Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped by Port. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
I wanted us to be competitive, and i got that, in spades, had a red hot go, but its heartbreaking to lose by a lousy stinking point, second time against a Finals bound team. Some fans here going off half cocked as if we lost by 111 points, as the Saints did, how would they like a thrashing like that ?? Least we had a dip, against a quality side, and our kids are coming along nicely, Poulter looks a gem.

Was at the game. The defensive negative game Buckley coaches is deplorable. Make no mistake, we will lose so many more than we win with this kick sideways, don’t get hurt on the rebound, negative shit. Take out the forest 10 minutes and really, they controlled the game.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I wanted us to be competitive, and i got that, in spades, had a red hot go, but its heartbreaking to lose by a lousy stinking point, second time against a Finals bound team. Some fans here going off half cocked as if we lost by 111 points, as the Saints did, how would they like a thrashing like that ?? Least we had a dip, against a quality side, and our kids are coming along nicely, Poulter looks a gem.

Going off "Half Cocked" is just utter garbage. We kicked 5 of our goals in 9 minutes of footy. First 3 goals came in the first 7 minutes and our last 2 came in a 2 minute flurry. Another 110 minutes elapsed and we kicked 3. We are coached to play crap like passing sideways, backwards and every other which other than FORWARD. DeGoey took mark early in the last on the wing and McCreery was streaming goanward in the forward line and DeGoey kicked sideways ,we lost the ball and Port scored.Most of ports goals came from our mistakes and just about every team in the league springboard OUT of our forward line and it has been like this for years. If Josh Thomas is the inspiration on keeping the ball in our forward line then I must not be able to see it.This was the same guy who let Daniel Rich get 16 last qtr kicks against the Lions and deliver the final kick that saw us sunk by a point again. I say BOLLOCKS!!!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:24 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Greening gold wrote:
Why was Mason Cox dropped? He would have taken Alir today and given the other forwards some space. Really crappy decision by match committee. And how is it that other clubs can find smart, skillful, quick and daring indigenous players like Cameron, Rioli, Pickett and the rest and we have not one.

Completely agree regarding Coxy. He would've at least kept Alir occupied! As you say, then creates space for the other forwards to operate in.
Forward line was so congested, especially with the Brown brothers clogging it up with no benefit. Sad

Cox must come in, i rate him over Cameron, and he does take two defenders, he would have kept Allir very busy today, and Cox can be accurate in front of goals. Sooner Jamie Elliott is back the better too, hes missed bigtime up forward.

Absolutely Piesnchess. I know Mason can drop marks, but with the addition of McCreery, there's a smaller player who could gobble up the ball from the ground.
Browns and JT out and Bianco, Coxy and Murphy in.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:26 pm

Haff wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Was at the game. The defensive negative game Buckley coaches is deplorable. Make no mistake, we will lose so many more than we win with this kick sideways, don’t get hurt on the rebound, negative shit. Take out the forest 10 minutes and really, they controlled the game.

Whatever, one lousy point is bugger all, Port are a top team, both sides had players out. Howd u like to be a saints fan, what would you say bout a 111 point loss like the saints had ?? Jeez, some fans here whinge like buggery, one point loss tells me we were right in it. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:27 pm

piedys wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Callum Brown is the worst footballer I have ever seen

I still blame his fresh air kick off ground in goal square, in 2019PF, as instigating that loss which cost us a GF gig.

Most of these players will never get another opportunity for the remainder of their careers now; not at this club anyhoo.

He did it again in the first qtr today.Ball fell into his lap in the square and he was clear and missed the ball. He then got the ball later in the game ran into an open goal and from 25 mtrs out, passed to Miochec who had 2 gorillas hanging off him , rather than kick. certain goal..Another easy Port clearance followed.

Last edited by mudlark on Sun May 23, 2021 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:27 pm

F#ck off Buckley with that game style.
I'm not going to another match, nor signing up again as a member if we continue with these muppet coaches.
So we as members don't have voting rights you say? Then get used to 15k crowds at the G. People are already voting with their feet. Even Brereton was tearing his hair out with our negative slow play.
Yeh I'm p#ssed. F#uck off with the corporatisation of our club, with Buckley's corporate-style spin, with outright lying about injuries and the shameless way they try to make you re-sign.
The place needs a clean out from the bottom up, and the rebuild must be true to the club's grass roots identity.
Enough of this bullsh#t.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:28 pm

mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Going off "Half Cocked" is just utter garbage. We kicked 5 of our goals in 9 minutes of footy. First 3 goals came in the first 7 minutes and our last 2 came in a 2 minute flurry. Another 110 minutes elapsed and we kicked 3. We are coached to play crap like passing sideways, backwards and every other which other than FORWARD. DeGoey took mark early in the last on the wing and McCreery was streaming goanward in the forward line and DeGoey kicked sideways ,we lost the ball and Port scored.Most of ports goals came from our mistakes and just about every team in the league springboard OUT of our forward line and it has been like this for years. If Josh Thomas is the inspiration on keeping the ball in our forward line then I must not be able to see it.This was the same guy who let Daniel Rich get 16 last qtr kicks against the Lions and deliver the final kick that saw us sunk by a point again. I say BOLLOCKS!!!

Guess you would rather lose by 111 points as the Saints did hey genius ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:31 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Haff wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Whatever, one lousy point is bugger all, Port are a top team, both sides had players out. Howd u like to be a saints fan, what would you say bout a 111 point loss like the saints had ?? Jeez, some fans here whinge like buggery, one point loss tells me we were right in it. Rolling Eyes

Sentiment was the same at the ground. Walking to the train, in the presidents, in the seat. Buckley kills this team. If we play positive footy we win that game. We won the stats with of a good indicator you’re in the game. Then why did we lose? Can only be the method.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:32 pm

Donny wrote:
Collingwood 8.10.58
Port Adelaide 8.11.59

Goals: McCreery 3, Grundy 2, Poulter, Daics, Cameron 1,

Disposals: Mayne 18, Grundy 16, IQ 15, Crisp, Noble 14, Poulter 13, Roughy, H-E, Moore, Sidey, Daics, Adams 12, Pendles 11, JT 9, Wilson, Callum 8, Tyler 6.

Tackles: Crisp, Daics 4.

AF Points: Mayne 92, Grundy 91, Roughy 76, Crisp 66,

Are those disposal stats right Donnie? Seem incredibly low....
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:33 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Donny wrote:
Collingwood 8.10.58
Port Adelaide 8.11.59

Goals: McCreery 3, Grundy 2, Poulter, Daics, Cameron 1,

Disposals: Mayne 18, Grundy 16, IQ 15, Crisp, Noble 14, Poulter 13, Roughy, H-E, Moore, Sidey, Daics, Adams 12, Pendles 11, JT 9, Wilson, Callum 8, Tyler 6.

Tackles: Crisp, Daics 4.

AF Points: Mayne 92, Grundy 91, Roughy 76, Crisp 66,

Are those disposal stats right Donnie? Seem incredibly low....

Yeah is wrong. Adam’s has 29..

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:33 pm

What utter garbage. The game and port were there for the taking and we fluffed it as we do week in week out and will continue to do while we're still coached by an idiot who thinks that going backwards and sideways is the way forward.

Nathan buckley is responsible for everything that's wrong with this team. Any coach with half a brain would have called his players to take the game on and attack, attack, attack. But not nathan. He says go slow, go back, go sideways and hope that it miraculously ends up in the fwd line. Nothing will change until we dispose of our delusional narcissist coach and his merry yes men. This is their mess.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Glad that Tay made it through the game. I was worried that he'd come back too soon at one stage when he left the ground and went down into the rooms. His ferocity is great to see. Next team captain for sure.
Pies2016 

doriswilgus wrote:
I thought McCreery and Poulter were both very good.Trying to find some positives here.

I would add Wilson onto the pluses. He was much much improved today ( which wasnt a big ask ) Interesting they stuck with him over Keane.
He’s not overly agile but he did most things right for a second gamer.
mudlark 

Piesnchess wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Guess you would rather lose by 111 points as the Saints did hey genius ??

Yeah thats the way.You must be sick of eating sand. Just a win would do and just play football like every other team can. We are poorly coached and the entire coaching staff need to be let go. We've kicked 13goals in 2 full games of football and 12 of them have come in less than 20 minutes of 240 minutes of football.Get your head out of the sand pit and let that sink in for a while and then you can give some thought to our "Small Forwards" in Thomas and Brown and count the goals they've kicked this year. 3 is the answer and that's between them and McCreery has tripled his tally of both of them. I may not be a genius but I seem to be brighter than you it would seem.

Last edited by mudlark on Sun May 23, 2021 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

^ Can'be.

Adams 29
Sidey 27
IQ & Crisp 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17   

Jump to: