Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why does she hate us?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:38 pm
Post subject: Why does she hate us?Reply with quote

Every now and then Nicksters will criticise a media person for criticising our club. I don't usually go with that. Sports journos are paid to give opinions and when they're critical of Collingwood lots of us don't like it. Well, sometimes our club deserves criticism and at other times we mightn't agree with what was said/written and we think our club is criticised unfairly.

The one journalist who I believe really has it in for Collingwood and gives biased opinions is Caroline Wilson. I could cite numerous examples from the past supporting what I say but I'll stick with the present. She declares that Buckley's leaving is entirely political. The Board wanted to be re-elected and pushing Buckley out would be politically popular - or so she says. She keeps saying this and as recent evidence, she cites the fact that Buckley SNUBBED Mark Korda after the Melbourne win. What was the form of this snubbing? After the siren went Buckley hugged everyone and anyone who was anywhere near him. But not Mark Korda. He didn't get a hug. Buckley merely shook hands with him. There you have it! She'll spout out anything which suits her narrative and her narrative is that Buckley was sacked.

Collingwood does not have a monopoly of her venom. She has little technical knowledge of how the game is played but she doesn't need that. She almost exclusively writes about who is being sacked, who is unhappy and, oh, Alastair Clarkson will not be at Hawthorn next year. He'll be at Carlton. That's a good one Caro. That way she gets two birds with one stone - both Hawthorn and Carlton.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

She does seem to let her personal feeling influence her journalism, which is unprofessional - but for once I actually agree with her (about Buckley being sacrificed by the board to protect themselves). At least in terms of the timing i.e. now rather than end of season
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:14 pm

I just Ignore the Media as they are Clueless
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Caro Zzzzzz non event
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:36 pm

You might as well ask: why does Slobbo hate us?
Probably because, if you are a sports journalist who knows little about the sport you are actually covering, you will need to divert attention from this fact, and therefore you orient to dredging up from whatever source, gutters, stormwaters, sewerage tanks, graveyards, whatever filthy rumours, innuendos, opinions, you can, to populate the content of your column and generate interest from a mass audience which takes delight in any story that presents a crisis of any kind related to Collingwood.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:02 pm

Wilson concentrates on the backroom stuff the organisational stuff the personnel at the club. When she writes about a club people get upset because it is not the traditional who got disposals goals etc.

When its another club it is an insightful look into the behind the scenes going ons. About your own club it is rumours and innuendo.

Unfortunately she also has vendettas and is vindictive.
She does this to all clubs except Richmond

richo 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:32 pm

I believe one of the reasons that she hates us is because Swanny gave her son a hard time at the races one day.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:57 pm

Her father was a Richmond President. She's hated Collingwood as long as she's been breathing
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:03 pm

richo wrote:
I believe one of the reasons that she hates us is because Swanny gave her son a hard time at the races one day.

The one I heard was that Eddie got her an invite to the Emirates tent and she was trying to impress someone. "I will introduce you to Dane Swan". Swanny said said Eff off, footy season over and she was left losing a lot of face.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:21 am

As much as I dislike Carro's style, she is normally right.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:21 am

The sooner you realise that the Media makes everything about them and not about the game you will switch off.
Look at Barrett. Flog. It's all about him.
If its a quiet news day they will generate some sort of shit just to get their quota up.
Like DTM said.
Ignore them.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:26 am

ronrat wrote:
richo wrote:

The one I heard was that Eddie got her an invite to the Emirates tent and she was trying to impress someone. "I will introduce you to Dane Swan". Swanny said said Eff off, footy season over and she was left losing a lot of face.

Laughing
please be true
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:19 am

Something’s happening at Richmond and we’re the distraction again
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:21 pm

I guess I didn't make my point clearly enough. You can dislike Barrett. You can dislike Slobbo. You can even dislike Robbo. They will often criticise Collingwood. But they will also say good things about Collingwood. RudeBoy says Caro is "normally right". Really? She's like the economist who predicted five of the last two depressions.

Neil is particularly charitable, saying she deals with backroom matters. I say she deals with muckraking and that's it.

When did she ever say anything good about Collingwood?
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:29 pm

In life there are people who feed of negativity and think they are smart and interesting.
Caro is that sort of person.
Unfortunately other negative people are attracted to what she has to say.
I am not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: