Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Dockers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Very happy to see the three talls included at long last! Welcome back Coxy.

Darcy could be called upon to shore up the defence in Moore's absence. It's a bit of a worry with Madge playing at CHB and Darcy has shown he can take intercept marks in defence .

It sure will be interesting to see how the ruck work is shared about.

Dont know why some keyboard experts here have it in for Cox so much, ive yet to see him play a really shithouse game, he usually kicks least two goals, and he relieves Grundy for spells. Granted, young Lynch did well against Gawn, but Cox was always going to get another run eventually,. Not happy to see De Goey suspended, for nothing, while Duckwood claws a players face and gets off, Christensen, ur a bloody idiot even if you were a Magpie, very ordinary mate We will do this mob, for Harves first win. Go Woods, 19 point win. Smile Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:24 pm

jatsad wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jatsad wrote:
Good to see team selection integrity is still strong...not.

How does Mason Cox come in? Hasn't played in firsts since round 4, done less than nothing in VFL and he's in.

I am not a Max Lynch fan but he did more than enough against Melbourne to keep his spot.

And let's not forget Thomas.

Bye Harvs, nice knowing you.

Doesn't that depend on what role Harvey has for Cox? What if he has Cox ruck and has Grundy as the permanent tall forward to move Cameron to float D50 in Moore's spot?

Surely you jest. Cox is not a full time ruckman, Grundy is and may pinch hit forward but never permanently and Cameron across half-back. Maybe, but he kicks goals up forward. Cox has not earned his spot so I can’t see the reasoning. Madgen CHB, wow, that’s asking a bit much. I can see them playing Fyfe on him. God help us.

No DeGoey and an underdone Grundy means that the extra tall is needed both up forward and in the ruck. Grundy maybe could only take on 60-70 per cent of ruck duties.

We really need at least two of Grundy, Cox and Cameron on the ground at all times. Sucpect the three of them will rotate off the bench.

i think someone else might have also wisely pointed out that with no Moore, we are also light on tall options down back as well.

i think that is the calculous. and we are playing on a smaller arena.

doesnt really matter, our season is over at this point.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:05 am

^According to Fox Footy ladder predictions, we still have a 3% chance of getting to finals.
I would love for that to happen. Just for the experience. I don't believe we are totally done yet. And I actually think these selections show that Harvey doesn't think so either. I am giving him five stars for his first game selection decisions.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:13 am

...and another point, while I am at it. I don;t get the hatred for Madgen. He does many important, but small things (hard to notice) in defence. His marking is elite, actually. I actually thought his performance against Melbourne was OK. Happy to have him as CHB, with many options for defensive support available in our team configuration.
He is no Darcy Moore, but he never claimed to be as such. He is a back up defender who, over his 38 games, has made significant developments in his standard of play, and provides depth when we need it in defence.
IQ, Noble, Maynard, Roughie are currently in excellent form. Rebound of Noble, IQ and Maynard will enormously assist Madgen, who can complement their rebound energy with his marking skills.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:14 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
...and another point, while I am at it. I don;t get the hatred for Madgen. He does many important, but small things (hard to notice) in defence. His marking is elite, actually. I actually thought his performance against Melbourne was OK. Happy to have him as CHB, with many options for defensive support available in our team configuration.
He is no Darcy Moore, but he never claimed to be as such. He is a back up defender who, over his 38 games, has made significant developments in his standard of play, and provides depth when we need it in defence.
IQ, Noble, Maynard, Roughie are currently in excellent form. Rebound of Noble, IQ and Maynard will enormously assist Madgen, who can complement their rebound energy with his marking skills.

i couldn't agree more. Makes no sense at all. Gives 5,000%5 every week. does whatever is asked. Might not make the grade in a premiership team, but how can you hate him.

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:03 am

Free have good ins. This is exactly the challenge we need . Tough close game ahead.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:20 am

A bit perplexed about Cox’s selection, to be honest. I guess Murphy goes back, but I would have thought Keane or Kelly would be an emergency at the very least. To all the talk of Mihocek going back, what is with the fixation on playing our best players out of position!?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:50 am

I think the fixation is them trying to fix problems with fixed thinking around fixes that don’t fix the problem. We need fix this fixable problem for fix sake🙄😫
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:01 am

E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

i couldn't agree more. Makes no sense at all. Gives 5,000%5 every week. does whatever is asked. Might not make the grade in a premiership team, but how can you hate him.

I don't care if he puts in a million per cent. He lacks the basic skills to play elite level AFL footy. He's highly unlikely ever to play in a premiership team and the whole idea of an AFL club assembling a football team together is to put itself in a position to compete for a premiership. All Collingwood supporters do is lament all the grand final losses we've endured over the last 50 years, yet we condone the selection of players like Madgen who at best are honest goers who are never going to deliver premierships.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:05 am

Could we be selecting Cox to try and give him some trade value? Currently at nil, we might be able to 'showcase' him and get a pick that has points attached to it to help with covering a Daicos bid... realistically though, I doubt there'd be much interest out there.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:16 am

Any ALF coach who plays players to boast their trade value at the risk of losing games of AFL footy should be sacked before they're certified insane.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:44 am

I like the move. I can't recall having tried the three tall forward line this season. It may work, it may not, but at least it's an attacking change on paper.
Grundy can ruck, Roughead can take Taberner.
Cox, Checkers and Cameron with Elliott, Sidey and McCreery up forward.

The only issue I have with this is I wonder if they realise the roof will be open Rolling Eyes
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:21 pm

We want more attacking footy?

Firstly we lost AA Moore, so then I read across the net : "We don't have Backup CHB"!!!!!!

Well of course we don't have an AA CHB as backup.... we have the 6th KP in line waiting for a callup.. this guy could be developing kid, or some 'inferior version happy to be a backup.

It could have been Kelly, or Keane or it could have been Checkers . But it ends up being Magden. WHY ?

Because they selected Cox at FF. They want to run the ball out, playing more offensive footy. At Marvel they want these talls to present as marking options, and then they want a tall up remaining forward presenting for a grab or bringing it to the ground.

So, rather than select Kelly or Keane, I suspect they aren't necessarily trying to fill the breach to play the same way..because that is impossible. It looks to me the tweak will be Run and Gun. More players running ahead of the ball, possibly more like Essendon than Geelong.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:40 pm

Given that Cox has been selected, I'd actually like to see him used more in the ruck, enabling Grundy to play out of the goal square.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:15 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Very happy to see the three talls included at long last! Welcome back Coxy.

Darcy could be called upon to shore up the defence in Moore's absence. It's a bit of a worry with Madge playing at CHB and Darcy has shown he can take intercept marks in defence .

It sure will be interesting to see how the ruck work is shared about.

Dont know why some keyboard experts here have it in for Cox so much, ive yet to see him play a really shithouse game, he usually kicks least two goals, and he relieves Grundy for spells. Granted, young Lynch did well against Gawn, but Cox was always going to get another run eventually,. Not happy to see De Goey suspended, for nothing, while Duckwood claws a players face and gets off, Christensen, ur a bloody idiot even if you were a Magpie, very ordinary mate We will do this mob, for Harves first win. Go Woods, 19 point win. Smile Exclamation

It's Christian...

also, Cox's problem is that he plays shithouse quarters. Sure. he'll kick a goal or two, but then he'll be a liability for the other 110 minutes.

He needs to be much more consistent.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: