Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game On! Pies v. Roos. Updates, all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
think better wrote:
Trying to think who Ollie Henry reminds me of - the closest I can come up with is Jack Riewoldt. Not a big brutish forward but dangerous in the air and pretty good at ground level

While I’m reluctant to even utter John Greenings name in the same conversation as Ollie Henry, he does possess similar strengths to the great man. Quick off the mark, evasive, balanced, good in the air for a player who isn’t a key forward and knows where the goals are. It’s a rare mix to be so strong in the air when those other qualities are also your part of your skill set.
If he’s half the player Greening was, we will have done well.
Don’t hang me for the comparison. I was simply trying to relate to a Collingwood player we could all identify with.

Wow!! As a magpie fan who totally idolised John Greening I find this uplifting. He will be an excitement package. Bring it on.

Tanuki 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:59 pm

think better wrote:
Trying to think who Ollie Henry reminds me of - the closest I can come up with is Jack Riewoldt. Not a big brutish forward but dangerous in the air and pretty good at ground level

Gunston.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
think better wrote:

While I’m reluctant to even utter John Greenings name in the same conversation as Ollie Henry, he does possess similar strengths to the great man. Quick off the mark, evasive, balanced, good in the air for a player who isn’t a key forward and knows where the goals are. It’s a rare mix to be so strong in the air when those other qualities are also your part of your skill set.
Don’t hang me for the comparison. I was simply trying to relate to a Collingwood player we could all identify with.

Oh, John Greening - his qualities are well described above Pies2016. A mercurial player. I was there on that fateful day and I'll never forget it. Crying or Very sad

Anyways ...... if Ollie develops into a player akin to those also mentioned here - an in form WHE, Riewoldt, Gunston - we will have acquired a really good player. Here's hoping. Smile
buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:30 pm

Leggie wrote:
Pies by 6 Goals Plus.
Bucks tenure to be extended.
Nicks implodes.

Go Pies

Smile A sense of humour is invaluable at this time.....

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:38 pm

This game really scares me
Not because I fear the opposition at all but because if our senior players aren’t really focused on season 2021 or 100% behind the coach and the club it will show
North are battlers across the board but they try really hard, put there bodies on the line, are slowly improving each week and finally have nothing to lose from really making this there grand final
If they think by beating us they can avoid a wooden spoon it might be motivation enough to really have a crack
Our leaders need to really stamp there authority early
If we don’t and north go into half time in front or close they will lift while we could well fold like a deck of cards if we aren’t in complete control at half time
Who would have thought a game between 17&18 could make you think so much
Today this game will be won if our coach can inspire the team enough to be brave and play good football
If we go negative and try to just stop them scoring to much and hope to win 48-38 then we will be in big trouble
Loss today and it’s the end for the coach and a few players careers at the club as well
We are favourites only because on paper we should win easily
The game is not played on paper it’s a lot between the ear and mentally we’ve shown to be weak especially some of the senior players
Stephenson and his speed could be a real issue for us and if he’s half the player we thought he could be today might be the day he decides to show it

Before round 1 I would have tipped us by 40+ today freak who knows
My heart says pies by 20
My brain says the senior players hearts aren’t in it any more and are already on September break
I’m hoping we win but I won’t be surprised if we lose
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

yeah sadly, i agree, i mean we really showed Treloar!! Id hate Stevo to be the hero, a) he doesnt deserve it b) thats the kinda karma god loves to give us!!

im not even nervous, what will be will be and im not expecting much. they play like they did against melboure, and its yippeee kahyay motherfucker!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:06 pm

Fair enough. FWIW, I’m confident of a win. Historically these are the types of games Collingwood win when in a slump. For my sanity I need us to win this. I will absolutely hate to lose today. And I don’t think we will.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:21 pm

think positive wrote:
im not even nervous, what will be will be and im not expecting much.

I feel the same.

If we win, it will be nice. If we lose, I expect the fallout to be massive.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:38 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
im not even nervous, what will be will be and im not expecting much.

I feel the same.

If we win, it will be nice. If we lose, I expect the fallout to be massive.

The fallout of 2021 has already been huge.

This game will answer one big question...

Are we the worst team in the competition? Or merely the second worst?

maurs64 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:24 pm

If the players are trying to get rid of Buckley, they will have to play their worst game ever! I'm expecting a horrible game jam packed with errors & turn overs. In fact today's game may set a few AFL records! It's gonna be an ugly game no matter the result.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:43 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
We’ll win it for Sidey and De Goey tip for bog to silence his critics.

Playing well against North won't silence anyone. He is lazy,.ill disciplined and over paid.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Pies by 27. Stevo 4 goals.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:48 pm

I hope we win, but not by too much, I've backed NM at the line.

Pies by 17 points.

maurs64 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:04 pm

Just been announced that North have reached 40,000 members???? They must be mostly no-game members surely. Or most of them live in Tassie?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
think better wrote:

Oh please P2016, don't get me overly excited. Johnny Greening was my idol growing up and remains the greatest player I've ever seen....bar none.

Btw, Ollie Henry looks like he could be a beauty for sure, but he ain't no Johnny Greening...just saying.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19   

Jump to: