Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Cats down Pies . All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

De Goey in the midfield made the difference in the 2nd half. Cameron was valiant in the ruck after Grundy went off. Bianco is the real deal.

The truth is we haven't got a full forward or CHF. It's almost impossible to win a game without them. Mihocek is a great 3rd tall, but not a key forward.

It's a broken record, but ffs how can we keep persevering with Callum Brown? I'm not sure what's been going on, but Daicos has gone off the boil the last few weeks.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:24 pm

Just on Pendlebury people are being too tough. Pendlebury is a midfielder or nothing. He’s having to cover spots he shouldn’t be playing in. Having said that he doesn’t hurt our forward line like others do. He’s super competitive wherever he plays. He’s not the reason we’re in decline. Look no further than the three senior players we gave up last year.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:25 pm

We could say that JDG is NOT a full forward ,but a driving force in the mid field, but we all know that it will never happen ,because Buckley still thinks Tyler Brown would be a better option there. We could say that the commentators could stop calling Pendles a "Rolls Royce" as he is, unfortunately, a broken down beetle who is cooked. Turning into a very slow, liability who is continually being caught. Everyone still think Callum Brown should get a game??? Everyone think Jack Madgen is up to it?? Hands up anyone who thinks we may have won the game if Mason Cox was hanging around in the square??Positives were Bianco ,who hopefully takes Thomas' spot permenantly. JDG MUST!! Play in the midfield permenantly. Cameron will handle the ruck work if Grundy misses with COX as his backup. Now we need a coach who can implement the necessary changes.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Last week we kick two quick late goals when we take the game on to win it.

This week we kick 5 final quarter goals when we take the game on to try and win it.

F the coaching staff.

Expect me to pay money to watch you shackle our team and for us fans to enjoy watching the game of FOOTBALL, not this chess crap you think will save your arse.

I can’t remember ever turning off this many games of Collingwood in my life.

Pie-For-Life 

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:26 pm

I can't believe we only lost that by 10.
qldmagpie67 

The only thing more predictable than our poor performances is
P4S votes in the GB medal
I was going to post at 3/4 time he was already marking Sidey or Grundy down for 5/4 or 4/5
So far his the only poster to give either a vote
Some thing never change
Buckley can’t coach and P4S has no credibility when it comes to voting
David Libra

I dare you to try

We looked really good in the last 10 minutes of the game. As for the rest of it...

Positives: Bianco (obviously), Callum Brown did well (a couple of really good contested marks, Cameron was great in the ruck once Grundy went down, and Sier had his best game for the season since round 2. Just so frustrating that we couldn’t hit the scoreboard. Also felt Sidebottom and Pendlebury looked disinterested at times, and playing Madgen up forward was a pretty crazy call that obviously didn’t work out.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:28 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
"Missed by that much". Maxwell Smart, post-game presser.

Hehe, yep

Lone Ranger wrote:
How much better are we when we take the game on!
But Bucks continues to want the chip, chip, sideways, possession, safer, game plan

Double yep

Delayed the inevitable, no Grundy next week and Gawn was a $�$%^%%$ monster last night, god help us!

In saying that, since I thought we would get totally smashed by my most hated team, I reckon their supporters would be more embarrassed than us!

Strange game!

As for the game day thread, thanks guys, it was a lot of fun! Cheers

Luckily we play Melbourne in two weeks

Oops, I bought parking 3 weeks ahead, I forgot the interstater! Ta

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:28 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Great match by De Goey. He singlehandedly got us back in the game. Great debut by Bianco. He has a very bright future ahead of him. Murphy can play back or forward. Madgen can’t play. Callum Brown is the most frustrating footballer I have ever watched. Sier is the second most frustrating footballer I have ever watched. Message to Buckley is keep playing the kids. Only play Adams if there’s no chance of aggravating his injury. Otherwise put him in mothballs for next year. And don’t play Grundy at all next week if there’s any doubt about his neck. Assuming Cox has recovered play him and Cameron in the ruck together next week. Cameron should get an honorable mention for having to shoulder all the ruck duties in the second half.

Good post!
Yep, Cameron took on the main ruck role really well in the last quarter. He and Cox should cover Grundy's absence.
Bianco has ice on his knee.... hopefully he will be able to play next week as his skills and youthful energy are a big plus.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:29 pm

I actually tipped a four goal loss, against the ageing Cats, so i guess ten points i will take. Our backs continue to be great, its the forwards that we really need to shake up. Bring back Cox for Chrissakes, if fit, and sooner Jamie gets back the better. Least our kids r doing their best, having a go.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:29 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I was going to post at 3/4 time he was already marking Sidey or Grundy down for 5/4 or 4/5
Some thing never change

Can you give it up? We all know you don’t like Sidey.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:30 pm

slangman wrote:
Thankfully we we banned from having to witness that rubbish live.

Why do the coaches think they are any good at playing a game of chess??

One of the worst games of football from both sides (us particularly) showcasing the pathetic influence that coaches have on the game.

Bucks’ pre game plan was deplorable and the players played accordingly.
I seriously think that if the coaches weren’t present during a game that we would play much better.

Bianco and JDG (2nd half) were good.

Brown, Madgen, Mayne were all terrible.

Hopefully don’t have to watch any part of this game again!!!

Alot of truth in your statement that if Bux were not present today, and the players played as they themselves saw they should, then we would have done far better.Bux' "gameplan" was what we saw played out in the first half. Zero goals, and total paralysis of ball movement. In the final quarter, when the players decided that they were just going to take the game on, independently of the buckley/harvey/sando indoctrination, that is when we looked like we can play. This team is being strangled before they even take the field.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:30 pm

slangman wrote:
Thankfully we we banned from having to witness that rubbish live.

Why do the coaches think they are any good at playing a game of chess??

One of the worst games of football from both sides (us particularly) showcasing the pathetic influence that coaches have on the game.

Bucks’ pre game plan was deplorable and the players played accordingly.
I seriously think that if the coaches weren’t present during a game that we would play much better.

Bianco and JDG (2nd half) were good.

Brown, Madgen, Mayne were all terrible.

Hopefully don’t have to watch any part of this game again!!!

Alot of truth in your statement that if Bux were not present today, and the players played as they themselves saw they should, then we would have done far better.Bux' "gameplan" was what we saw played out in the first half. Zero goals, and total paralysis of ball movement. In the final quarter, when the players decided that they were just going to take the game on, independently of the buckley/harvey/sando indoctrination, that is when we looked like we can play. This team is being strangled before they even take the field.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:31 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Some thing never change

Throwing stones in glass houses there a bit, qldmagpie – nobody but me has so far given any votes to Mayne despite him being BOG statistically according to the AFL site. I’d rather posters had favourites than for forum whipping boys to have their great efforts ignored.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:31 pm

Looking at the final score you would think that it was another honourable loss against a flag contender. The reality was another woeful and inept performance in the first half with some redemption in the second half when the game was all over.

JDG in the midfield made a big difference in the second half. Cameron coming along nicely but needs to put on more muscle. Bianco looks a natural and could be the best of our debutants this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24   

Jump to: