Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ross Lyon or Mark 'Choco' Williams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the prefered coach for the Pies if this was your only choice.
Ross Lyon
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Mark 'Choco' Williams
79%
 79%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 39

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattdally wrote:
Anyone but Williams.

THIS ^^^^^

I’m already having nightmares about Choco being typically insensitive towards the needs of the modern player who will not genuflect to him. I remember when the Barassi coaching style became defunct and I feel the same way about Choco. Prefer others ahead of this guy.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:01 am

None of the above. Absolutely not Lyon, can't stand him and really don't get all the attention. Please, please, please, not him!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 am

Lazza wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Anyone but Williams.

THIS ^^^^^

I’m already having nightmares about Choco being typically insensitive towards the needs of the modern player who will not genuflect to him. I remember when the Barassi coaching style became defunct and I feel the same way about Choco. Prefer others ahead of this guy.

You may well be right Lazza, but I'm not sure where this view of Choco comes from. By all accounts he is a fantastic communicator and relationship builder, which is why he has excelled at the roles of mentoring and developing young players at several clubs. His role in turning around Dusty Martin is legendary and he appears to have had a similar impact with the young group at the Dees. I actually think he is exactly the type of person we need.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:24 pm

Look I’m not too sure whether leopards ever change their spots but maybe they do these days🙄 I heard from two former Collingwood players that when he captained us, it was all about him and not the team. He would berate players who didn’t honour his leads or bypassed him in general play. In fact one player left Collingwood and played up in the Bendigo league because of Choco’s attitude. I repeat he may well have changed his spots in recent years.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:35 pm

I'm not happy with either of those choices.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:16 pm

Lazza wrote:
I heard from two former Collingwood players that when he captained us, it was all about him and not the team. He would berate players

So, like Buckley in his playing days?

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:38 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I heard from two former Collingwood players that when he captained us, it was all about him and not the team. He would berate players

So, like Buckley in his playing days?

Careful, you’ll make his head explode.
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
You may well be right Lazza, but I'm not sure where this view of Choco comes from. By all accounts he is a fantastic communicator and relationship builder, which is why he has excelled at the roles of mentoring and developing young players at several clubs. His role in turning around Dusty Martin is legendary and he appears to have had a similar impact with the young group at the Dees. I actually think he is exactly the type of person we need.

Like all professionals in any industry, players and coaches need to be flexible enough to change, develop, reshape and evolve along with the industry they are in. Chocco has been at the highest level since 1981, you don't have a forty year career with only one string to your bow. He certainly has developed over the journey and has played under and coached with some of the greats.

I absolutely agree with RudeBoy he is "exactly the type of person we need".

Whether it's as senior coach or not remains to be seen, but I think it would be great for the club as a whole.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:45 pm

hate both
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:48 pm

That's the spirit! Wink
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Yesterday’s men
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:15 pm

For those who are questioning the worth of Choco Williams, you might want to read today's HUN. Here is what the Dee's Ed Langdon said about Choco:

"I just can't praise Choco enough for what he has done for my game. He has come in with a program and it was initially a shock to the system, but no doubt it has helped the whole team. I haven't seen anyone come into a club and have as big an impact on a team as he has had in my whole career. He hasn't once said anything negative about my kicking, it's ultra-positive and it's nice to hear."
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:42 pm

Sam Mitchell for me, excellent pedigree and long apprenticeship. I read somewhere when he was at the Eagles, he actually plotted our downfall in the Grand Final, so he damn well owes us !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
For those who are questioning the worth of Choco Williams, you might want to read today's HUN. Here is what the Dee's Ed Langdon said about Choco:

"I just can't praise Choco enough for what he has done for my game. He has come in with a program and it was initially a shock to the system, but no doubt it has helped the whole team. I haven't seen anyone come into a club and have as big an impact on a team as he has had in my whole career. He hasn't once said anything negative about my kicking, it's ultra-positive and it's nice to hear."

If he takes on the establishment and not the players, if he saves the you were wrong forthe powers that be, and has empathy for the players, I’m in,

If he doesn’t he won’t get the job. It’s not just explayers choosing this time which is good.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:53 pm

Its gonna be a long year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: