Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ross Lyon or Mark 'Choco' Williams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the prefered coach for the Pies if this was your only choice.
Ross Lyon
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Mark 'Choco' Williams
79%
 79%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 39

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
For those who are questioning the worth of Choco Williams, you might want to read today's HUN. Here is what the Dee's Ed Langdon said about Choco:

"I just can't praise Choco enough for what he has done for my game. He has come in with a program and it was initially a shock to the system, but no doubt it has helped the whole team. I haven't seen anyone come into a club and have as big an impact on a team as he has had in my whole career. He hasn't once said anything negative about my kicking, it's ultra-positive and it's nice to hear."

What someone offers as a mentor and assistant coach are different qualities to what you need from a senior coach. The senior coach job is a mentally destroying job. You wouldn't want to give it to your worst enemy. The person who coaches us has to be mentally strong as well as in good physical shape. I wouldn't give it to anyone over the age of 50. Fagan is succeeding at Brisbane only because he has a dream list. Teague is failing at Carlton because he doesn't have the list at the moment, nothing to do with his coaching skills. Because we have so many young players at Collingwood now you want someone who can nurture the talent and grow himself with the players and develop a winning culture which comes from hitting the team's sweet spot, somewhere between 9 0'Clock and 12 0'Clock, when you're pushing towards a premiership. That could be 2-3 years away. Meanwhile we need to accept the fact we lose to the stronger teams without it meaning we develop a losing culture. What it is is a juggling act between developing the team while minimizing the loses which comes from pumping games into the developing the players, to get to the sweet spot.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Age is of zero consideration imo, whomever is best for the now.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:57 pm

In the broader poll with other candidates, Williams leads Lyon 28-6. In this poll he leads 27-6

So nobody wants Lyon even when there is no other choice to their preferred option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: