Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Cats down Pies . All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
hehe this is nearly as bad as christmas posting when we lose the grand final!!!

go back take a look at the humour of this weeks game day thread!!

cos boys, this sux!!

on another note, is it just me or are some of the sentences coming from the newbie reminiscent of a previous poster???

its not just you, old mate has many alias's, you might remember him from:
- crucifying Pendles for not running hard enough when the eagles scored their infamous last goal
- relentlessly pushing the Cunnigton agenda
- Going on about some really weird shit in 2019 as the Sandman
Pep 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 4:43 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
I would suggest he implements a game plan around nullifying an oppositions strengths rather than setting out to kick more than the opposition. We don’t have a forward line, so why bother to entertain a gun fight you know you can’t win

Which forwards from season 2018 are no longer with us?

Stevo is gone.

I think it was Matt Rendell who said it, but all our forwards have gone backwards... I think only checkers gives his all and pops us every few weeks with multiple goals.

De Goey looked good in the 2nd half as a mid and managed to kick 2 goals.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:07 pm

Pep wrote:
Stevo is gone.

I think it was Matt Rendell who said it, but all our forwards have gone backwards... I think only checkers gives his all and pops us every few weeks with multiple goals.

You're seriously quoting Matt Rendell?? Cornes has more credibility

2018/2019/2020 goals:

Stevo 38/24/14

JDG 48/34/14

So, what do you attribute that to?

(Brody on track for career high season so far)

Pep 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:27 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pep wrote:
Stevo is gone.

You're seriously quoting Matt Rendell?? Cornes has more credibility

2018/2019/2020 goals:

Stevo 38/24/14

JDG 48/34/14

So, what do you attribute that to?

(Brody on track for career high season so far)

Haha was just answering your question lol and everyone is talking about Collingwoods scoreing woes, what’s Josh Thomas scoring stats front nose years? And maybe Elliott? He has been injured a lot though...

I attribute some of it to our ball movement... We have many inside 50’s but to a clogged fwd line. It’s slow from the back half and opposition teams know how to stop us.

Would Stevo’s possible 10 goals he’s kicked this year help us win 2-3 more games this year? With our ball movement he would probably have kicked less lol

Many things can be attributed, losing the players we did and in no way replacing them he hurt, so first thing that Coates to mind for me is the football department and list management...
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:27 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
I would suggest he implements a game plan around nullifying an oppositions strengths rather than setting out to kick more than the opposition. We don’t have a forward line, so why bother to entertain a gun fight you know you can’t win

Which forwards from season 2018 are no longer with us?

It’s as much about a weakened midfield as it is a front six. It’s hard for any forward to get in the game if your midfield can’t use the footy.
No Adams most of this year and understandably Pendles and Sidey aren’t the same players. Now take out Treloar and Philips who were at least best 22 players.
We have added outside mids in Poulter, T Brown ( 50 / 50 ) and now Bianco, who are lucky to amass a total of 20 games between them.
On the weekend we had a front six that included Bianco ( starting ) C Brown and Madgen. If Cox wasn’t injured, I’m sure he would have been preferred over Madgen.
You obviously had higher expectations than a 10 point loss against the 3rd ranked team.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:30 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
You obviously had higher expectations than a 10 point loss against the 3rd ranked team.

Did you have higher expectations than 1 goal in 3 quarters?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:58 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
I'm not a "Buckley hater" nor have I ever called for him to be sacked

Said by Zed wrote:
One of the reasons we probably started playing better late in the game against the Cats [was because] the players followed instructions.

Ok so you've got nothing

Pies2016 wrote:
The other point that seems to be lost amongst our performance against the Cats is that they only conceded 47 and 57 points in their previous two games. It’s not like they’re an easy team to score against...
Buckley certainly has a role to play for the list and / or the lack of skills he has at his disposal but he certainly wasn’t at fault with his game style against a very talented opposition

We also went defensive against North who are *clearly* the worst team in the league, and let them back in the game after half time

We also employed a similar game style against second on ladder and were beaten by 16 points
3rd on the ladder and lost by one point
4th on the ladder and lost by 10 points
5th on ladder and lost by one point
Now the above shouldn’t be seen as anything unusual because normally the team with the far superior list, wins.
What does it does say to me, is however you want to define Buckley’s coaching methodology, it wasn’t that far off the mark against those far superior teams. If he tried to run and gun against those teams, we would have been horribly beaten up.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:06 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Said by Zed wrote:
One of the reasons we probably started playing better late in the game against the Cats [was because] the players followed instructions.

Ok so you've got nothing

Pies2016 wrote:
The other point that seems to be lost amongst our performance against the Cats is that they only conceded 47 and 57 points in their previous two games. It’s not like they’re an easy team to score against...
Buckley certainly has a role to play for the list and / or the lack of skills he has at his disposal but he certainly wasn’t at fault with his game style against a very talented opposition

We also went defensive against North who are *clearly* the worst team in the league, and let them back in the game after half time

We also employed a similar game style against second on ladder and were beaten by 16 points
Now the above shouldn’t be seen as anything unusual because normally the team with the far superior list, wins.
What does it does say to me, is however you want to define Buckley’s coaching methodology, it wasn’t that far off the mark against those far superior teams. If he tried to run and gun against those teams, we would have been horribly beaten up.

So....
Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss

And... Buckley is the preferred coach if you only want to lose by a little bit!?

Right.... Rolling Eyes

KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:24 pm

Suppose...

Next week we kick only 3 goals against a good team
after being goal-less all day.
All goals came in the last quarter with 6 mins to go
But we lose by a point, oh well.

BUT, it was very entertaining and the crowd at home did go wild.
It was worth staying for the whole game for an edge-of-seat result.
The media thought we were cool, a coaching masterstroke to come back.
Nearly pinched the game for the fifth time this year.

Our club's Points Against is now the lowest in history, the club is breaking records!
Indeed, this team will be remembered for a long time.

I'm glad I'm a Collingwood supporter, it's just that my friends don't understand our New Normal.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:43 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Did you have higher expectations than 1 goal in 3 quarters?

The game isn’t decided after three quarters.
If that was case, then you would have loved our performances against Port and the lions.
Im done with your selective cut and paste grabs. Maybe try something different like posting an original thought, instead of trying to make yourself look clever at the expense of those who do offer up a contribution.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:54 pm

We lost the game and nothing will change that.

But I tell you, Hawkins and Cameron got a pretty soft free kick each and if not for that... Geelong would have kicked the same number of goals as us. Just sayin'.

Last edited by AnthonyC on Mon May 31, 2021 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:54 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Said by Zed wrote:

Ok so you've got nothing

Pies2016 wrote:

So....
Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss

And... Buckley is the preferred coach if you only want to lose by a little bit!?

Right.... Rolling Eyes

Of course they were losses. Funnily enough, that’s exactly what I said. Thats what usually happens when one team has a far better list than the other.
My apologies for posting those game day facts in front of your thoughts on Buckley.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:14 pm

It’s interesting some posters on here are determined to say we have no forward line, so that’s why Buckley tries to make sure the ball doesn’t go down there, and all is justified kicking the ball 15 metres sideways for 2 hours. Funnily enough Collingwood won a final last year with 9 goals between Mihocheck, DeGoey, Hoskin Elliott & Cox - all available players now.
I tend to think the coach is completely paranoid and has lost the plot.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:22 pm

It’s not about not kicking it down to the forward line. It’s about maintaining possession of the ball until options open up on the forward line. Since we can’t kick it up high into the forward line because we don’t have any high marking forwards we look either for forwards who lead to the ball, or we use handball down into the forward line trying to draw opposition defenders to the ball to free up our forwards who have otherwise been manned up. If we lose possession of the ball and can’t defend the space we gave up in order to move forward, the ball rebounds back for an opposition goal. In modern footy you have to be able to run both ways. That’s ok for experienced players, but when you have so many new players in the team, it take multiple games for players to learn the running patterns needed to compete against opposition teams.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:21 pm

Is Buckley and his band of muppet coaches gone yet?
Whichever way you slice it, whether the players can't follow the game-plan that Bucks wants, or whether what we witness on the ground is actually Buckley's game-plan, this mess is still on Buckley.
A few years back I was a Buckley supporter, but I've gone more than full circle now, to the point that I think he's actually a fraud or delusional...one or the other. He seems incapable of seeing or accepting his failures, and his interpretation of events that play out in a match is "perplexing", as Mike Gleeson notes in his article below.

He's been on over 1 million bucks for 10 years, and we are in a desperate state as a footy club in just about every football aspect...personnel, coaching, recruiting, team-selection, not to mention team performance. He's the reason that players that loved the club ended up being traded, and demonstrated with their performances at their new clubs that Buckley's judgment was wrong...Heath Shaw, Seedsman, Beams, come to mind. In hindsight we should have known that a coach that cannot manage relationships with different personality types, doesn't augur well for our future success.
If Buckley was an honorable person, he would step down immediately. To those that think they are harsh words for a club legend, I say sorry the club doesn't owe Buckley anything...the opposite in fact - Buckley owes the club immeasurably. And the best thing he could do right now for Collingwood is step down.

I find listening to Buckley talk for more than 5mins numbingly boring. He sounds so monotone and uninspiring, and so disconnected from reality that I shudder to think what the players would feel working under him. It's clear the players are over-coached with the way they process decisions on the field. It's excruciating to watch. Couple that with a personality type that suggests obstinance and perfectionism, and it's obvious that Buckley's claim that he "would walk if it was in the best interests of the blub" is pure fantasy.

I know people have not broached the subject, but the man has gone through a marriage breakup. By all accounts that kind of event can be devastating to one's mental state...has it had an effect on his coaching? Regardless, the club is too big to be shackled to the whims and fortunes, and mental state of a coach that is dragging down a once-proud club.
So it must be, adios Bucks, good luck with your next professional venture. I'm sure the 15million that you got paid by Collingwood will appease any feelings of hurt, failure, loss of pride.

I thought Mike Gleeson's article in TheAge sums it up how we are going on the field:
Quote:
The unwatchables
If people weren’t suffering enough in ‘Lockdown 4.0’, they had to endure the horrible, turgid, almost unwatchable display of Collingwood-Geelong.

It was perplexing, again, to hear the Collingwood coach say afterwards that the team was playing a better brand of football. The brand that delivered one goal in three quarters was a brand to challenge even the true believers. Yes, they were inaccurate but the slow, sideways ball movement and adventureless play was excruciating to watch.

The Magpies’ late flurry of goals was in some ways irrelevant because they came in junk time. In another way, they suggested that - as with last week against Port Adelaide - only once the game was lost and had to be won did the team find some urgency.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24   

Jump to: