Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Staggering Media Coincidences

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:25 pm
Post subject: Staggering Media CoincidencesReply with quote

There is a great series of scenes in the iconic Australian movie Muriel's Wedding whereby Bill Hunter's character "Ted Hislop" (the little Aussie battler) bumps repeatedly into the tartish Deidre Chambers. An affair being the subplot. Our President Mark Korda, the also self-proclaimed and son of a little Czech battler and Vice President Paul "it wasn't me" Licuria somehow have kept the Herald Sun's Michael Warner gainfully employed with a series of self-interested puff pieces aimed to retain their incumbency.

However, think back to February 1st this year when Michael Warner published the infamous "Do Better Report" to a tsunami of outrage from all the virtual signaling, woke, never made an error in my life social media commentariat. My question is this:

"Why would our President and Vice President seek out Michael Warner for such puff pieces given he was the journo that ultimately brought the club to their knees"?

Join the dots people.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaming journalists for writing about a report we commissioned and were supposed to release ourselves is barking up the wrong tree to say the least. The "Do Better" report didn’t cause us to mismanage our salary cap, make us disappoint the member base by trading out popular players with little return, lead us to a 2-9 start to the 2021 season or cause Buckley’s resignation. And that’s all putting to one side what led to the report, what made it necessary, and how badly we handled its release. So Warner’s article was the least of our problems.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:44 pm

David wrote:
Blaming journalists for writing about a report we commissioned and were supposed to release ourselves is barking up the wrong tree to say the least. The "Do Better" report didn’t cause us to mismanage our salary cap, make us disappoint the member base by trading out popular players with little return, lead us to a 2-9 start to the 2021 season or cause Buckley’s resignation. And that’s all putting to one side what led to the report, what made it necessary, and how badly we handled its release. So Warner’s article was the least of our problems.

You've missed the entire thread's point. KORDA AND CO. HAVE HAD WARNER IN THEIR POCKET #LEAKCENTRAL

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:14 pm
Post subject: media coincidencesReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
David wrote:

You've missed the entire thread's point. KORDA AND CO. HAVE HAD WARNER IN THEIR POCKET #LEAKCENTRAL

There has been a rat at Collingwood for years leaking things to the press.
Please don't say that Licca is involved. I can't believe that..

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:32 pm

inxs88 wrote:
David wrote:

The other question is if everything is above board in the circumstances what would motivate two senior Collingwood board members to be even be in contact with Warner? There are certainly other journalists with a better relationship with our club.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:41 pm

This is sadly a very good point member. The mind boggles.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:58 pm

It's logic that you'd think Korda (as VP) at the time should have been outraged that the club lost control of the narrative regarding the "Do Better Report" to Michael Warner. Not suddenly use him regularly as his mouthpiece to the members. Just my view.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:09 pm

I see ambulance chaser Barrett has also “ insinuated “ that Korda has found a way to make Hately and his signatures go away.
Might yet be something in it but how these journos get to make all these accusations without hard facts behind it, should be a crime in itself.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:06 pm

If the signatures are genuine then a spill can occur. The current board know that. Attempting to negotiate an outcome is the best move for them, but it doesnt mean that a spill wont occur. The legislation covering incorporated bodies is clear.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:47 pm

If Korda and Co were scheming and plotting from the get go, how do we explain Eddie's reaction to the Do Better report?

I think him and Bucks are in on the plot, only thing that makes sense, how else do you explain Bucks inexplicably telling Treloar that his team mates want him gone, despite evidence to the contrary and the fact that it was certainly almost going to be mentioned to the press by Treloar? Surely only an inside job explains it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: