Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped by Port. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No player with more than 18 disposals.

No player with more than 92 AF points.

No player with more than 4 tackles.

Weird. Reads like we were thrashed.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:08 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Please no more of the Brown brothers,especially Callum.I’m so sick of seeing players who can’t kick over a jam tin.It’s soul destroying to have players who kill your momentum like that.

Or Josh Thomas.They had a goer sitting on the bench as the sub and I thought my hopes were answered when Thomas went down and I thought he's come on. Miochec dropped the game with a minute to go.HTF does a player everyone raves about, drop a mark like that when the game was there to take back?? Just to reiterate.We will NEVER win a game of AFL football with the 2 Browns and Thomas in the same team.We were basically 3 players down.They don't have the footy smarts and I just fail to see how Buckley doesn't see the same. Brown should have kicked 3 today but he is such a poor player, he missed the footy with a Oz kick style shot at goal in the square in the first qtr. Missed a sitter in the last the cost us the game and generally coughed the ball up every time he got it. Disgraceful effort and it is The WAY THEY"RE COACHED!!!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Greening gold wrote:
Why was Mason Cox dropped? He would have taken Alir today and given the other forwards some space. Really crappy decision by match committee. And how is it that other clubs can find smart, skillful, quick and daring indigenous players like Cameron, Rioli, Pickett and the rest and we have not one.

Completely agree regarding Coxy. He would've at least kept Alir occupied! As you say, then creates space for the other forwards to operate in.
Forward line was so congested, especially with the Brown brothers clogging it up with no benefit. Sad
mattdally 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Last edited by mattdally on Mon May 24, 2021 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:10 pm

Donny wrote:

Port were ripe for the picking. Lots of their best 22 out and away from home. Found a way to lose. Another nail in the Buckley coffin

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:13 pm

mudlark wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Please no more of the Brown brothers,especially Callum.I’m so sick of seeing players who can’t kick over a jam tin.It’s soul destroying to have players who kill your momentum like that.

Or Josh Thomas.They had a goer sitting on the bench as the sub and I thought my hopes were answered when Thomas went down and I thought he's come on. Miochec dropped the game with a minute to go.HTF does a player everyone raves about, drop a mark like that when the game was there to take back?? Just to reiterate.We will NEVER win a game of AFL football with the 2 Browns and Thomas in the same team.We were basically 3 players down!

I said exactly this in the pre-game thread.
I've never ever wished injury to one of our players before, but I admit to hoping JT would have to be benched and Murphy could come on.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

I wanted us to be competitive, and i got that, in spades, had a red hot go, but its heartbreaking to lose by a lousy stinking point, second time against a Finals bound team. Some fans here going off half cocked as if we lost by 111 points, as the Saints did, how would they like a thrashing like that ?? Least we had a dip, against a quality side, and our kids are coming along nicely, Poulter looks a gem.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

Our defenders are made of carbon steel, they fight like honey badgers every week trying to stop the damn wall from breaking. Yes, they get caught out a few times and make a few mistakes but when you are under so much pressure week in week out as they all are what can we expect. Rough, Darcy, IQ, Maynard, Noble, Crisp are the blokes keeping this team from floggings every week.

The midfield I'm afraid to say is just too old and slow to move the football quickly. Pendles, Sidey, Mayne & Adams have no leg speed and can't get up and back fast enough to cover the turnover rebound when the next group of players (mentioned below) fail to do their jobs with any kind of consistency.

All forwards are pathetic one-on-one combatants who constantly lose or draw their contests, never get into good positions, rarely stick tackles (Mcreery excepted) and never pressurise the opposition to turnover (Mcreery excepted). They are killing this football team above all else, do not work hard enough to create space, no leadup drop back and lead up again work being done. DeGoey, Cameron, Mihocek, Daicos, WHE, Browns, Thomas, Sidey and anyone else moving through there just don't create and execute to the required level. We score 8 goals a game usually (nowhere near enough, sometime less), rarely take marks on a lead and never hold the ball in for any period of time.

Backline = Heroes
Midfield = Old men
Forwards = Frauds (except for Mcreery)

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Sun May 23, 2021 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:14 pm

mattdally wrote:
Callum Brown is the worst footballer I have ever seen

And there is a wart on his nose that places him just in front of Josh Thomas.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:14 pm

mattdally wrote:

I still blame his fresh air kick off ground in goal square, in 2019PF, as instigating that loss which cost us a GF gig.

Most of these players will never get another opportunity for the remainder of their careers now; not at this club anyhoo.

KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:16 pm

mattdally wrote:

His sister would get a game over him.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I wanted us to be competitive, and i got that, in spades, had a red hot go, but its heartbreaking to lose by a lousy stinking point, second time against a Finals bound team. Some fans here going off half cocked as if we lost by 111 points, as the Saints did, how would they like a thrashing like that ?? Least we had a dip, against a quality side, and our kids are coming along nicely, Poulter looks a gem.

Yep, it was good to see some determination and vigour. This possibly came with Tay back in the side and Grundy showing more energy than he has for some time. At least those two led from the front and it nearly resulted in an unexpected win.
Crisp into the centre has been a great move. He was herculean in his efforts.
Backline was very impressive, especially Roughie, IQ, Noble.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PyreneesPie wrote:
Greening gold wrote:
Why was Mason Cox dropped? He would have taken Alir today and given the other forwards some space. Really crappy decision by match committee. And how is it that other clubs can find smart, skillful, quick and daring indigenous players like Cameron, Rioli, Pickett and the rest and we have not one.

Completely agree regarding Coxy. He would've at least kept Alir occupied! As you say, then creates space for the other forwards to operate in.
Forward line was so congested, especially with the Brown brothers clogging it up with no benefit. Sad

Cox must come in, i rate him over Cameron, and he does take two defenders, he would have kept Allir very busy today, and Cox can be accurate in front of goals. Sooner Jamie Elliott is back the better too, hes missed bigtime up forward.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

Post subject: Re: Some players are not up to itReply with quote

duke750 wrote:
It is hard to start a game with only 19 players. Regardless of the ability of the new kids, neither Brown or Thomas is up to AFL standard. How do they get a game each week.

We also need a coach who preaches attack rather than defend at all coats.

We need a key forward, someone who can take a pack mark.

Nathan does not seem to value key forwards.

I wish we had a like button here,Great post.
DT 

Donny wrote:

Donny the mod is wrong on AF points - Grundy had 142 Moore 119 Roughead and Crisp 117 Mayne 116 Sidebottom 109 Poulter 108 Adams 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17   

Jump to: