Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Dockers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jatsad wrote:
Good to see team selection integrity is still strong...not.

How does Mason Cox come in? Hasn't played in firsts since round 4, done less than nothing in VFL and he's in.

I am not a Max Lynch fan but he did more than enough against Melbourne to keep his spot.

And let's not forget Thomas.

Bye Harvs, nice knowing you.

Hopefully that same lack of selection integrity can deliver us our third win in a row
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:01 pm

Amazingly, we are favourites to defeat Fremantle (Collingwood 1.68 and Fremantle 2.20). I am surprised by this. I guess it is a consequence of us having defeated the ladder leader last week.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:06 pm

^ Don't Freo & WC have putrid away records this season?
Alex 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:07 pm

Happy with the changes, but would have liked to see Keane and Sier instead of Madgen and Thomas.

Hopefully we use all three of Cox, Cameron, and Mihocek in attack, considering we are struggling with goal kicking we needed an extra marking option so Im happy with this selection.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:09 pm

Alex wrote:
Happy with the changes, but would have liked to see Keane and Sier instead of Madgen and Thomas.

Hopefully we use all three of Cox, Cameron, and Mihocek in attack, considering we are struggling with goal kicking we needed an extra marking option so Im happy with this selection.

Sier is easily the biggest disappointment on our list. cant wait for him to be delisted.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:14 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
jatsad wrote:
Good to see team selection integrity is still strong...not.

How does Mason Cox come in? Hasn't played in firsts since round 4, done less than nothing in VFL and he's in.

I am not a Max Lynch fan but he did more than enough against Melbourne to keep his spot.

And let's not forget Thomas.

Bye Harvs, nice knowing you.

Doesn't that depend on what role Harvey has for Cox? What if he has Cox ruck and has Grundy as the permanent tall forward to move Cameron to float D50 in Moore's spot?

Surely you jest. Cox is not a full time ruckman, Grundy is and may pinch hit forward but never permanently and Cameron across half-back. Maybe, but he kicks goals up forward. Cox has not earned his spot so I can’t see the reasoning. Madgen CHB, wow, that’s asking a bit much. I can see them playing Fyfe on him. God help us.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:15 pm

The really positive aspect of these selections is that they open up a very wide range of possible permutations and interchanges between the talls, in ruck deployment, in the forward line, and also in defence. Allows real scope for coaching imagination and unpredictability.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I doubt Cox will play, but who knows?

Wink

I swear someone said Cox will never play for Collingwood again, but I cant find it.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:20 pm

jatsad wrote:

Surely you jest. Cox is not a full time ruckman, Grundy is and may pinch hit forward but never permanently and Cameron across half-back. Maybe, but he kicks goals up forward. Cox has not earned his spot so I can’t see the reasoning. Madgen CHB, wow, that’s asking a bit much. I can see them playing Fyfe on him. God help us.

I think the point is that we can change up our talls. We can float Cameron or Checkers back to assist with defence if need be. No one is suggesting that Cox should play the whole game as a ruckman, nor that Grundy should play permanently forward. We can move them around freely. Madgen will no doubt struggle playing the same role as Moore, but who else would you have proposed to play there? Would Keane have been a better choice? The evidence suggests that he would not have been a safer choice than Madgen. If they moved Fyfe to Magden, we would swap Maynard with Madgen for starters.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:24 pm

E wrote:

Sier is easily the biggest disappointment on our list. cant wait for him to be delisted.

Agreed. His form has been disappointing. He has the remaining 8 rounds to demonstrate why he should not be delisted. I hope he can make his case.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Disappointed they’ve picked Cox. Nothing against the guy (have enjoyed watching him as a supporter) I just don’t think he’s part of the future so why “spend” games on him when we have guys like Will Kelly? Maybe it’s part of helping him pump up his trade worth ahead of post season? Otherwise I don’t really see (or like) the logic.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:47 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
jatsad wrote:

I think the point is that we can change up our talls. We can float Cameron or Checkers back to assist with defence if need be. No one is suggesting that Cox should play the whole game as a ruckman, nor that Grundy should play permanently forward. We can move them around freely. Madgen will no doubt struggle playing the same role as Moore, but who else would you have proposed to play there? Would Keane have been a better choice? The evidence suggests that he would not have been a safer choice than Madgen. If they moved Fyfe to Magden, we would swap Maynard with Madgen for starters.

I would have Keane ahead of Madgen every day of every week. He just does not have it. He is a rabbit in the spotlight. And as for putting Maynard on Fyfe, we can’t keep doing that to him. Fyfe is bigger and taller.

The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:57 pm

Fours forwards named on the bench. Along with Sidebottom in the forward pocket.

This really is a more attaching team. Harvey is going for it.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:06 pm

Alex wrote:

Yep, those are my feelings as well. I can understand why Harvey wants more goal scoring power, but it leaves us a little weak at CBF. Murphy can play there if need be. However Keane would have been the safer option. I would even have preferred Wilson to Madgen.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:15 pm

^ Of course, Mihocek should also be able to play back.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: