Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped by Port. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What's worse? Losing by 1 point, giving up a lead, missing chance to seal the game or getting flogged from start to finish and knowing your fate? I'm not sure.

No reason to have lost that game but again we find a way to lose. Too many still go missing when you need them to stand up. Thomas, Brown x 2, even Daicos went AWOL. DeGoey was dreadfull all day, didn't fire a shot, he was the worst by far, just a pretender now, doesn't GAF. I'm gutted by that result, every week watching us bleed out slowly after jumping the gun is getting too much.

We do not know how to win and that is something that can take a very long time to figure out.

MONCO: Your life.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Collingwood 8.10.58
Port Adelaide 8.11.59

Goals: McCreery 3, Grundy 2, Poulter, Daics, Cameron 1,

Disposals: Mayne 18, Grundy 16, IQ 15, Crisp, Noble 14, Poulter 13, Roughy, H-E, Moore, Sidey, Daics, Adams 12, Pendles 11, JT 9, Wilson, Callum 8, Tyler 6.

Tackles: Crisp, Daics 4.

AF Points: Mayne 92, Grundy 91, Roughy 76, Crisp 66,

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:58 pm

the shackles need to lifted this defensive crap is killing the CLUB we playing insomnia footy putting ppl to bed
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Pathetic losers...

AFLW could've performed better than that mob!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
DT 

Monco Matt wrote:
What's worse? Losing by 1 point, giving up a lead, missing chance to seal the game or getting flogged from start to finish and knowing your fate? I'm not sure.

No reason to have lost that game but again we find a way to lose. Too many still go missing when you need them to stand up. Thomas, Brown x 2, even Daicos went AWOL. DeGoey was dreadfull all day, didn't fire a shot, he was the worst by far, just a pretender now, doesn't GAF. I'm gutted by that result, every week watching us bleed out slowly after jumping the gun is getting too much.

We do not know how to win and that is something that can take a very long time to figure out.

I agree to an extent on De Goey but Wayne Carey and Tony Lockett would struggle in our forward line. In fairness I saw him dropping back into defence to help out. We won’t see the best of JDG until we have a coach who has a method that provides opportunities for forwards

Greening gold 

Time for some hard talk. Sidebottom has passed his best - did nothing constructive all day and not reliable enough any more. Brown Brothers should give up footy and concentrate on their wine business - father was a champion - they are at VFL standard. How come Mihocek gets mark of the year one week and drops chest marks? Where was de Goey today?
Why are the mids so afraid to kick to their forwards? Why don't the forwards lead into space?
Thank heavens Roughead and Adams were back - it was only them and Quaynor and Noble kept us in it.
Do we have a decision-making coach? If not, get one.
Must be a lot of opposition teams watching Grundy in the ruck because they can all read him better than our mids. And when he hits it to the chest of Pendlebury and Sidebottom, they fumble it or it bounces off them.
I am watching a team that is playing without confidence in its forwards, and probably deservedly so.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:00 pm

I thought McCreery and Poulter were both very good.Trying to find some positives here.
Boot 

doriswilgus wrote:
Please no more of the Brown brothers,especially Callum.I’m so sick of seeing players who can’t kick over a jam tin.It’s soul destroying to have players who kill your momentum like that.

Callum Brown cost us that game as much as John Nobel's brain fart to go across goal with a miss-kick. How a footballer can get to the top level without the ability to kick 25 meters or kick straight is beyond me. I've been a fan of Callum because of his heart and desperation, and of course because of his heritage, but the team just can't afford to have a player who can't kick it over 30 meters. Hard decisions are a plenty at Collingwood but I fear one needs to be made on Callum Brown and move him on to other opportunities at the end of this year. It just can't be tolerated to blow opportunities like that. Such a pity that he fails in the most important skill in the game of being able to kick the ball as he can find it and can contest with the best of them on the ground.

Boot 

doriswilgus wrote:
Please no more of the Brown brothers,especially Callum.I’m so sick of seeing players who can’t kick over a jam tin.It’s soul destroying to have players who kill your momentum like that.

Callum Brown cost us that game as much as John Nobel's brain fart to go across goal with a miss-kick. How a footballer can get to the top level without the ability to kick 25 meters or kick straight is beyond me. I've been a fan of Callum because of his heart and desperation, and of course because of his heritage, but the team just can't afford to have a player who can't kick it over 30 meters. Hard decisions are a plenty at Collingwood but I fear one needs to be made on Callum Brown and move him on to other opportunities at the end of this year. It just can't be tolerated to blow opportunities like that. Such a pity that he fails in the most important skill in the game of being able to kick the ball as he can find it and can contest with the best of them on the ground.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Monco Matt wrote:

Even Pendles had costly turnovers today and the team cannot afford that.
Yes, MM it was gut-wrenching. Crying or Very sad
Gerry Cooper 

Well that was mediocre. The game was ours to win but Port went up half a gear and took it. Predictably enough.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:03 pm

T Brown persist
Poulter is a beauty
McCreery is a keeper
Quaynor played one of his better games
C Brown should have played his last game, surley now
DeGoey needs to go in the middle more often
Pendlebury has been missing targets for longer than we all think
Adams has galvanised us
Cameron needs to play every game, he will be better
Wilson will be a player
WHE is getting better
Sidebottom is still needed
J Thomas is an average AFL player but we still dont have too many other options.

Bring on the mid season draft!!

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:05 pm

Why was Mason Cox dropped? He would have taken Alir today and given the other forwards some space. Really crappy decision by match committee. And how is it that other clubs can find smart, skillful, quick and daring indigenous players like Cameron, Rioli, Pickett and the rest and we have not one.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:06 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Our boys never gave up, which was inspiring. Second one point loss for the season.(:
Looking forward, it was a real positive that half our goals were kicked by players under 10 games. Well done McCreery and Poulter.

This

The team never quit

I thought we were going to be smashed

Callum should have kicked that

De Goey needs to work harder or smarter

The backward kicking cost us the game so over that crap

That said WHE was better noble brilliant Q and roughy great game Grundy earned his money lovin Beau and paulter great future

No negs from me tonight, I’m disappointed but I still took 600 shots! Cheers Go Pies and I’ll dare to believe that we just might not looked foolish next week

duke750 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:07 pm
Post subject: Some players are not up to itReply with quote

It is hard to start a game with only 19 players. Regardless of the ability of the new kids, neither Brown or Thomas is up to AFL standard. How do they get a game each week.

We also need a coach who preaches attack rather than defend at all coats.

We need a key forward, someone who can take a pack mark.

Nathan does not seem to value key forwards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17   

Jump to: