Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Dockers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So outs this week - Moore and DeGoey
Do Adams and Grundy come straight in?
Lynch would miss if Grundy returns.

Ash Johnson should get a game. And I'd bring back Ollie Henry.
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:12 pm

mattdally wrote:

Has Johnson even trained with us yet?

Lynch should stay.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:38 pm

Confirmed outs are De Goey and Moore.

Players that should be available are Grundy, Adams and Sier. With Murphy still a chance to remain in the team after getting a corkie.

Waiting for news on Maynard with his finger/hand injury. Club report should be out tonight or tomorrow. But I'm hoping the old saying "no news is good news" applies here.

Lynch will probably make way if Grundy returns, even after his game against Gawn. Bianco was quiet against the Dees, but I'd like to see him remain in the side. Rantall was the medi sub, so he might make way.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:16 pm

This time tomorrow we’ll know who’s available or not. My feeling is Murphy won’t be available. He’s the player who can’t stay on the park for more than two weeks at a time, three if he’s lucky, and then injured again.
Not missing anything as form goes anyway so I hope A Johnson is considered for a debut.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Big T wrote:
Lynch and Cameron will stay. Where does Grundy play? This is intriguing. Super talented, can we reinvent the big fella elsewhere to really cash in on his ability?

Play him as Ruck Rover, relieve him of the responsibility of trying to tap the ball.

he's only 2 inches taller than Patrick Cripps and would be a better inside mid.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Big T wrote:
mattdally wrote:

Has Johnson even trained with us yet?

Lynch should stay.

We’d all like to see Lynch stay in after his performance, but he and Grundy can only be in the same side if there’s a clear role for each of them – and, realistically, it’s hard to imagine any role he can play other than ruck at the moment, so unless we experiment with Grundy up forward (or something) I don’t think there’s a spot for Lynch. Basically his job on the list is relief ruckman, and that tends to mean by definition that he makes way for the first ruck when the latter is available. The fact that he played well was a best-case scenario, and if he goes back to the VFL it’ll be with the knowledge that he’s exceeded expectations and will be trusted to come in again when he’s next needed – which is a huge boost from where his career was at a fortnight ago.

I guess we’ll see how the injury report goes, but presuming everyone who can be is available, these are the changes I’d like to see:

In: Grundy, Adams, Keane, Rantall
Out: Moore (inj.), De Goey (inj.), Lynch, Bianco

With maybe Sier coming in as injury sub.

Some other possible changes could be Kelly in for Maynard and Brown in for Murphy if either are unavailable.

Alex 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:47 pm

David wrote:
I guess we’ll see how the injury report goes, but presuming everyone who can be is available, these are the changes I’d like to see:

In: Grundy, Adams, Keane, Rantall
Out: Moore (inj.), De Goey (inj.), Lynch, Bianco

With maybe Sier coming in as injury sub.

Some other possible changes could be Kelly in for Maynard and Brown in for Murphy if either are unavailable.

Am I missing something with Rantall? Yes, Bianco played poorly and didn't get much of the ball, but in Bianco I see a player with real footy smarts and attributes that a 3 game player shouldn't have. He impacts games already, and he rarely wastes a disposal. With Rantall, I see a player who plays forward, doesn't get many touches, hasn't shown ability to crumb packs or put on immense pressure around goal and overall just looks out of his league atm.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:43 pm

think positive wrote:
Any chance we can get a ticket?

Most are anticipating crowds will be allowed, but it will be capped at 20-30%.

This translates to roughly 10K-17K being allowed to attend.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:53 pm

Alex wrote:
Am I missing something with Rantall? Yes, Bianco played poorly and didn't get much of the ball, but in Bianco I see a player with real footy smarts and attributes that a 3 game player shouldn't have. He impacts games already, and he rarely wastes a disposal. With Rantall, I see a player who plays forward, doesn't get many touches, hasn't shown ability to crumb packs or put on immense pressure around goal and overall just looks out of his league atm.

I’ve been very impressed with Bianco and reckon he’ll be a star, but I don’t think it hurts to send the younger players back for a bit when their form drops off, and I thought Rantall – who hasn’t really had much of an opportunity to string games together so far – did some really good stuff when he came on last week. That’s the only reason I’d bring him into the 22; otherwise I don’t have a strong preference which of the two plays this week (I doubt we’ll have space for both if we get some injured players back as hoped).

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:25 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-afl-covid-latest-round-15-fixture-crowd-numbers-in-victoria-decisions-lack-logic-stadium-capacity-latest-news/news-story/1a4c0162080ddc73d99a48b23314621a

Their is a chance that out match could be moved from 4:35pm to 2:10pm start.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:15 am

Hearing Johnson nowhere near it…
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:15 am

It’s a big ask to come from one system and be thrown into another environment and game style overnight.
He will have a lot to learn and that in turn that can come down to how quickly that player picks it up. He may not be AFL fit either.
I get the impression he’s got the skills and talent but there’s still more to tick off.
Initially I was hopeful we would see him straight after the bye but in reality he’s probably got to prove himself through the VFL first.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:57 am

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
Any chance we can get a ticket?

Most are anticipating crowds will be allowed, but it will be capped at 20-30%.

This translates to roughly 10K-17K being allowed to attend.

ugh i have mcg legends, so i wont get one anyway! unless my very kind real estate agent can get them for me!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:42 pm

David wrote:
Alex wrote:

I’ve been very impressed with Bianco and reckon he’ll be a star, but I don’t think it hurts to send the younger players back for a bit when their form drops off, and I thought Rantall – who hasn’t really had much of an opportunity to string games together so far – did some really good stuff when he came on last week. That’s the only reason I’d bring him into the 22; otherwise I don’t have a strong preference which of the two plays this week (I doubt we’ll have space for both if we get some injured players back as hoped).

McCrea represents better value than Rantall. He's simply a better player.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
It’s a big ask to come from one system and be thrown into another environment and game style overnight.
He will have a lot to learn and that in turn that can come down to how quickly that player picks it up. He may not be AFL fit either.
I get the impression he’s got the skills and talent but there’s still more to tick off.
Initially I was hopeful we would see him straight after the bye but in reality he’s probably got to prove himself through the VFL first.

He's got the match fitness to go. But he doesn't know his teammates yet and doesn't know the game plan. After a couple of VFL games he should be right to go. Iv'e forgotten how many games Noble played in the VFL before he got senior games. Similar to Ash Johnson I guess. Importantly once he reaches the senior team he'll offer much needed respite to Mihocek who continually gets marked by the opposition defensive backs.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: