Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thebaldfacts wrote:
Maybe we are the third worst team behind Hawthorn and North.

Firming for the wooden spoon. Mind you could work in our favour. If Kennett sacks Clarkson this week we will be forced to strike and sign him immediately.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:59 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
piedys wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Good to see how much a loss hurts them as they laugh and joke after the game

Inspiring stuff

Setting that aside, worst Collingwood team I've seen in my life....

It's hopeless right now, absolutely hopeless

Yeah, I said as much after the GCS loss at MCG.
Dump the numpty monday, and have Chocko Williams caretake for 2021

He said he'd do whats right for Collingwood, and everyone can see what that is.....

Not defending Bucks, but don't know how this can be said with absolute conviction by people who are just observers and not within the four walls of the club. G Wright in particular is probably the only who is across the options of how to go forward.

Dude, he's been there for a decade, the best thing for Collingwood is fresh ideas and fresh messaging

if you are 10 years in and this is what you are serving up, it's obvious what's best for the club

You still haven't caught up with the reality of what's available within our playing squad. Yes, fresh ideas and messaging could well help, I agree. However, the reality is , that our "cattle" are below par atm, (generally speaking with some exceptions) and that will take years to address, even if we had an outright super coach at the helm.

And who's been there for a whole decade nurturing this cattle and coaching every bit of flair, instinct and poise out of anyone we select...

Seriously, you can't tell me after a decade (a decade!) you want this bloke to stay.....

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

One goal and 10 behinds after quarter time is just an indictment. I hate to say this, but I think the Swans were simply too complacent in the first quarter and Longmuir sent a rocket up their collective a**es to wake up. After they woke up, we had no chance.
After quarter time, it did not ever look like we could threaten Sydney, except at the very start of the last quarter when we suddenly decided to move the ball fast and WHE took the mark and goaled.
Apart from that, our overall skills and competitiveness when under AFL like pressure is substandard.
Oliver Henry it seems is not ready to play at AFL level, as I believe Jezza commented. He just gets buffeted out of the way and outmarked.
Brown Bros after quarter time were ineffectual.
Grundy seems to have lost his energy and desire. In this game, it was hard to believe that he was the same player we saw in 2018. What has happened to break his spirit in this way? He is on massive dollars, so he needs to find a way to break out of this psychological state. But two interrelated factors are at play:
no desire to play in a team coached by Bux since the dumping of Treloar, and secondly, he is surrounded by a sea of midfielders who cannot compete at AFL level due to the lack of any effective big mids, and the obvious decline of Pendles and Sidey.
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll. And that's where we are, a long way from the top.
The situation is made even more desperate by the fact that we still have no salary cap space, nor picks, so can't even begin to address the personnel issues (big bodied mids, key forwards) that have now formed like gaping holes in our list.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

mudlark wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Collingwood will NEVER win a game while we have the 2 Browns and Thomas in the same side. We go 3 players down. Tyler Brown’s “Effort” today was pathetic and his brother is quite simply the worst player in the comp. At least Beverige can see a father son potato when they come along, not continually play them. I just shake my head every Thursday when I see J Thomas in the team.

The players mentioned aren't contributing much, that's for sure.
Who would you suggest comes in for them?
Cox would be in. Greenwood would be in. Rusco is better than any of those 3 and he’s not flash. Josh Thomas is our “Small forward” and if I saw the figures correctly, he has kicked 6 goals in his last 45 games. Charlie Cameron is capable of doing that in 45 minutes.

Well, I certainly agree with Coxy (and keep Cameron and Grundy in to share the load and pressure). Rusco is possibly worth another opportunity, as would be Rantall, McCrae and Bianco.
That's all we can do atm. Give everyone a fair opportunity to show/develop their skills.
Playing well is important to the morale of the young players too, which is why an experienced player like Cox could help the confidence of the young ones. It's looking like Greenwood may struggle to get back with his concussion issues?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:03 pm

Last week we won ugly against the bottom placed side in the game. Today and up against better opposition we just plain lost ugly.

It must be so demoralising being a forward or young player in our side because our game plan is so weighted towards minimising the opposition scoring we leave ourselves with limited opportunity to be proactive, play with any flair and score.

We play bland football and while this might limit the damage on the scoreboard and lead to more "respectful" losses for the coach it leads to joyless football for players and fans alike.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

The_Staunton wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
piedys wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Good to see how much a loss hurts them as they laugh and joke after the game

Inspiring stuff

Setting that aside, worst Collingwood team I've seen in my life....

It's hopeless right now, absolutely hopeless

Yeah, I said as much after the GCS loss at MCG.
Dump the numpty monday, and have Chocko Williams caretake for 2021

He said he'd do whats right for Collingwood, and everyone can see what that is.....

Not defending Bucks, but don't know how this can be said with absolute conviction by people who are just observers and not within the four walls of the club. G Wright in particular is probably the only who is across the options of how to go forward.

Dude, he's been there for a decade, the best thing for Collingwood is fresh ideas and fresh messaging

if you are 10 years in and this is what you are serving up, it's obvious what's best for the club

You still haven't caught up with the reality of what's available within our playing squad. Yes, fresh ideas and messaging could well help, I agree. However, the reality is , that our "cattle" are below par atm, (generally speaking with some exceptions) and that will take years to address, even if we had an outright super coach at the helm.

And who's been there for a whole decade nurturing this cattle and coaching every bit of flair, instinct and poise out of anyone we select...

Seriously, you can't tell me after a decade (a decade!) you want this bloke to stay.....

Have I said that??.. Rolling Eyes I'm just making the suggestion that a new coaching panel is just one aspect of the rebuild. Der.
Larabee 

Unfortunately after 50+ years of following the Pies, us old geezers get resigned to losing, especially grand finals. I never expected a win today. Collingwood just don’t have enough players with essential skills. I have no idea what is emphasised at training but kicking and marking practice might be helpful. I suppose if you don’t have the pre-requisite skills, you dont have them. It seems that in this day of selecting athletes and teaching them to play footy, skills come off second best.

Sydney aren’t a great team either but a few of them can kick straight.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:05 pm

About what i expected, up at the Swans shithole. I tipped us too lose pre game, no surprise to me, tho i thought we may have got a few more goals. Might be time to bring back Cox, least he can kick a goal or two. Just play the kids, is all we can do now, keep blooding them, get something out of the season, at least.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:10 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
One goal and 10 behinds after quarter time is just an indictment. I hate to say this, but I think the Swans were simply too complacent in the first quarter and Longmuir sent a rocket up their collective a**es to wake up. After they woke up, we had no chance.

Interesting that you think the Freo coach would be firing rockets up Sydney players

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Said by Zed wrote:

For those of you calling for Buckley’s head (and I’m not overly a Bux defender) how good did we look in the opening 20 mins or so....surely not his fault certain players can’t mark, kick, tackle, run, or do anything effectual.

Really? So you think Bux played absolutely no role in us arriving with the cattle we now have? From the very start of his coaching tenure, Bux began to "refashion the team according to his vision".
Moreover, poor skills did not just arrive this year: that has been a constant theme in Bux' sides.
We looked good in the opening 20 minutes, true. But subsequent events showed that was only when the Swans had not yet woken up and were in their lowest gear.
Bux needs to go as soon as possible. And his assistants, Sando and Harves. They have had a decade to make an impact. The only years that they apparently did (2018, and to a certain extent, 2019) was when Longmuir and Boyd were at the club. Not too hard to figure out who was responsible for the 2018 outlier year in retrospect.

Pep 

Our list is off balanced right now, too many inexperienced players in the team at one time, and our older players needing to carry the team.

Our backline didn’t have many games between them barring maynard and Moore.

We have a lot of outs right now... a lot. But what gets me is the efficiency of our kicking, swans played better than us for 3 qtrs yes, but we lead at half time.

It’s frustrating to see us gift teams wins rather than us having a crack and losing.

Last edited by Pep on Sat May 15, 2021 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:11 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Last week we won ugly against the bottom placed side in the game. Today and up against better opposition we just plain lost ugly.

It must be so demoralising being a forward or young player in our side because our game plan is so weighted towards minimising the opposition scoring we leave ourselves with limited opportunity to be proactive, play with any flair and score.

Demoralising playing anywhere atm swoop42.
I'm not so certain that the game plan, whether too weighted towards defence or not, is the biggest issue. We had quick ball movement in the first quarter on the back of great pressure and hence had the lead. Then Sydney came back at us with the same and we couldn't sustain that sort of play. Just don't have enough mature, seasoned bodies to absorb that and still run with energy.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Interesting that you think the Freo coach would be firing rockets up Sydney players

Lol...you know who i meant surely...just delete the u and add an e at the end and it will be right.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:18 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
North's about to beat Hawthorn.

North DID beat Hawthorn. Coaching is easy when you have the cattle, just ask Clarko.

Very, very good point Stui.

Good players, a good healthy list, make good Coaches, being that way for over 150 yrs. Clarko is finding that out now. I doubt if he could do any better with us at present, our kids need to mature and we really need a KPP or two. Takes time, it is what it is. Keep playing kids, and get a few guys back, theres not much more we can do, until the draft really. We wont win the flag this season, but neither will 16 other teams, thats the reality.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:22 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Clarko is finding that out now. I doubt if he could do any better with us at present,

Then God truly help us. We are doomed then. Even if we win the wooden spoon this year we've traded away our first round draft pick. If it wasn't so serious it would be a joke.

As soccer fans say then we may as well "fold the club".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18   

Jump to: