us nothing. Well done to him to come back from being outed for drugs, but it stops here.
With Noble, you can expect that a kid has zero physical presence in the under 12's but not at AFL level. I don't care how many receives he gets or runs onto a loose ball. I'll give you a scenario that happened last week...side by side with Rankin going for a loose ball, and Rankin bumps him off the ball effortlessly and gets the ball. There's no stat that goes against Noble for this but it's damning. How Buckley cannot see this tells you why we are in this predicament in the first place.
The kid MaCrae needs a spell, he's not ready yet.

Re the INS:
Don't know much about Wilson but been on our list for a few years and played well in the 2nds last week apparently. No harm to try him.
T Brown has some good aspects to his game, but someone really needs to teach him to flatten his kicking. This is what coaching is all about to see this kind of glaring issue in a kid's game. Alas we have bunch of muppet coaches.
Sier also played well in the VFL last week by all accounts. Stick him in the middle with JDG and Daicos. Can we also actually get these guys to be dynamic before Grundy taps it? They just stand there ffs. Much like the forward line...player with the ball at 60m and there is ZERO movement by all forwards. I'm not exaggerating either.
Henry, forget about the first game...take 2.
Rantall, similar to Wilson haven't seen much of him. From the ANZAC game he didn't show much but you gotta give him another go.

Other things I'd like to see....
Sidey plays as an attacking winger only. We need him to be kicking goals for us. I'm a Sidey fan. I don't like his kicking action but he's a pretty f#cking good footballer. He's no good at absorbing tackles though...he usually gets pinged if he tries that...just get rid of it Sidey, no need to take on the tackler.
Moore back in defence. Darcy isn't a forward, never was never will be.
Daicos to play in the centre. Centre square rotations to include JDG, Daicos, Sier, Maynard, Quaynor, Crisp, T Brown. Would love to see Tyler get a bit of that manic aggression his father had, but not sure that gene was passed on.
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:56 am

bally12 wrote:
... Can we also actually get these guys to be dynamic before Grundy taps it? They just stand there ffs. Much like the forward line...player with the ball at 60m and there is ZERO movement by all forwards. I'm not exaggerating either.

They're not dynamic because they've no idea where Grundy's taps are gonna go.

And the forwards have no confidence in the delivery from the player with the ball.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: