Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped by Port. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Fair dinkum reading some of the posts, it feels like we lost by 100 points 🙄

i agree!!!!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:34 pm

It stands out with Poulter and McCreery the fact they played a whole season of competition footy in 2020 has got them cherry ripe as opposed to our young VFL boys who played scratch match footy last year
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:37 pm

BazBoy wrote:
It stands out with Poulter and McCreery the fact they played a whole season of competition footy in 2020 has got them cherry ripe as opposed to our young VFL boys who played scratch match footy last year

And McCreery is a year or two older than our other draftees. He already has a man's body. I'm hoping that once he has done another pre-season of weights, Henry will return next season a much better, and physically more equipped, player.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:30 pm

think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Terribly frustrating to lose a game we should have won.

However, it is wrong to point the finger at our short kick possession style game plan. The truth is, that's what put us in a winning position. We frustrated Port all day. Had we played continuous play on direct football, as many here seem to have wanted, we would have been thrashed. We would have easily lost a shoot out type game. Our plan was clearly to strangle Port, by denying them possession.

We lost because we lack a strong bodied power forward and because we played (again) Callum Brown. The kid tries his damndest, but he simply lacks the requisite skills to play AFL. It's a simple scenario - he kicks a goal from 20 metres directly in front, we win. He didn't. Furthermore, I knew he wouldn't, because he can't kick.

Overall, we should all be very pleased with our team. Our newbies, in Poulter and McCreery are already beauties, and I was rather impressed with Wilson as well. Adams played like our captain in waiting. Father time is fast catching up with Pendles and especially Sidey.

As long as we keep playing with the same endeavour and show faith in a couple more youngsters, from Murphy, Bianco , Kelly and Macrae, we should set our team up for a much better season next year.

Absolutely spot on I reckon RB - all of it Smile

i second that

I third that.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

However, it is wrong to point the finger at our short kick possession style game plan. The truth is, that's what put us in a winning position. We frustrated Port all day. Had we played continuous play on direct football, as many here seem to have wanted, we would have been thrashed. We would have easily lost a shoot out type game. Our plan was clearly to strangle Port, by denying them possession.

We lost because we lack a strong bodied power forward and because we played (again) Callum Brown. The kid tries his damndest, but he simply lacks the requisite skills to play AFL. It's a simple scenario - he kicks a goal from 20 metres directly in front, we win. He didn't. Furthermore, I knew he wouldn't, because he can't kick.

Overall, we should all be very pleased with our team. Our newbies, in Poulter and McCreery are already beauties, and I was rather impressed with Wilson as well. Adams played like our captain in waiting. Father time is fast catching up with Pendles and especially Sidey.

As long as we keep playing with the same endeavour and show faith in a couple more youngsters, from Murphy, Bianco , Kelly and Macrae, we should set our team up for a much better season next year.

So you happy playing that Garbage Gameplan/style?

Good side will Flog us doing that and we never score enough to win

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:17 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

So you happy playing that Garbage Gameplan/style?

Good side will Flog us doing that and we never score enough to win

Dave, we all need to remember that one of the qualities that make a team good, is their ability to slow down the ball movement of the opposition.
It’s like we forget there’s an opposition out there when we critique Collingwood.
As RB said, we looked alright early cause Port let us off the chain. Then they switched things up and reeled us in. Why would we change to much when we’re still leading at three quarter time against better opposition.
We still fought back after we lost the lead but ultimately fell short by a point.
For a crap list, rubbish recruiters, and no decent coach or assistants, I reckon that’s a reasonable effort.
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:28 pm

You’d think with the way some comment on here, along with the media scrutiny Collingwood has faced, we’ve been belted every game.

As disappointing as we’ve been, our biggest losing margin to date has only been 30 points.

I know a few teams above us who have been belted by plenty more.

Magpies035 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Whether it’s 1 point or 100 points

We still lost

Gamestyle is the problem

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:36 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Cam wrote:
All of the people saying Callum is the 'worst' of anything have the memories of seagulls, I say that respectfully rather than saying 'you can't have only been watching AFL for a short time", which I know ain't true either.

Sure the kid doesn't look up to true AFL standard, and his missed goals hurt, but the hyberbole is a bit much. He cracks in week in week out, and his best is a long way from his worst, which is telling, and separates to good players from the strugglers.

I've seen WAY worse kicks over the journey, and WAY worse players [and so have you if you are honest] so let's just keep A LITTLE perspective and stop the screaming hysterics eh? Drop him by all means, but sheesh.

Come on Cam. He may "Crack in",but he continually gets caught with the ball.He has no footy smarts and has no idea how to keep the flow of the game going.Continually looks backward rather than looking to see "How cn I get the ball to someone forward"? Can't kick over a jam jar and his decision making was on full show in the final qtr, where he could have TWICE won the game for us, first,missing a soda of a set shot from 25mtrs and then gathering the ball 35 mtrs out running into an open goal, no pressure and the SHORT passes to Miochec with 2 gorillas hanging off him.No idea and shouldn't be in the team and should be delisted along with Josh Thomas.

In fairness to Cam, he says at the end of his post “ by all means, drop him “
F W I W , I have a similar attitude to Cam on this. It’s like Brown is being blamed because the club picked him to play. I guarantee he knows he’s got flaws but he turns up and does his best. It’s actually not his fault if his best doesn’t meet people’s expectations. That’s sport, there’s the best players and then there’s the rest. I’ve coached juniors and been around junior footy clubs for many years, so I’m thankful that I have a healthy respect for anyone who goes out there and cops the knocks, the bumps and the knees in the back for the greater good.
To be honest, I think it’s more important to be a class act than a class footballer. Some of the rants are genuinely over the top and they say more about the poster than the player but as they say, that’s just my humble opinion.

I think what we are talking about here is a good VFL player who was never going to be an AFL player & and got a gig because his old man was a star. It’s a brutal game & he is not going to make it.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Well sure we lost but I saw more the fight in the dog than the dog in fight yesterday
Encouraging

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:50 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
You’d think with the way some comment on here, along with the media scrutiny Collingwood has faced, we’ve been belted every game.

As disappointing as we’ve been, our biggest losing margin to date has only been 30 points.

I know a few teams above us who have been belted by plenty more.

I see the small margins as actually part of the wider issue, as it comes at the cost of a completely disfunctional forward line and an excruciatingly poor game plan. It was highly predictable that Collingwood were going to lose in the 2nd quarter once they started possessing the ball with 15 metre sideways kicks and refused to try and take the game on. That resulted in a low score for Port Adelaide. And a marginally lower score for Collingwood. Does anyone ask, what would the point of us winning like that been? Young players second guessing themselves kicking 10 metered sideways, just programmed to save the career of a failed coach. It’s not a future for this club. I would rather us kick 15 goals and go down by 40 points playing an attacking brand.
joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:51 pm

His kicking aside, Callum's major flaw is that he has no composure. He panics when has the ball in hand and seeks to quickly hand pass it off to anyone, mostly to players under the pump. This is why I do not believe he would make a good centreman as some believe.
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:57 pm

How many people were not tense in the last quarter like u normally would be in a close game because u knew we would lose? I've never been so relaxed in a nail biter.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:08 pm

Lazza wrote:
Fair dinkum reading some of the posts, it feels like we lost by 100 points 🙄

Makes one wonder what the keyboard warriors, most of whom never pulled on a boot in their lives, would think of Brett Ratten, whose team lost by 111 points. least we have not been smashed like that this season so far. But let the glass half empty go on with their childish dummy spit tantrums, oh and hey you keyboard "heroes" dont bother replying to me now, here, im far to mature to join you and your pathetic ilk in your sandbox of pain and woe, im off this thread so wont see any shitpence reply u dream up and drivel on bout to me. Im done. Ciao. ! Smile Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:12 pm

It isn't about about how much we lose by. Just because we lose by 1 point, 30 points or somewhere in between is irrelevent. We are losing games full stop. Collingwood has always been a tough competitive team. We always fight hard, always scrap and scrape, our effort is almost always there. Effort from Collingwood has never been the problem. This is not going to get the job done. We need a player profile overhaul. We have a horribly inbalanced playing list consisting of far too many effort based players and not enough straight up class players. We do not have a full spine and lack 4 or 5 genuine A-grade mids. Remember 2010, Swan, Pendles, Ball, Sidey, Beams, Daisy, Dids...the list of A-graders went on forever. We had 2 x consistent Power Forwards in Cloke and Dawes and 2 x Key Defenders in Reid and Brown and a gun Ruck in Jolly (what a spine!!) with a full set of support cast all with various heights, weights, skills, running power, we had a perfectly balanced side back then, no surprise we won a flag. Our team right now is a dog's breakfast and it is missing a lot of vitamins and minerals. Until we overhaul the list we will lose a lot of games with just effort.

MONCO: Your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17   

Jump to: