Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Josh Thomas is not our worst player and did some good things today as he does most weeks. He’s pressure efforts are usually very good.

The Browns however are just not good enough it seems.

Our backline is missing Roughead, Howe and Murphy. Our team is missing those three as well as Adams and Elliott, (not to mention Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips)

Pendles and Sidebottom aren’t the players they were.

Grundy is not the player he showed potential to be and is simply ineffective these days. He lacks presence.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:36 pm

can someone head down to the club next week and teach the players how to catch a football?
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:36 pm

Maybe we are the third worst team behind Hawthorn and North.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:37 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Well that was fairly predictable, went exactly how I said it would except we did 1 goal better.

Look to be honest I don't know what the club should do as of right this minute but they should make a call towards the clubs future position and be done with it. If Nathan mean's what he says, he'll play youth and steady the ship till the end of the year for the next Captain of the ship to step in and take his place.

This would probably be the best move I reckon Wolf.
Perhaps the club just needs a little more time to suss out who the next captain of the ship could be.

Of course Wolf. I imagine that's what's

My answer is in the Buckley thread. If not Clarkson we need to seriously start looking at who actually will fit our 'needs' at least medium long term.

Of course Wolf . I imagine that's what's happening behind the scenes. I doubt very much that the foot manager is sitting on his hands.
We just have to be patient. Coaches to fit our needs do not grow on trees or are ripe to be plucked.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:38 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
piedys wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Good to see how much a loss hurts them as they laugh and joke after the game

Inspiring stuff

Setting that aside, worst Collingwood team I've seen in my life....

It's hopeless right now, absolutely hopeless

Yeah, I said as much after the GCS loss at MCG.
Dump the numpty monday, and have Chocko Williams caretake for 2021

He said he'd do whats right for Collingwood, and everyone can see what that is.....

Not defending Bucks, but don't know how this can be said with absolute conviction by people who are just observers and not within the four walls of the club. G Wright in particular is probably the only who is across the options of how to go forward.

Dude, he's been there for a decade, the best thing for Collingwood is fresh ideas and fresh messaging

if you are 10 years in and this is what you are serving up, it's obvious what's best for the club

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:39 pm

North's about to beat Hawthorn.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:40 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Maybe we are the third worst team behind Hawthorn and North.

Stay tuned; we'll have our answer by late August methinks...

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:41 pm

This is the team we have, so all the young guys will get a chance to show what they can do. At this stage, none of the young ones are showing a lot, certainly no one is doing a Ricky barham in their first game.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:
^ Josh Thomas is not our worst player and did some good things today as he does most weeks. He’s pressure efforts are usually very good.

The Browns however are just not good enough it seems.

Our backline is missing Roughead, Howe and Murphy. Our team is missing those three as well as Adams and Elliott, (not to mention Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips)

Pendles and Sidebottom aren’t the players they were.

Grundy is not the player he showed potential to be and is simply ineffective these days. He lacks presence.

Slight cOrrection: For someone who’s been in the system for such a long time JT is far and away our worst player by a country mile - he can’t take a contested mark to save his life and is always a half second too late in support and defence. His attempts to tackle are humorous and entertaining at best. The Browns probably have the worst case of stage fright ever and look overawed every time they play...they just need to settle and trust in themselves more....but time is definitely running out

Murphy’s only just played a couple of games so we can’t really miss what we never really had.

Grundy is doing the same things he’s always done it’s just that other teams have figured him out and rendered those things useless - spends far too much time trying to be a midfielder instead of a ruckman.

For those of you calling for Buckley’s head (and I’m not overly a Bux defender) how good did we look in the opening 20 mins or so....surely not his fault certain players can’t mark, kick, tackle, run, or do anything effectual.

Johnno75 

Didn’t see any of the game due to kids basketball but looking at 1.10 for 3 qtrs doesn’t look like I missed much.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Jezza wrote:

North DID beat Hawthorn. Coaching is easy when you have the cattle, just ask Clarko.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:49 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
piedys wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Good to see how much a loss hurts them as they laugh and joke after the game

Inspiring stuff

Setting that aside, worst Collingwood team I've seen in my life....

It's hopeless right now, absolutely hopeless

Yeah, I said as much after the GCS loss at MCG.
Dump the numpty monday, and have Chocko Williams caretake for 2021

He said he'd do whats right for Collingwood, and everyone can see what that is.....

Not defending Bucks, but don't know how this can be said with absolute conviction by people who are just observers and not within the four walls of the club. G Wright in particular is probably the only who is across the options of how to go forward.

Dude, he's been there for a decade, the best thing for Collingwood is fresh ideas and fresh messaging

if you are 10 years in and this is what you are serving up, it's obvious what's best for the club

You still haven't caught up with the reality of what's available within our playing squad. Yes, fresh ideas and messaging could well help, I agree. However, the reality is , that our "cattle" are below par atm, (generally speaking with some exceptions) and that will take years to address, even if we had an outright super coach at the helm.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:49 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Collingwood will NEVER win a game while we have the 2 Browns and Thomas in the same side. We go 3 players down. Tyler Brown’s “Effort” today was pathetic and his brother is quite simply the worst player in the comp. At least Beverige can see a father son potato when they come along, not continually play them. I just shake my head every Thursday when I see J Thomas in the team.

The players mentioned aren't contributing much, that's for sure.
Who would you suggest comes in for them?
Cox would be in. Greenwood would be in. Rusco is better than any of those 3 and he’s not flash. Josh Thomas is our “Small forward” and if I saw the figures correctly, he has kicked 6 goals in his last 45 games. Charlie Cameron is capable of doing that in 45 minutes.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Jezza wrote:

North DID beat Hawthorn. Coaching is easy when you have the cattle, just ask Clarko.

Very, very good point Stui.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:52 pm

The_Staunton wrote:

I've never seen a club dither on the future of the coach the way we have. We endured this crap all year in 2017, before he was renewed and now we're wasting another year distracting ourselves with it again.

The way some of our supporters think, you would think Buckley was in the calibre of Clarkson, Hardwick, Beveridge, Scott or Longmire. He's just a run of the mill average coach who happens to be a playing legend for the club.

The talk of new assistant coaches doesn't cut it for me anymore. Again we changed them up at the end of 2017, and it worked for two years before we regressed and Buckley's mates were retained at the expense of other assistant coaches who were moved on due to football department cuts amidst the fallout of COVID.

Why is the club and some supporters so afraid of changing the senior coach?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18   

Jump to: