Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Cats down Pies . All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
^ straw man????????

It's where you set up and tear down a figure that isn't relevant to the discussion

Like you did with Whatley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

??????? Geez, can you at least get your quoting correct? I never mentioned Whateley.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:14 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
Look at every other team's forward line set up and compare it to ours. Take Geelong - Hawkins and Cameron. Richmond - Riewoldt and Lynch. Now back to ours on Saturday - Mihocek and Madgen

So Madge named himself at FF?

Was clearly licked as a defensive forward, in lieau of injured McCreery

Didn't work

Said by Zed wrote:
How do you expect us to kick a winning score against any decent opposition?

This is the question everyone is asking of Buckley

Said by Zed wrote:
Now if you want to complain why Buckley has allowed us to field a non-competitive forward line this year and strip it of one of the few forwards capable of kicking multiple goals, in Stephenson, last year, that's another story.

Yes, yes we do want to ask that

Said by Zed wrote:
If Buckley can’t coach and is an idiot why then do we move the ball and attack with flair for approx 1.5 quarters and usually (excluding the Cats game) put on quick goals before we get shut down?

A better question would be why don't we do this the rest of the game

Said by Zed wrote:
I’m glad you asked, because usually our bottom 6-8 ranked players are well below our opposition’s and they eventually get exposed. This is footy 101. Identify the opposition’s weaknesses and expose it as soon as practicable.

Could explain why we start well I guess... how does it explain when we finish well e.g Geelong?

Said by Zed wrote:
we’ve had more modicum levels of success more often than several other clubs which have had access to greater talent pools for longer.

No idea what that means... we've won more flags than STK?

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:16 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
^ straw man????????

It's where you set up and tear down a figure that isn't relevant to the discussion

??????? Geez, can you at least get your quoting correct? I never mentioned Whateley.

Can you?

I quoted Lazza

You asked what a strawman is and I replied to you

Post some more question marks why don't you

??????????????????????????????????

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:17 pm

^ Why does 1998 keep attributing comments to the wrong author????
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:22 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
^ straw man????????

Can you?

I quoted Lazza

You asked what a strawman is and I replied to you

Post some more question marks why don't you

??????????????????????????????????

Oh this is is just hilarious!!!!! Laughing Laughing Yes, you addressed an answer to me, to my question, with a "Like you did with Whatley" in your answer. Rolling Eyes
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:27 pm

[quote="PyreneesPie"]
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Oh this is is just hilarious!!!!! Laughing Laughing Yes, you addressed an answer to me, to my question, with a "Like you did with Whatley" in your answer. Rolling Eyes

Yes, I know... I mistakenly thought it was you that raised the strawman after you replied:

strawman?????????????????????????????????????????????

So, I should have said "Like Lazza did with Whatley"

I didn't misquote you

Happy now?

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:31 pm

No, because I only put 8 question marks after " straw man" in my original post, now you're saying I put 34 plus question marks in your post above. Very Happy Wink
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:34 pm

I retract 26 ?s
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:35 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
I retract 26 ?s

Laughing Thumbs up.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:39 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
People need to understand that we could have dunstall, lockett and ablett in our fwd line and it wouldn't make an ounce of difference Why? Because our game plan is not designed with an attacking mindset to kick large winning scores. It's centred around a defensive mindset so we don't get beaten (by too much).

Nathan Buckley has coached out whatever attack, flair and instinct our players ever had. Buckley coaches to save games and in turn save his career. We don't get thrashed because we're ultra defensive. We don't kick goals because we're ultra defensive.

Our game plan is to stop/prop/look side ways/look backwards (and choose one of these options). Our forwards don't bother because by the time we actually get the ball there the forward line is clogged and we turn it over.

We are a boring and ugly team to watch and without a doubt the worst team in the comp. Our brand of football is constipating and will not change under buckley's regime. The bloke has NFI. The sooner people wake up to this fact the sooner we move forward. No amount of top forwards or assistants will change that. We need a new coach with new and fresh ideas (and a genuine understanding for how the modern game is played). Buckley doesn't because he is an idiot and the definition of insanity.

A coach devises his game plan around the players he has available to go out on a football field. If I had my current forward line set up with Madgen at full forward I'd be playing the same keepers off football game style that Buckley is deploying. Look at every other team's forward line set up and compare it to ours. Take Geelong - Hawkins and Cameron. Richmond - Riewoldt and Lynch. Now back to ours on Saturday - Mihocek and Madgen. Whose to you prefer? How do you expect us to kick a winning score against any decent opposition? Now if you want to complain why Buckley has allowed us to field a non-competitive forward line this year and strip it of one of the few forwards capable of kicking multiple goals, in Stephenson, last year, that's another story.

Yep. The other point that seems to be lost amongst our performance against the Cats is that they only conceded 47 and 57 points in their previous two games. It’s not like they’re an easy team to score against.
You don’t get beaten by what you know and you know the cats aren’t going to allow you many shots on goal.
Once you accept you’re the heavy underdog, you have two choices available. Play a territory game or play a possession game in order to mitigate the oppositions time with ball in hand.
Unfortunately we can’t “ take the game on “ right now because we don’t have the talent to execute a chain of three or more pin point disposals at full tilt.
It’s also an extremely taxing game style and not one you want to employ with a bunch of kids in it.
Buckley certainly has a role to play for the list and / or the lack of skills he has at his disposal but he certainly wasn’t at fault with his game style against a very talented opposition. Guarantee if his instruction was to play on at all costs, we would have been blown out of the water and lucky to touch the ball at all in the last quarter.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:42 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
Look at every other team's forward line set up and compare it to ours. Take Geelong - Hawkins and Cameron. Richmond - Riewoldt and Lynch. Now back to ours on Saturday - Mihocek and Madgen

So Madge named himself at FF?

Was clearly licked as a defensive forward, in lieau of injured McCreery

Didn't work

Said by Zed wrote:
How do you expect us to kick a winning score against any decent opposition?

This is the question everyone is asking of Buckley

Said by Zed wrote:
Now if you want to complain why Buckley has allowed us to field a non-competitive forward line this year and strip it of one of the few forwards capable of kicking multiple goals, in Stephenson, last year, that's another story.

Yes, yes we do want to ask that

Said by Zed wrote:
If Buckley can’t coach and is an idiot why then do we move the ball and attack with flair for approx 1.5 quarters and usually (excluding the Cats game) put on quick goals before we get shut down?

A better question would be why don't we do this the rest of the game

Said by Zed wrote:
I’m glad you asked, because usually our bottom 6-8 ranked players are well below our opposition’s and they eventually get exposed. This is footy 101. Identify the opposition’s weaknesses and expose it as soon as practicable.

Could explain why we start well I guess... how does it explain when we finish well e.g Geelong?

Said by Zed wrote:
we’ve had more modicum levels of success more often than several other clubs which have had access to greater talent pools for longer.

No idea what that means... we've won more flags than STK?

Contrary to what I tell the missus I don’t have all the answers nor do I get it right all the time, but I’ll give it a crack for you:

One of the reasons we probably started playing better late in the game against the Cats is Grundy was subbed out (yes, I just spontaneously combusted) and the players followed instructions.

Secondly, I wasn’t talking about flags I was referring to our results in correlation to our situation over the last several years. Even the biggest Buckley hater amongst you would have to agree the poor bugger just hasn’t had a fair crack it through either his design or someone else’s. Maybe he’s destined never to have personal (playing or coaching) success at the Pies and for purely superstitious reasons be moved on - I’d be okay with that but don’t say we’re shit purely because he can’t coach - that’s far too simple a cop out not even suitable for this forum.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:48 pm

I'm not a "Buckley hater" nor have I ever called for him to be sacked

Said by Zed wrote:
One of the reasons we probably started playing better late in the game against the Cats [was because] the players followed instructions.

Ok so you've got nothing

Pies2016 wrote:
The other point that seems to be lost amongst our performance against the Cats is that they only conceded 47 and 57 points in their previous two games. It’s not like they’re an easy team to score against...
Buckley certainly has a role to play for the list and / or the lack of skills he has at his disposal but he certainly wasn’t at fault with his game style against a very talented opposition

We also went defensive against North who are *clearly* the worst team in the league, and let them back in the game after half time

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:17 pm

hehe this is nearly as bad as christmas posting when we lose the grand final!!!

go back take a look at the humour of this weeks game day thread!!

cos boys, this sux!!

on another note, is it just me or are some of the sentences coming from the newbie reminiscent of a previous poster???

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:17 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Summarising the commentary above:
Buckley knows we don't have a forward line.
Buckley assumes we're going to lose.
So he implements a game plan that isn't based on winning but solely upon stopping us getting pumped.
To what end? What is this game plan supposed to achieve?

I'm not having a crack at Buckley. It's a serious question.
What exactly is the goal?

I would suggest he implements a game plan around nullifying an oppositions strengths rather than setting out to kick more than the opposition. We don’t have a forward line, so why bother to entertain a gun fight you know you can’t win. ( we have had two one point losses after 10 rounds, albeit still losses none the less )
You have more chance of coming back and pulling off a ridiculously lucky win being three goals down at three quarter time than being 6 goals down at three quarter time.
I know people want to see us take the game on but once you go down the “ develop the kids “ route, that plan is doomed to fail for two reasons.
1 ) the kids would be absolutely knackered by 3 / 4 time.
2 ) they have no concept of transition or hand overs in their first AFL year because they have just come from anti density rules.
The moment you turn the ball over to a quality opposition, particularly with a young side, you’re effectively giving the opposition a shot on goal.
Letting the kids get a feel for tempo and chipping it around with a low risk possession style is the best thing for them right now and if your season is over, you might as well put as much energy into the next wave, as you would the next week.
If you can’t win today, you might as well at least plan for tomorrow.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:25 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I would suggest he implements a game plan around nullifying an oppositions strengths rather than setting out to kick more than the opposition. We don’t have a forward line, so why bother to entertain a gun fight you know you can’t win

Which forwards from season 2018 are no longer with us?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24   

Jump to: