Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Future is brighter than some might say

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

melliot wrote:
MickMCG34 wrote:
I agree.
The typical depressing, pessimistic atmosphere on this site supports 1-3 years instead of 4+.
2017 was a bottomless pit and depressing .... what then (almost) happened!!!!!
With quality coaches.

2018 did occur after a refurbishment of the list in 2014 to 2017. And imo that period was an under performance. List was much more capable. Just poorly coached. 2018 was a way over due spike. I was more positive thru that period because the list was good.

Right now our list demographic of 22-25 is pretty barron. The concern is that by the time our current kids are 23, our 28+ stars will be cooked. List management over the next 2 years is most critical. More than the coach.

Spot on! It could possibly (I've learnt not to predict the future with a crystal ball) be a big help if we could snag a Clarko or some other coach experienced in rebuilding from rock bottom (Clarko did the job from a 15th position on the ladder).

However, the most critical aspect as you say is list management. No coach can be a magician without the "cattle".
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:25 pm

No Shock that Collingwood SA Draftees look more Advanced then our Vic Kids
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Really?

If being investigated by the AFL is your idea of a bright future, then I have no words!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:05 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
So everyone's drawing the line on Callum Brown? Can't see him in your list....shame he doesn't get as much as a chance as the coaching staff to show the goods

Agreed. The kid has had to carry the weight of unrelenting expectations throughout his short career thus far - he certainly has the talent and ability but I think he just hasn’t been able to fully settle into his role or find himself as a footballer yet. The patience being afforded to him is deserved and warranted - apparently he is an outstanding person both around the club and privately. He’s totally committed to being the best he can be at training and socially. If anything I believe he needs to let go a bit, relax, realise he’s not the messiah and just enjoy his football - if anything I think he’s trying just way too hard chasing the game and not letting the game come to him. If you’ve witnessed Shai Bolton’s development he went from average to outstanding doing just that. Playing him in the appropriate position wouldn’t hurt either but keeping the faith with him will pay dividends in the long run - I see him as developing into a Jy Simpkin type of player (ironically they’re from the same draft) who’s probably advanced in his development because of where the Roos have been and the overall lack of expectations on him. Callum will not be a superstar but will be a good serviceable player - if not for us then definitely for the team he ends up at if we dump him.

"My Grandmother made great scones but doesn't mean she should run a cake factory"

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:05 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
So everyone's drawing the line on Callum Brown? Can't see him in your list....shame he doesn't get as much as a chance as the coaching staff to show the goods

Agreed. The kid has had to carry the weight of unrelenting expectations throughout his short career thus far - he certainly has the talent and ability but I think he just hasn’t been able to fully settle into his role or find himself as a footballer yet. The patience being afforded to him is deserved and warranted - apparently he is an outstanding person both around the club and privately. He’s totally committed to being the best he can be at training and socially. If anything I believe he needs to let go a bit, relax, realise he’s not the messiah and just enjoy his football - if anything I think he’s trying just way too hard chasing the game and not letting the game come to him. If you’ve witnessed Shai Bolton’s development he went from average to outstanding doing just that. Playing him in the appropriate position wouldn’t hurt either but keeping the faith with him will pay dividends in the long run - I see him as developing into a Jy Simpkin type of player (ironically they’re from the same draft) who’s probably advanced in his development because of where the Roos have been and the overall lack of expectations on him. Callum will not be a superstar but will be a good serviceable player - if not for us then definitely for the team he ends up at if we dump him.

"My Grandmother made great scones but doesn't mean she should run a cake factory"

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:14 pm

Look Clarkson, may get here, he may not.. I suspect his best is beyond him but whatever... the point im driving too is we need to stop looking for 'shortcuts', ie if only we had him it'd make all the difference. We're going to have to put in the hard work, it may take years to get it right (and by right i mean no flash in pan stuff). Is Clarkson up for a long haul because that's what this club will require.

But on that, I do believe the future is bright, if the right choices are made in a balanced and methodical way.

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:32 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:

Yeah, but with all due respect was she 194+cm, lightning quick, could run both ways all day, a fantastic ground kick and deadly in front of goals....apparently that’s the new benchmark at CFC. Now I really feel like some warm scones, jam and cream....thanks

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:03 pm

The utilities
Kelly
Ruscoe
Wilson.
At this stage to me they all look duds.
I see nothing and I mean nothing to get me even a little bit excited about.
Get rid of them??? ......No.
But the clock is ticking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: