Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memo Collingwood FC administration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MickMCG34 wrote:
Burnsy17
How does a Collingwood supporter walk into a GF (in which they are participating) “walk in stress free”? What will you be “on”? 🥴

Hahahaha yeah good point!

Attaining the seat will be stress free. Actually sitting in it, not so much!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:44 pm

In the late 90's I went to many games. This was before I had a license and I used to go in on the train with my brother. After 2000, we went a lot more often. In 2002 and in 2003 I believe we went to every game in Victoria, maybe missing two or three along the way. I've been a member the whole time.

In the 2002 Grand Final, I had to watch from home. Same in '03. A friend of a friend that I sort of know, went to both GF's even tho he freely admitted he didn't go to any home and away games.

That's when I learnt how it all works. You will never be rewarded for longevity or by sticking by the club when we're down. There's plenty of longtime Richmond supporters that can tell you that. They have all of a sudden got a few Johnny Come-Latelys that are basking in the glory, when there's 30+ year members there who were attending games when they were spooners.

I still went to every game (well at least 90%) from 04 right up until I moved to England in August 2015. Hell, I even went to the VFL games most weeks. I missed a ticket in the 2010 GF because I was not a legends member and my number wasn't drawn. In 2011, I was a legends member and got a ticket no worries. I remained a legends member even tho I lived overseas and when I came back to Melbs I went to the 2018 GF.

I stayed a legends member in 2020 even though everyone was saying I'm crazy. I would kill for this club. I would die for this club (May as well, they've been giving me heart attacks and slowly killing me for years anyway).

I've been to every game in Victoria this year, except one. I will not be able to attend the game Vs North.

No future Grand Final ticket for me then. (But I get what the OP is trying to say).

I dont consider myself more deserving or a better supporter than anyone else. There's thousands of people in the same boat.

Also, isn't it Norths home game?

gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Memo Collingwood FC administrationReply with quote

88MPH wrote:
Position club representatives outside every gate at Marvel this weekend and record the name of every Collingwood supporter who attends to support the team. Then, when we next make the Grand Final, those people on your list need to be given priority to those GF tickets.

We are at a low point in our recent history. This is when we truly see who stands ‘side by side’.

What and I should miss out because I’m interstate and coach footy on Saturdays? Despite driving from interstate for 3-5 games a season, but because I don’t go to this particular Saturday afternoon game I shouldn’t get a GF ticket.

Possibly the dumbest post I’ve seen in my entire 18 years on this site, and that Sir is a mighty achievement!
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:36 pm

88MPH wrote:
Position club representatives outside every gate at Marvel this weekend and record the name of every Collingwood supporter who attends to support the team. Then, when we next make the Grand Final, those people on your list need to be given priority to those GF tickets.

We are at a low point in our recent history. This is when we truly see who stands ‘side by side’.

What a load of crap, stop drinking your own bath water sunshine!

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:45 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
MickMCG34 wrote:
Burnsy17
How does a Collingwood supporter walk into a GF (in which they are participating) “walk in stress free”? What will you be “on”? 🥴

Hahahaha yeah good point!

Attaining the seat will be stress free. Actually sitting in it, not so much!

I got up and left my seat in 2018 at Half Time. I could see what was coming, and I was sitting next to arrogant Weagles supporters.

My first 'live' GF after 51 years on this planet. I know exactly how Dad felt now, when he attended 64, 66, 70, he did see 53 and 58 I think. RIP Dad.

My ancestors were born in Collingwood before the club existed. I am a 3rd Gen supporter on my Dads side.

Last edited by SteveH67 on Thu May 06, 2021 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:05 pm

Bitter end for me, always, never left a gf before the end, and only a handful of other games
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:17 pm

I want Kordo to meet my wife and I outside the Ground and explain why the Corporates eat caviar at our games and we members eat Chinese pies from Wahan ? Fed up with the treatment we are getting while the Corporates get to watch the games in luxury . Reminds me of the Cussons soap advertisement where they are in a spa flying around in a Concord. Why can’t we a plane like that to fly Social Club members to interstate games? That’s the least the Club can do for us after what we are putting up with this year. Grow up Collingwood and treat your members with respect. Footscray Social Club members receive a free jumper and signed football every year they renew . We get filth.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:11 pm

Hiss wrote:
I want Kordo to meet my wife and I outside the Ground and explain why the Corporates eat caviar at our games and we members eat Chinese pies from Wahan ? Fed up with the treatment we are getting while the Corporates get to watch the games in luxury . Reminds me of the Cussons soap advertisement where they are in a spa flying around in a Concord. Why can’t we a plane like that to fly Social Club members to interstate games? That’s the least the Club can do for us after what we are putting up with this year. Grow up Collingwood and treat your members with respect. Footscray Social Club members receive a free jumper and signed football every year they renew . We get filth.

Hiss, this is a disgusting post from you in which you buy into the anti-China venom spewed out by all the talking media heads. Who the f!*$ cares about your petty complaints regarding corporates watching the game in luxury.
Any real Collingwood supporter cares not the f*!? where they watch the game. Why instead dont you comment on what really matters, ie: who our coach should be, who are assistant coaches should be, who our selections will be.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:04 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Hiss, this is a disgusting post from you in which you buy into the anti-China venom spewed out by all the talking media heads. Who the f!*$ cares about your petty complaints regarding corporates watching the game in luxury.
Any real Collingwood supporter cares not the f*!? where they watch the game. Why instead dont you comment on what really matters, ie: who our coach should be, who are assistant coaches should be, who our selections will be.

You are the disgusting one! This has nothing to do with China. Your left trolling doesn’t worry me at all. You must think that your contrived outrage at anything thing anyone says that you disagree with gives you a right to abuse and bully. Don’t waste your time reading my posts and cowardly inventing outrage. My complaints about inequality are genuine and speak for members who care about the way we are treated . If you love China and their regime then say so. Your reaction has me wondering? Are you seriously suggesting what China are doing to minorities and anyone who disagrees with their oppressive Government is worth defending or criticising people like me who dare to mention them? Come clean with your real agenda before you spew your venom at me! How could you possibly be so defensive of China in this context ?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:27 am

think positive wrote:
Bitter end for me, always, never left a gf before the end, and only a handful of other games

Apart from the 1980 GF when I left at half time and heard Roy and HG commentate on 3RRR the alternative GF ( at least I think it was them) and in their version the mighty pies got up in a huge win v the tigers ( I was soooo upset couldn’t bear the pain) I stay till the end too.

I’ll be going again on Sat to support my pies.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:32 am

gobbles21 wrote:
88MPH wrote:

What and I should miss out because I’m interstate and coach footy on Saturdays? Despite driving from interstate for 3-5 games a season, but because I don’t go to this particular Saturday afternoon game I shouldn’t get a GF ticket.

I don’t think 88MPH means it literally; just the idea of it. The idea appeals to me (the notion of passionate supporters being recognised)

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:59 am

Hiss wrote:
You must think that your contrived outrage at anything thing anyone says that you disagree with gives you a right to abuse and bully. Don’t waste your time reading my posts and cowardly inventing outrage

Quoted for irony

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:10 am

Presti35 wrote:
In the late 90's I went to many games. This was before I had a license and I used to go in on the train with my brother. After 2000, we went a lot more often. In 2002 and in 2003 I believe we went to every game in Victoria, maybe missing two or three along the way. I've been a member the whole time.

In the 2002 Grand Final, I had to watch from home. Same in '03. A friend of a friend that I sort of know, went to both GF's even tho he freely admitted he didn't go to any home and away games.

That's when I learnt how it all works. You will never be rewarded for longevity or by sticking by the club when we're down. There's plenty of longtime Richmond supporters that can tell you that. They have all of a sudden got a few Johnny Come-Latelys that are basking in the glory, when there's 30+ year members there who were attending games when they were spooners.

I still went to every game (well at least 90%) from 04 right up until I moved to England in August 2015. Hell, I even went to the VFL games most weeks. I missed a ticket in the 2010 GF because I was not a legends member and my number wasn't drawn. In 2011, I was a legends member and got a ticket no worries. I remained a legends member even tho I lived overseas and when I came back to Melbs I went to the 2018 GF.

I stayed a legends member in 2020 even though everyone was saying I'm crazy. I would kill for this club. I would die for this club (May as well, they've been giving me heart attacks and slowly killing me for years anyway).

I've been to every game in Victoria this year, except one. I will not be able to attend the game Vs North.

No future Grand Final ticket for me then. (But I get what the OP is trying to say).

I dont consider myself more deserving or a better supporter than anyone else. There's thousands of people in the same boat.

Also, isn't it Norths home game?

Yep, I also went to most games, at least those not on a Saturday arvo, in the early part of the century. Got very, very lucky in 02 thanks to family friends but missed out in 03. No ticket in 2010, but got to the replay. Got tickets from a Geelong supporter in 2011 and sat in their section.

But after missing out in 2003, I had spent the year using a friends AFL membership and realised this was a much better alternative to securing a GF ticket than a legends membership. So by 2018 I finally secured my first ever GF ticket using my own membership.

The biggest issue for Collingwood was we grew so quickly, even in 02.03 the Legends membership was the way to go, but that quickly became limited and harder to join.

It's a shame there is no reward for true loyalty but in the modern game its all about the mighty dollar. It's now how often you're willing to go, but how much you're willing to pay for the privilege.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:00 am

88MPH's suggestion sounds nice and makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

But do we really want to have different tiers of membership?
Class 1 - If you can prove you attended games in down years.
Class 2 - If you've been a member for more than 30 years.
Class 3 - The rest.

How's that for a marketing policy. If you're a class 1 member we'll bend over backwards for you. If you're class 2 we'lll send you nice letters from time to time. You want to join up and become a new member of Collingwood? Great. You'll go straight into Class 3 and please check back in with us in 2051.

Supporters who go to games in down years do it because they love the Collingwood Football Club. They stick fat through thick and thin. 1987 was a down year for us. I remember seeing a skinny Gavin Brown struggling for a while. My reward was seeing him lighting up the MCG on a wing playing for Victoria and seeing him become a premiership player.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 am

Harrysz wrote:
88MPH's suggestion sounds nice and makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

But do we really want to have different tiers of membership?
Class 1 - If you can prove you attended games in down years.
Class 2 - If you've been a member for more than 30 years.
Class 3 - The rest.

How's that for a marketing policy. If you're a class 1 member we'll bend over backwards for you. If you're class 2 we'lll send you nice letters from time to time. You want to join up and become a new member of Collingwood? Great. You'll go straight into Class 3 and please check back in with us in 2051.

Supporters who go to games in down years do it because they love the Collingwood Football Club. They stick fat through thick and thin. 1987 was a down year for us. I remember seeing a skinny Gavin Brown struggling for a while. My reward was seeing him lighting up the MCG on a wing playing for Victoria and seeing him become a premiership player.

How about:

1. Class 1: corporate
2. Class 2: the rest

Oh, hang on a sec 🤔

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: