Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

“It’s not my job to motivate the players”

Then coach, I ask you, who’s $�$%^%%$ job is it?

I have always thought that having someone else motivate players at AFL level should be unnecessary. They are not kids. If they are incapable of self motivation or haven’t been thought the basics firing yourself up by this stage of their career, they are a lost cause. I mean any coach can’t play all the required roles. The players are professionals and and should act as such😮

I totally, 100% disagree with you. Have you played team sport? at any level? have you watched the old matches where the coaches went out into the middle and we got to see it? when you are tired, say at 1/4 time you need a gee up. yes of course self motivation comes into it. but sometimes, no a lot of times you need an outside voice. I coached for about 12 years, out of 25 finals we won 16 of them, I also played in some cracker finals, including onw when we were down to 5 players for the second half of the match, we were a bloody good team, so good everyone was still barracking for the opposition, we were on the ropes and it was a draw. I was playing centre, I have never been so exhausted in my life, we all were. We motivated each other, and we won with 5 sec left on the clock. it wasnt A grade but it meant more to me than any A grade final I ever played. last game of the season, I was coaching 17/U section 1, we had to win to play finals. it was about 32 degrees outside court. 1/2 time we were 8 goals down, I said what the hell, you are better than this? its hooooot, me "are the opposition playing in an air con bubble?" do you want to play finals or not?? we won by 10. and then the stadium screwed up and we didnt play week one of the finals. when i was playing on the monday night i looked at the sheet for the final round, and realised they made a mistake. I took them on. The team that won the first week was made to come back on the thursday and play us. We won the grand final by 10 goals! Yes that was all me, that was my win. yeah its only a local comp so what/ i have 2 aussie titles to my name, neither of them in netball, and im not a talent at anything! But i had a coach who did the same as me, took on an administration that was against Victorian teams, and we won. She told us no matter what you hold your head high and give it your best shot.

my sister played badminton for Australia, its not a very well supported sport, they all had full time jobs, she played 2 olympics, and has 2 commonwealth games bronze medals and countless aussie titles, i asked her what she thought, and she said when your on your knees and that last bit of sweat is long gone, and you cant breath and the crowd is against you, you need someone who believes in you as much as you do.

You work I take it? have you never received a pat on the back? have you had good and bad bosses/ what was the difference, i dont even need to answer that for you.

I was 47 and i wanted to do the Marysville Sparton event, basically tough mudder in the snow. at the 6klm mark a lot of people took the bus back to the top but i wanted to finish, 3 more klm uphill in the snow, doing obstacles along the way. i was about 1.5klm from the finish, snow as far as your eyes could see, knee deep, i could not breath, every step i had to literally lift my leg and place it down, My daughter got up my arse and said 'im so proud of you mum, so many people quit, but your still going, if it takes all day we will do this, (she did not want to be there, i talked her into it)" she got me up that hill on words along, and i actually ran the last 800m over slippery rocks to the finish line, and i have never been more proud of myself. Or grateful. If she wasnt there i would have turned back to the carpark, and i would have regretted it for ever.

should it be a professional coaches job? It 100% should be a part of the job description, because if there is no passion coming from the person in charge, when the going gets tough it can be bloody hard to find it within.

I love seeing coaches smash a fist through the wall, but the greatest memories i have in my mind of our great club are at opposite ends of the scale:

Mick malthouse unashamedly comforting a sobbing Lucuria

Leigh matthews pumping his arms as he walked down the aisle with 5 min to go.

both of these great men knew a thing or two about passion. and winning.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:29 am

Haff wrote:
think positive wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
And FFS can we stop throwing out terms like 'true supporters' and stuff like that? Who in their right mind would come to read the drivel on this site if they werent???

Thank you so much for saying this

I stopped coming here during the "why don't you **** off to Ninthmond era"

I aint wasting my life watching Josh Thomas play football if I'm not devoted or insane......
truth! I’m also sick if it! Someone yesterday had the audacity to call out Dave, I mean piss off!

I hate the true supporter crap. I’ve supported this mob my whole life and will continue to do so. If the only way I see this club going forward is to spill the board, sack the coach and rebuild the list, that doesn’t mean I’m a hater or some piss taker from another club. I want whatever it takes to make the club great again and if that means further crisis and short term pain I will root for big losses that forced the clubs hand, not just see more of the same for the same nothing results.

totally agree, being a good supporter doesnt mean you shut up and take whatever. Im pissed off, its not fun watching us play, I hate Geefrickenlong with every part of my being, and losing to them kills me, but you know exactly where my arse will be that game, just like every other week its possible for me to be there. I tried, i really did, i kept quiet for a long time (go back 2 seasons!) but come on, this is ground hog day!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:31 am

I guess not TP 😵 My sport was a lifetime of playing cricket and as an opening batsman I would sledge the fast bowlers to fire them up, and in turn fire myself up. The dummies would bowl short and as my only decent stroke was the hook, it was great😀
In footy I think this was akin to Collingwood starting a fight/brawl in the old days when behind and causing a distraction to hinder any opposition run on. The original anti social footy. However the AFL put a stop to that by reporting players. So we get the robots playing these days.

Last edited by Lazza on Sun May 16, 2021 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:35 am

Haff wrote:
think positive wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
And FFS can we stop throwing out terms like 'true supporters' and stuff like that? Who in their right mind would come to read the drivel on this site if they werent???

Thank you so much for saying this

I stopped coming here during the "why don't you **** off to Ninthmond era"

I aint wasting my life watching Josh Thomas play football if I'm not devoted or insane......
truth! I’m also sick if it! Someone yesterday had the audacity to call out Dave, I mean piss off!

I hate the true supporter crap. I’ve supported this mob my whole life and will continue to do so. If the only way I see this club going forward is to spill the board, sack the coach and rebuild the list, that doesn’t mean I’m a hater or some piss taker from another club. I want whatever it takes to make the club great again and if that means further crisis and short term pain I will root for big losses that forced the clubs hand, not just see more of the same for the same nothing results.

The sad truth is the Buckleyphiliacs will say anything they think will help keep their boy in the job. They don't care who they upset. They just can't admit that the decision they vociferously called for and celebrated in 2011 was in fact a complete disaster.

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:59 am

Interstate trips in footy are always challenging at the best of times, let alone the worst of times. Collingwood made a fruitful start at the SCG against Sydney leading by 3 goals, before the Swans consigned the Magpies to another painful loss by 30 points (5 goals). For a period of time, Collingwood put pace on the game with continual ball movement allowing forwards to either mark or draw free kicks to have shots at goal. After that, Sydney made the adjustments where the Woods could not muster any magic with the footy in their hands. The Swans ensured the Magpies did not have any forwards leading at the ball carrier, and forced Collingwood's forwards to compete aerially in packs, where Sydney's defenders were quicker at reading the ball in-flight to take intercept marks or halve contests. The ball use in general play from the Magpies was inexplicably awful and atrocious with simple hit-ups by foot or hand missing regular targets coming out of defence, through the midfield, and across half-forward. The frequency of the amount of simple skill errors that Collingwood made on the day has dictated where the Pies have been for much of the 2021 season to this point in time. Desperate times do call for desperate measures. However, the Magpies will not be able to make decisions quickly on the profile of their list until the conclusion of the season, with the exception of week-to-week selections of the teams which will always evolve as we've always known.

The only categories that Collingwood won were from hit-outs by +12 (34 - 22), clearances were won by +12 ( 40 - 28 ), with centre clearances up by +5 (10 - 5), and +7 for stoppage clearances (30 - 23). Sydney won every other major category on the day. They won disposals by +32 (402 - 370), kicks were up by +29 (218 - 189), while handballs had a margin of +3 (84 - 81). Contested possessions were won by +4 (153 - 149), with uncontested possessions won by +33 (243 - 210), while intercept possessions had a gap of +7 (83 - 76). Uncontested marks were in Sydney's favour by +16 ( 74 - 58 ), with Contested Marks won by +10 (21 - 11), and +8 for Marks Inside 50 (12 - 4). Tackles were up by +13 (82 - 69), while Tackles Inside 50 were extraordinarily high with a differential of +18 (29 - 11), while the Swans had weight of supply of forward entries with a margin of +13 for Inside 50s (58 - 45).

Josh Daicos (28 disposals @ 64%, 182 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 17 handballs, 5 tackles, 2 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 centre clearances & 2 Inside 50s) continued his form with his ball-winning ability being prominent without being potent. Daicos is putting himself into a phone box a bit too much with the amount of handballs he is distributing, while he has not given himself time and space to kick the ball aggressively and effectively to the team's advantage. Find time and space to kick the ball well, Josh. With you as my main man (favourite player), I want you to rediscover your capabilities soon.

Steele Sidebottom (25 disposals @ 68%, 326 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 13 kicks, 12 handballs, 2 marks, 6 tackles, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 3 Inside 50s) was solid without being exemplary. Sidebottom was one of the chief culprits with his skill errors through the midfield, although he was relatively tidy as the game went longer. A mixed bag of lollies for Steele, which has occurred quite a lot this season where he has won the ball, but has not been exquisite with his skill execution compared to yesteryear.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (23 disposals @ 65%, 415 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 9 handballs, 10 marks, 4 tackles, 4 score involvements, 5 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50s, 2 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) played his best game of the season by an absolute mile. Hoskin-Elliott thrived on the wing to be the conduit between half-back and half-forward to take marks, and continued to provide territory where very few of his teammates could manage on a day where everything dried up.

Brodie Grundy (17 disposals @ 59%, 165 metres gained, 14 contested possessions, 3 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 27 hit-outs, 8 kicks, 9 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 6 clearances, 5 stoppage clearances, 5 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) competed fairly well throughout the game, but did not tear the match apart. Got little or no value from his ruck taps, clearance work and ball use. Grundy's marking remains his biggest weakness which he'll need to work on, especially when he plays as a forward.

Brayden Maynard (29 disposals @ 72%, 612 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 22 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 19 kicks, 10 handballs, 4 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 2 Inside 50s & 10 Rebound 50s) had a game he would like to forget in a bit of a hurry. Maynard made simple skill errors which prevented the team from being able to generate transition into attack, which is normally Maynard's forte. 11 turnovers is not an acceptable number of errors I want to read from Maynard going forward. Being forced to play as a key defender on Lance Franklin may not have helped him either.

Chris Mayne (24 disposals @ 88%, 232 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 13 handballs, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 2 score involvements & 4 Rebound 50s) had a reasonable performance playing behind the ball in defence with his marking and ability to win the ball making him a solid contributor.

Jack Crisp (24 disposals @ 83%, 312 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 4 marks, 8 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) spent most of his time running through the midfield with stints across half-back. Crisp was the only player that was bold enough to take the game on with his running ability making him a viable option which wasn't used very often.

Scott Pendlebury (23 disposals @ 56%, 263 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 12 handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) spent most of his time up forward before being swung into the midfield for much of the last quarter. Pendlebury was not able to find time and space to dispose the ball effectively, but stayed busy in helping the team score.

Jordan De Goey (15 disposals @ 67%, 200 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 7 handballs, 3 marks, 7 score involvements & 2 goals) started the game like a house on fire with 2 early goals, much like his team in totality. Once the Magpies stopped using the ball effectively after quarter time, De Goey could not impact the game meaningfully for Collingwood to be in a position to forge ahead with the win, after the start that was conjured.

Collingwood's next game will be against Port Adelaide on May 23 at the MCG. The Power are a very powerful team that will be very difficult to quell. Impact the contest with intensity and vigour, Woods. Hitting simple targets in general play might also help the Magpies stay in this contest for four quarters. Next weekend will answer all of those permutations.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:13 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
The sad truth is the Buckleyphiliacs will say anything they think will help keep their boy in the job. They don't care who they upset. They just can't admit that the decision they vociferously called for and celebrated in 2011 was in fact a complete disaster.

Buckleyphiliacs🤔 Love the word dude😁
Guilty as charged sir. I was rapt that Bucks was anointed and appointed. I was convinced that he would bring success. But by virtue of 5 measly points in 2018, it created a sliding doors moment and the drastic consequences. I knew that it would take a bit of time to recover, reboot and reset but not this long. Now feel helpless, apathetic and hopeless. My passion and love for Collingwood will always be there but the excitement has wained and the reality that we will struggle for a few years has set in. So be it, such is life as a maggie fan. Life’s a bitch and then you die😥
BTW the anti Buckley brigade don’t care who they upset either, works both ways dude. Can’t criticise someone for being honest. And I believe that offence is taken, not given. It’s a choice one takes.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:21 pm

JC Hartley wrote:
Interstate trips in footy are always challenging at the best of times, let alone the worst of times. Collingwood made a fruitful start at the SCG against Sydney leading by 3 goals, before the Swans consigned the Magpies to another painful loss by 30 points (5 goals). For a period of time, Collingwood put pace on the game with continual ball movement allowing forwards to either mark or draw free kicks to have shots at goal. After that, Sydney made the adjustments where the Woods could not muster any magic with the footy in their hands. The Swans ensured the Magpies did not have any forwards leading at the ball carrier, and forced Collingwood's forwards to compete aerially in packs, where Sydney's defenders were quicker at reading the ball in-flight to take intercept marks or halve contests. The ball use in general play from the Magpies was inexplicably awful and atrocious with simple hit-ups by foot or hand missing regular targets coming out of defence, through the midfield, and across half-forward. The frequency of the amount of simple skill errors that Collingwood made on the day has dictated where the Pies have been for much of the 2021 season to this point in time. Desperate times do call for desperate measures. However, the Magpies will not be able to make decisions quickly on the profile of their list until the conclusion of the season, with the exception of week-to-week selections of the teams which will always evolve as we've always known.

wow, this is awesome, i have to say the percentages for Sidey, Pendles, WHE, Grundy and DeGoey, our most senior players and on the biggest coin, are absolutely gobsmackingly bad. i had no idea. i want to go change my votes. thats no where near good enough.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:37 pm

Lazza wrote:

Buckleyphiliacs🤔 Love the word dude😁
Guilty as charged sir. I was rapt that Bucks was anointed and appointed. I was convinced that he would bring success. But by virtue of 5 measly points in 2018, it created a sliding doors moment and the drastic consequences. I knew that it would take a bit of time to recover, reboot and reset but not this long. Now feel helpless, apathetic and hopeless. My passion and love for Collingwood will always be there but the excitement has wained and the reality that we will struggle for a few years has set in. So be it, such is life as a maggie fan. Life’s a bitch and then you die😥
BTW the anti Buckley brigade don’t care who they upset either, works both ways dude. Can’t criticise someone for being honest. And I believe that offence is taken, not given. It’s a choice one takes.

A really honest, open post Lazza. Greatly admire your courage in declaring yourself a Buckleyphiliac! Very Happy
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:42 pm

^^ Many thanks JC for your clear headed analysis of the game and particular players.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:56 pm

JC Hartley wrote:

The only categories that Collingwood won were from hit-outs by +12 (34 - 22), clearances were won by +12 ( 40 - 28 ), with centre clearances up by +5 (10 - 5), and +7 for stoppage clearances (30 - 23). Sydney won every other major category on the day. They won disposals by +32 (402 - 370), kicks were up by +29 (218 - 189), while handballs had a margin of +3 (84 - 81). Contested possessions were won by +4 (153 - 149), with uncontested possessions won by +33 (243 - 210), while intercept possessions had a gap of +7 (83 - 76). Uncontested marks were in Sydney's favour by +16 ( 74 - 58 ), with Contested Marks won by +10 (21 - 11), and +8 for Marks Inside 50 (12 - 4). Tackles were up by +13 (82 - 69), while Tackles Inside 50 were extraordinarily high with a differential of +18 (29 - 11), while the Swans had weight of supply of forward entries with a margin of +13 for Inside 50s (58 - 45).

Josh Daicos (28 disposals @ 64%, 182 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 17 handballs, 5 tackles, 2 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 centre clearances & 2 Inside 50s) continued his form with his ball-winning ability being prominent without being potent. Daicos is putting himself into a phone box a bit too much with the amount of handballs he is distributing, while he has not given himself time and space to kick the ball aggressively and effectively to the team's advantage. Find time and space to kick the ball well, Josh. With you as my main man (favourite player), I want you to rediscover your capabilities soon.

Steele Sidebottom (25 disposals @ 68%, 326 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 13 kicks, 12 handballs, 2 marks, 6 tackles, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 3 Inside 50s) was solid without being exemplary. Sidebottom was one of the chief culprits with his skill errors through the midfield, although he was relatively tidy as the game went longer. A mixed bag of lollies for Steele, which has occurred quite a lot this season where he has won the ball, but has not been exquisite with his skill execution compared to yesteryear.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (23 disposals @ 65%, 415 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 9 handballs, 10 marks, 4 tackles, 4 score involvements, 5 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50s, 2 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) played his best game of the season by an absolute mile. Hoskin-Elliott thrived on the wing to be the conduit between half-back and half-forward to take marks, and continued to provide territory where very few of his teammates could manage on a day where everything dried up.

Brodie Grundy (17 disposals @ 59%, 165 metres gained, 14 contested possessions, 3 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 27 hit-outs, 8 kicks, 9 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 6 clearances, 5 stoppage clearances, 5 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) competed fairly well throughout the game, but did not tear the match apart. Got little or no value from his ruck taps, clearance work and ball use. Grundy's marking remains his biggest weakness which he'll need to work on, especially when he plays as a forward.

Brayden Maynard (29 disposals @ 72%, 612 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 22 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 19 kicks, 10 handballs, 4 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 2 Inside 50s & 10 Rebound 50s) had a game he would like to forget in a bit of a hurry. Maynard made simple skill errors which prevented the team from being able to generate transition into attack, which is normally Maynard's forte. 11 turnovers is not an acceptable number of errors I want to read from Maynard going forward. Being forced to play as a key defender on Lance Franklin may not have helped him either.

Chris Mayne (24 disposals @ 88%, 232 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 13 handballs, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 2 score involvements & 4 Rebound 50s) had a reasonable performance playing behind the ball in defence with his marking and ability to win the ball making him a solid contributor.

Jack Crisp (24 disposals @ 83%, 312 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 4 marks, 8 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) spent most of his time running through the midfield with stints across half-back. Crisp was the only player that was bold enough to take the game on with his running ability making him a viable option which wasn't used very often.

Scott Pendlebury (23 disposals @ 56%, 263 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 12 handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) spent most of his time up forward before being swung into the midfield for much of the last quarter. Pendlebury was not able to find time and space to dispose the ball effectively, but stayed busy in helping the team score.

Jordan De Goey (15 disposals @ 67%, 200 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 7 handballs, 3 marks, 7 score involvements & 2 goals) started the game like a house on fire with 2 early goals, much like his team in totality. Once the Magpies stopped using the ball effectively after quarter time, De Goey could not impact the game meaningfully for Collingwood to be in a position to forge ahead with the win, after the start that was conjured.

Collingwood's next game will be against Port Adelaide on May 23 at the MCG. The Power are a very powerful team that will be very difficult to quell. Impact the contest with intensity and vigour, Woods. Hitting simple targets in general play might also help the Magpies stay in this contest for four quarters. Next weekend will answer all of those permutations.

Thank you JCHartley. I really enjoy reading ur post match analysis although I think stats mask Grundy’s lack of effectiveness. He plays bruise free football and simply is a poor mark for a Ruckman. Pendles and Sidebottom are being exposed currently and sadly we don’t have much to fill the void.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 1:22 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Thank you JCHartley. I really enjoy reading ur post match analysis although I think stats mask Grundy’s lack of effectiveness. He plays bruise free football and simply is a poor mark for a Ruckman. Pendles and Sidebottom are being exposed currently and sadly we don’t have much to fill the void.

Yep, Cameron is marking more effectively at present. Others have picked this up too, but it's also frustrating to see Grundy not attempting to defend and punch the ball away when he doesn't have the best chance at marking.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 1:33 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
A really honest, open post Lazza. Greatly admire your courage in declaring yourself a Buckleyphiliac! Very Happy

Cheers mate🤙🏾 It is what it is. Must be the air in Bendigo because my magpie supporting son and daughter (both in their early 20’s) are also Buckley fans and think he deserves an injury free season to coach Collingwood without having to plug holes all the time. So I guess the club will thrash out these issues and arrive at a decision that is best for Collingwood.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Lazza wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Cheers mate🤙🏾 It is what it is. Must be the air in Bendigo because my magpie supporting son and daughter (both in their early 20’s) are also Buckley fans and think he deserves an injury free season to coach Collingwood without having to plug holes all the time. So I guess the club will thrash out these issues and arrive at a decision that is best for Collingwood.

Not a problem at all Lazza. Smile. It's so much harder in the current climate for someone to declare that are not anti-Bucks, or even to suggest that a little calm might help create a better outcome for all..... eventually! Smile

I just wish the club would come out and clarify what their process is, but they are so inert as far as that goes.

Also, the country air has a lot going for it, I agree!!
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:01 pm

Grundy has never ever been a good mark, so it’s not going to come at this stage of his career. Going forward for the rest of the year, the interest will be what the younger players are showing, and avoiding the temptation to believe that they will come good just because they are young. I could almost recommend that Ollie Henry doesn’t play again this year at any level, and spends a year in the gym. Atm, he is a boy playing against men.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
OK, I get it, most here blame Bucks. That's fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree...

Callum Brown is categorically a liability. Josh Thomas has done sfa since 2018

Who exactly do you think is picking JT EVERY WEEK and CB EVERY OTHER WEEK?? Wrighty? Walshy? Eddie? Korda? Sando? Banger? Dekka? Ned Guy? Matt Rowell??

RudeBoy wrote:
(Oliver Henry) Until he develops a man's body and grows some cahunas, he should not be picked in the seniors

Again, who do you think is picking him, his mum??

Growing "cahunas" (not a real word in any language) is your answer for everyone EXCEPT our coach

I don't doubt your passion but your Buckley apologism is getting mighty tedious frankly

Tedious? I simply have a different opinion to yours and, it would seem, most people on Nicks. Being in the minority is not a problem for me and it should not be a problem for you. Having different opinions is a natural thing. At the end of the day, however, we are all Collingwood supporters and we all want the best for our club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18   

Jump to: