Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
^ I think you meant to say 2 centre clearances.

No, I meant to say what I said. There is a difference in the stats between a clearance and a centre clearance. According to the stats that I saw, Callum had two clearances but no centre clearances.

Apologies.
Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
mattdally wrote:
It shows how bad we are going if a player is being praised for 11 possessions in a half of footy, playing as a midfielder, against the wooden spooner. No centre clearances, negative 17 metres gained, one score involvement. Unfortunately Callum is just filling gaps until our list improves.

I've been critical of Brown in the past, but he made an impact on the weekend when we needed it. 7 tackles, 2 clearances to go with 11 disposals.

He performed the Sier role better than Brayden did before he went off. Hopefully a sign of things to come. He looks much better as an inside mid than a small forward (as most of us have been saying for ages).

Yep, maybe if we simply referred to him as “ pick #35 “, then some might have appreciated his efforts a little more.
Regardless of wherever he’s been played, he hadnt progressed at all this year.
Hopefully that 37 % game time will give him some confidence going forward.
It will be interesting to see what role Harvey has in mind for him after the bye.

I don't compare him to his dad. He is shorter, slower and he can't jump, kick or mark to even the basic required AFL level. I appreciate him for what he is. A father son draft pick that was not a high pick. We had to match North's bid and used pick 44 to land him. Would he have been selected by us if Rowdy wasn't his dad? Who knows, that's history and doesn't matter, as it doesn't matter once you are drafted whether you are pick one or a rookie. All that matters is whether you are presently worth a game, or have the ability to develop to be so.

I take your point about his lack of confidence. His first thought is to go backwards, but he is not alone in that. Perhaps a change of coach will change that. At the moment I see him as a battling AFL player that is lacking in so many facets of his game that he will have to elevate other facets to elite level - such as in close contested possession and then quickly distributing by hand - to remain in the game. I don't dislike him at all, I hope he can do that. From the evidence that I have seen though, it is unlikely.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:56 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

No, I meant to say what I said. There is a difference in the stats between a clearance and a centre clearance. According to the stats that I saw, Callum had two clearances but no centre clearances.

Apologies.

That's OK. Smile

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:27 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

Apologies.

That's OK. Smile

That's weird because I distinctly remember Callum Brown running with the ball from within the centre square and hand passing it to Elliott went on to run bounce and kick the winning goal. To my mind that was a centre clearance to Brown. Go figure. Confused
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:10 pm

^ I think Cameron got a HTB free kick in the centre, fed it off to Brown who, wisely, fed it off to someone who could kick.

The criticisms of Brown have been fair and justified.
But, after watching him chase, pressure and tackle for the last 3 years to the point of exhaustion whilst more talented forwards (JDG) strolled around like a trophy wife through Toorak Village, I do have a soft spot for the kid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

Apologies.

That's OK. Smile

That's weird because I distinctly remember Callum Brown running with the ball from within the centre square and hand passing it to Elliott went on to run bounce and kick the winning goal. To my mind that was a centre clearance to Brown. Go figure. Confused

Even though I have never seen it explicitly stated, I assume there's a distinction between the two sorts of clearances because a centre clearance is after the centre bounce, either at the start of a quarter or after a goal has been scored, rather than in general play. One type is of more value than the other.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:23 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
^ I think Cameron got a HTB free kick in the centre, fed it off to Brown who, wisely, fed it off to someone who could kick.

The criticisms of Brown have been fair and justified.
But, after watching him chase, pressure and tackle for the last 3 years to the point of exhaustion whilst more talented forwards (JDG) strolled around like a trophy wife through Toorak Village, I do have a soft spot for the kid.

That's my memory too. I assume that Cameron was credited for that centre clearance.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:19 pm

so the guys were tested a total of 6 times, and spent 5 hours sitting on the cricket pitches before the game and were fed just basic crap, not proper food before the game, bloody good effort from the whole team. (geelong went through the same but our guys didnt whinge!)
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:17 pm

think positive wrote:
so the guys were tested a total of 6 times, and spent 5 hours sitting on the cricket pitches before the game and were fed just basic crap, not proper food before the game, bloody good effort from the whole team. (geelong went through the same but our guys didnt whinge!)

Considering the adversity they faced pre-match, I think it's our best win of the 3 this season.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:22 pm

geezus ****, the crows were scoreless in the first quarter and just beat the saints by a goal! ouch!!!!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:41 pm

^Thanks, was going to watch it on delay but no point now
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:43 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
^Thanks, was going to watch it on delay but no point now

your welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:49 pm

*you’re

My fault obviously, I should have expected to open a thread about our last game and see the result of today’s game

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:54 pm

Save yourself some time and just watch the last quarter.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:03 am

They all die
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18   

Jump to: