Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Dockers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:19 am
Post subject: Pre-Match. Pies v. Dockers. All comments.Reply with quote

Saturday. June 26.

Collingwood v. Fremantle.

Marvel. Our clash with the Dockers will now start at 1.45pm.

B: [9] John Noble, [23] Jordan Roughead, [37] Brayden Maynard
HB: [3] Isaac Quaynor, [44] Jack Madgen, [16] Chris Mayne
C: [32] Will Hoskin-Elliott, [25] Jack Crisp, [27] Caleb Poulter
HF: [8] Trent Bianco, [14] Darcy Cameron, [24] Josh Thomas
F: [22] Steele Sidebottom, [41] Brody Mihocek, [5] Jamie Elliott

R: [4] Brodie Grundy, [10] Scott Pendlebury, [13] Taylor Adams

INT: [46] Mason Cox, [7] Josh Daicos, [31] Beau McCreery, [28] Nathan Murphy

EMG: [17] Callum L. Brown, [15] Max Lynch, [18] Finlay Macrae, [12] Tom Wilson

IN: Brodie Grundy, Mason Cox, Taylor Adams

OUT: Darcy Moore (Injured), Jay Rantall (Medi-Sub), Jordan De Goey (Suspension), Max Lynch (Omitted)

NEW: Robert Harvey takes the reins as the Coach for his first game.

MILESTONE: Will Hoskin-Elliott plays his 150th game of AFL.

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey's first win

Dockers to kick more behinds than goals

Pies by 23

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:12 am

Interim Coaches always win their first couple of game, even Teague did. ! Magpies by 19 points, and Harves will be declared a friggin genius. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:15 am

Geez, people say we have a tough run with injury, this mob are cursed!

With the outs Freo have we should win this by 8 goals. Pies by 40+ (I'm guessing that'll be paying around 5/1)

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:07 pm

Unless Harvey thinks Kelly is ready, I would shift Mihocek to CHB (replacing Moore) and bring in Magic Johnson as our high flying CHF.

Pies by 28 pts.
Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:37 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Unless Harvey thinks Kelly is ready, I would shift Mihocek to CHB (replacing Moore) and bring in Magic Johnson as our high flying CHF.

Pies by 28 pts.

We all want wins, but thinking long term, Kelly and Johnson should both be brought in this week. Kelly to come in for Moore and play across CHB, and Johnson to come in for Thomas to add height into our forward line and give the midfielders another marking target to kick to in our forward 50. I would also bring in Keane for Madgen. Keane looks promising while Madgen is not going to be at the club in a few years, possible even next year. Keane is around the same level as Madgen anyway so not losing to much. Sier to come back in for Maynard. If Maynard is right to play then Sier doesn't come in to the 22, likely becomes the sub. Looking at the balance of the midfield we need a big body in there to help out Adams, and without De Goey or Maynard in this week we need some toughness around the ball. To round out the changes, Adams and Grundy come back in for De Goey and Lynch. We know why De Goey wont be playing but many have called for Lynch to stay in as the second ruck. This cannot happen. Even though Lynch impressed us all last week, it was because of his tap-work, not his around the ground work. Lynch dropped marks and his kicking looks flawed, so the only way Lynch and Grundy play in the same side is if Grundy plays like 70% forward, which could work, but I think it makes us too tall.

As well as the changes, there are two players that arent doing as well as they have been this year, particularly the last month of footy. These two are Sidebottom and Daicos. Sidebottom has been played predominantly through the middle this year, to support the losses of Treloar (traded) and Adams (injured). This needs to change. Sidebottom's ball use has gone from one of the best in the team to one of the worst. He is clearly past his best footy in the midfield, but could be a goal sneak for us in the second half of the season in the forward pocket. Daicos, similar to Sidebottom, has been used in the middle more often this season to cover the losses of our two main midfielders. He has really been struggling this season, averaging 19 disposals, 233 metres gained and only 3.4 score involvements, which are all considered below average for a midfielder this year. He needs to move back onto the wing, where he broke out last year as a future star and a regular member of the 22.

With these lineup and positional changes, the team should look like this:

B: Keane, Roughead, Mayne
HB: Quaynor, Kelly, Noble
M: Daicos, Pendles, WHE
HF: Elliott, Mihocek, Bianco
F: Sidebottom, Cameron, McCreery
Foll: Grundy, Adams, Crisp
Int: Murphy, Poulter, Sier, Johnson

This team is probably the best team we have fielded this year, and we are finally putting the pieces together. This game could go either way, they are the better team, but if we play the way we have the past two games, we are still a huge chance to win the game.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:14 pm

There's a lot there I agree with Alex, but given the absence of Moore, Howe and De Goey it doesn't come close to being our strongest team this year. In fact, it's one of our weakest imo.

Still think we can win.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:18 pm

Any chance we can get a ticket?
Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:48 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
There's a lot there I agree with Alex, but given the absence of Moore, Howe and De Goey it doesn't come close to being our strongest team this year. In fact, it's one of our weakest imo.

Still think we can win.

I understand your view, but I disagree. Yes, our injury list is longer then it has been during other parts of the season, but it is the depth that has grown which has made it a better team. We did lose Maynard, De Goey and Moore this week, but on the other hand we get back Grundy and Adams, so maybe last weeks team was a little bit better, but I still feel this side is better than the side we produced any other week, when our injury lists were in a better shape then it is now.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:22 pm

Nice read folks.

I like Poulter on a wing though,, seems born to it.
To recollect.. a couple of scraggers. A shot at goal went right, and his next shot went left. Both very gettable.. and should have nailed them. He will.

The old adage applies here: 'you gotta be in it to win it. And he is in it all the time.

Yes, I want Daics there too. we need to redesign a footy ground from an oval to a triangle. That works! Could Poulter play forward? I reckon he would be a gun there too.

Yes, Johnson forward and Checkers back... but I still need a tall. I would replace Magden with Checkers, maybe this would assist Kelly.

JT out? Now that Harvey is in the role, some of the mooted changes here might be realized. Maybe not in his first outing, but as the weeks roll by, progressively we will see more of what 2022 looks like.

But what will he do this round? Will be interesting if he does anything out of the ordinary.
KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:52 pm

Can Kelly play CHB?
Why not put Keane/Wilson there for another chance to shine.

Harvey might pull a few surprises I feel.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:59 pm

Alex wrote:

I think I would prefer Sier as the medisub, given his fitness level, and Madge on the bench to rotate through the back 6

We need to find a way to get more of a look at what Lynch can do... Have him in the ruck and Grundy roving, or Lynch centre bounces and Grundy forward

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:23 am

Lynch and Cameron will stay. Where does Grundy play? This is intriguing. Super talented, can we reinvent the big fella elsewhere to really cash in on his ability?
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:23 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Alex wrote:

I think I would prefer Sier as the medisub, given his fitness level, and Madge on the bench to rotate through the back 6

We need to find a way to get more of a look at what Lynch can do... Have him in the ruck and Grundy roving, or Lynch centre bounces and Grundy forward

Surely Lynch stays

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:28 am

Alex wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Still think we can win.

I understand your view, but I disagree. Yes, our injury list is longer then it has been during other parts of the season, but it is the depth that has grown which has made it a better team. We did lose Maynard, De Goey and Moore this week, but on the other hand we get back Grundy and Adams, so maybe last weeks team was a little bit better, but I still feel this side is better than the side we produced any other week, when our injury lists were in a better shape then it is now.

Any team that loses De Goey, Maynard and Moore in the space of a week is going to be a lot weaker. Having depth doesn’t mean you can cover them. It’s going to be a real struggle to beat Fremantle but in our favour, Fremantle have a lot of injuries as well. Hopefully the players maintain their anger and bring up a good first win for Harvey.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: