Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Roos.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
bally12 wrote:
... Can we also actually get these guys to be dynamic before Grundy taps it? They just stand there ffs. Much like the forward line...player with the ball at 60m and there is ZERO movement by all forwards. I'm not exaggerating either.

They're not dynamic because they've no idea where Grundy's taps are gonna go.

And the forwards have no confidence in the delivery from the player with the ball.

That's a coaching issue not a Grundy issue

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:34 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Cunnington to bash us up.
North by 21.
Buckley to walk or be sacked.

Your 2/3s correct mate

Bmore 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:49 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
We are a Real Chance of North beating us next week and Might be for the Better for the Future of Collingwood IF we do.

In: Henry Tohill Rantall Sier

Out: Mayne Keane De Goey ?

How did Sier play in the VFL, Dave?

VFL stats (given in my highly-subjective order of our best players):

- Henry 22 disposals, 13 marks and 3.3.
- Wilson 30 disposals, 9 marks, 1.1.
- McInnes 20 disposals, 11 tackles, 1 goal.
- Sier 28 disposals, 1.1.

Madgen also had 25 disposals but he made a lot of errors.

Henry and Wilson were the two who looked to me like they could play seniors next game.

Can you tell me were to find the VFL Stats? Thanks
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:24 am

K wrote:
bally12 wrote:
... Can we also actually get these guys to be dynamic before Grundy taps it? They just stand there ffs. Much like the forward line...player with the ball at 60m and there is ZERO movement by all forwards. I'm not exaggerating either.

They're not dynamic because they've no idea where Grundy's taps are gonna go.

And the forwards have no confidence in the delivery from the player with the ball.

Yep, it's like a vicious circle, one perpetuating the other, in both instances.
KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:40 am

simon tonna wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Cunnington to bash us up.
North by 21.
Buckley to walk or be sacked.

Your 2/3s correct mate

Don't underestimate the effect of the trade period debacle.
All players know the team has been betrayed. There's a dark cloud hanging over the club.
As long as anyone from that administration is left, the collective will won't be there to win.

I have been saying for a month that the team will fall and Buckley will resign.
If not, the players won't play for Buckley at a subconscious level and we will see us going through
the rest of the season without further wins.

Buckley can coach but remove Buckley, get a new coach for renewed spirit and trust
and everyone at the club will be happier.

This week I'm interested in how Stephenson will go, lol.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:18 pm

K wrote:
Heater called the game v. GWS the Heath Shaw Cup, so I guess this is the Jaidyn Stephenson Cup. Shocked

Levi Greenwood says hello (and Atu Bosenavulagi)!

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:34 pm

If another team picks Nick Daicos, say at 1 or 2 or wherever, and we then take him, does the first team suffer any "penalty" of any description in having picked Daicos? Because any team will know that we'll match the bid so is there anything to stop a team from unrealistically making a bid which it knows it won't get?
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:54 pm

It's an open draft, so no. Assuming we finish second last and North finish last, North are free to select whichever player they want. North would be unlikely to select Daicos though, as we would match them and select Daicos by using later selection points. That would give us first pick with North moving down to second. They wouldn't like missing out on the publicity of having the first pick so the odds are they will select a player other than Daicos.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:32 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
It's an open draft, so no. Assuming we finish second last and North finish last, North are free to select whichever player they want. North would be unlikely to select Daicos though, as we would match them and select Daicos by using later selection points. That would give us first pick with North moving down to second. They wouldn't like missing out on the publicity of having the first pick so the odds are they will select a player other than Daicos.

That’s a good talking point as to whether Kangas with the number one pick ( scenario only ) would pick Daicos or not. We need to remember, that scenario didn’t stop Crows nominating Ugle - Hagen.
IF the Kangas believe in their heart of hearts, that he’s the best player in the draft, I think they’re obliged to call his name out. I get the marketing aspect and North need it more than anyone but it is it really a smart move to overlook the best player going around. If they don’t ( hopefully ) then it becomes a decent win for us draft points wise.
It will be a must watch on draft night regardless of whoever finishes with pick one ( and that could yet be anyone on the back of pre draft trading )
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:14 pm

Clubs understand that they need to deal with each other sooner or later - whether it's trading players, trading picks, pushing back against the AFL etc.
Selecting Daicos to screw with Collingwood would only be something a low-life club like Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St. Kilda, Sydney, West Coast or Western Bulldogs would do.

Last edited by thesoretoothsayer on Tue May 04, 2021 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:26 pm

KickTruly wrote:

Don't underestimate the effect of the trade period debacle.
All players know the team has been betrayed. There's a dark cloud hanging over the club.
As long as anyone from that administration is left, the collective will won't be there to win.

I have been saying for a month that the team will fall and Buckley will resign.
If not, the players won't play for Buckley at a subconscious level and we will see us going through
the rest of the season without further wins.

Buckley can coach but remove Buckley, get a new coach for renewed spirit and trust
and everyone at the club will be happier...

These are valid points. Add to the mix the fact that Beams was traded in and others needed to take a 'haircut' on their contracts to make it happen, only to then see him disappear would add to the malcontent within the group.
This group is badly affected and there is big trouble at Collingwood. Having watched them up close last weekend I'm struggling to see this mob win another game. They look totally dispirited. It's quite sad.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:30 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:

That’s a good talking point as to whether Kangas with the number one pick ( scenario only ) would pick Daicos or not. We need to remember, that scenario didn’t stop Crows nominating Ugle - Hagen.
IF the Kangas believe in their heart of hearts, that he’s the best player in the draft, I think they’re obliged to call his name out. I get the marketing aspect and North need it more than anyone but it is it really a smart move to overlook the best player going around. If they don’t ( hopefully ) then it becomes a decent win for us draft points wise.
It will be a must watch on draft night regardless of whoever finishes with pick one ( and that could yet be anyone on the back of pre draft trading )

I don't know much about the youngsters being drafted each year but from the little I have seen of Ugle-Hagen in the VFL, he almost appears to be a young Buddy Franklin type. From memory he was a clear no.1 selection according to every recruiter last draft. As a midfielder there would be more options than Daicos, I would assume. Is Daicos a clear no.1 selection?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:48 pm

It would be ironic if GWS having been gifted the no1 draft pick then force us to use maximum points on getting Daicos.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:02 pm

^ ^ ^ 5FTWOD

Most thought J U H would go pick one, so the Crows calling him out wasn’t a surprise. The Crows then backed up with Thilthorpe ( a tall S A kid and as per your name, he kicked five on debut ) Based on that small sample, they wouldn’t be disappointed with either.
Every week Daicos plays, he only firms further as number one. His two likely threats are both midfielders. Things could change but it’s unlikely there will be a tall called out in the top six or so.
As I said, it’s a bloody good conversation. I just to think that a clubs “ recruiting integrity “ comes into play here, so it goes against picking the second best player when you believe there’s one better left on the table.
The only certainty is that whoever has pick number one will know that if they do call out Daicos first, then we will match that bid. So that club will certainly have their plan B ready to go with pick two.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:27 pm

K wrote:
Heater called the game v. GWS the Heath Shaw Cup, so I guess this is the Jaidyn Stephenson Cup. Shocked

Actually its the Freeman-Greenwood cup.

The BOG is awarded the Bosenavulagi Medal.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: