Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i dont know why anyone would even try to judge him yet, so unfair, hes just a kid, and there is a big difference between afl and the rest of em!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:27 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Henry is fine. He is a skinny little kid who doesn’t have the physique to compete against the big boys in the AFL at the moment. When he does he’ll be a great asset for us because he is the one thing we currently lack, a good contested mark in the forward line who loves kicking a goal.

Correct weight. I can show him how to put some kg’s on 😉

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Anyone see the news? Little ol man in a nursing hone was so upset we lost he walked out and hasn’t been seen since!

Hope he’s alright!

K 

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:22 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote:
Pre-match...

Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote:
Hickey is over 30, at his fourth club, and playing on one leg.

Just saying...

Hickey might be over 30, but he is in great form atm, one leg or two. This however seems largely irrelevant, because even if Grundy dominates (as he most probably will) we seem to gain little advantage as a result. Tomorrow, with our midfield lacking any big bodied mids, I think that Grundy should as thump the ball forward as much as possible.That might give us at least a 50/50 chance of going further forward. When the Swans realise what he is doing they will make adjustments accordingly, and hopefully that will open some other opportunities that can be exploited with smart coaching... Sad

afl.com.au's view, post-match:

"Hickey a hit in battle of the big men

Brodie Grundy has had his own way in the ruck against the Swans in recent times, averaging an incredible 49 hitouts the past four times he’s faced them. But the Magpie met his match in journeyman Tom Hickey, who is in career-best form while playing his first year in red and white. The battle of the big men was relatively even in the hitouts; Grundy with 26 and Hickey 19. But the Swans’ resurgent ruckman arguably had the better of his Magpie rival around the ground and in the contests with more disposals (19-17), contested disposals (16-14) and clearances (8-6)."

....well I did say, Hickey is in great form atm....

Yeah, you did. They all seem to play better against Collingwood, don't they? Wink
K 

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:46 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Ned Guy should take the walk of shame. Such a pathetic effort without any intelligence or aptitude. Shocking waste of space 🤬

I think Guy is copping far too much blame: his boss was the Football Manager Walsh. He resigns & he seems to get off blame free. Under his watch the pies have a stuffed list, overpaid players on long term leases and a poor position with respect to the 2021 draft.

Gleeson claimed the Board put "strong pressure" on him to get Beams back and keep Grundy. Damning if true.
K 

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:49 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
... A third of Grundy's hitouts went to advantage ...

Shocked Shocked Shocked

It's gobsmacking anyone would be boasting about that. A third?? That's putrid. Wonder whether anyone would boast if a mid had a disposal efficiency of 33%.

The average is not great either: HO to advantage about 55%. That's getting to be like a coin toss.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 2:37 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Callum Brown is categorically a liability. Josh Thomas has done sfa since 2018

Who exactly do you think is picking JT EVERY WEEK and CB EVERY OTHER WEEK?? Wrighty? Walshy? Eddie? Korda? Sando? Banger? Dekka? Ned Guy? Matt Rowell??

I simply have a different opinion to yours and, it would seem, most people on Nicks. Being in the minority is not a problem for me and it should not be a problem for you

I don't have any problem with you having a different opinion and I doubt anyone else does - but nice try playing the 'minority' card.

You didn't answer my question: who is ultimately responsible for picking the players you say shouldn't be getting a game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18   

Jump to: