Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade target 2022

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:18 pm
Post subject: Trade target 2022Reply with quote

Sam Petrevski-Seton is a player I wouldn’t mind the Pies to look at at seasons end.

He’s fallen out of Carlton’s best 22 after they’ve thrown him around the ground this year. As a former top 10 pick, he’s a player I think that could add a bit of indigenous flare and hardness to our side. The cousin of Ash Johnson I think it would also be beneficial for player welfare and list demographic.
Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Has some talent but doesn't fit a need. Isnt better than Quaynor and about the same as Noble. On the wing we have Daicos, Hoskin-Elliott and Poulter who are about the same or better than SPS, and even Macrae as a first round pick coming through.

I think we need a big bodied mid, a full forward, and a small crumbing forward.

Others here have mentioned Charlie Constable, and we just drafted Ash Johnson who I am very excited for, so that leaves a small forward, so thats what we need to be targeting, either in the draft as a late pick or a young player who has fallen out of favour with their team.

themonk 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:31 pm

Mitch Wallis would be a great get, big bodied mid & can play forward.

Yes we need a key forward but nothing seems to be available, it needs to be quality, not just anything.

Maybe another crack at Gunston as a short term solution?
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:38 pm

themonk wrote:

Yes we need a key forward but nothing seems to be available, it needs to be quality, not just anything.

Gunston - key forward?
themonk 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:50 pm

dalyc wrote:
themonk wrote:

Gunston - key forward?

Played as a full forward for Hawks.

I'd rather play a smaller forward line and have Cameron and Mihocek help out whilst we develop a youngster or recruit a big guy in a year or two.

Don't forget we have no picks.

Recruiting an average big guy just for the sake out of it is not worth it, we've made that mistake before.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:51 pm

themonk wrote:

Good thing we didn't get Gunston last year, No thanks
Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:06 pm

If Ash can play for the rest of the year that should give us a good idea on whether or not he can produce for us long term. Remember we also have McMahon who was Pick 31 which is a fairly high draft pick. Wallis would be a handy pickup I agree, but I would only accept if it was a pick in the fourth round or something. Thats what we got for 24 year old Phillips so surely we can get 28 year old Wallis for that!
themonk 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:23 pm

Alex wrote:
If Ash can play for the rest of the year that should give us a good idea on whether or not he can produce for us long term. Remember we also have McMahon who was Pick 31 which is a fairly high draft pick. Wallis would be a handy pickup I agree, but I would only accept if it was a pick in the fourth round or something. Thats what we got for 24 year old Phillips so surely we can get 28 year old Wallis for that!

Wallis is a free agent
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:24 pm

imo we'll trade players for picks. Can't see much point in trading for players if our window is pretty much closed
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:12 pm
Post subject: Re: Trade target 2022Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Sam Petrevski-Seton is a player I wouldn’t mind the Pies to look at at seasons end. ...

Where would you play him? Can't defend. Not good enough further up the field.
Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:13 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
imo we'll trade players for picks. Can't see much point in trading for players if our window is pretty much closed

Very true, but are there any young gems that we could get from contending teams that cant resign them?

Elliott Himmelberg (23) - Would have to trade for him as he is contracted for 2022. Only played 3 games this year and is behind multiple key forwards at the Crows.

Lochie O'Brien (21) - Pick 10 in the 2017 draft. Has played 2 games in 2 years after a promising start to his career. Out of Contract this year.

Charlie Constable (22) - Pick 36 in the 2017 draft. Dominating at VFL level for the Cats, averaging 29 disposals a game. Has played 3 matches this year, 2 as the sub and 1 at only 55% game time. Out of Contract this year and he is the main player I want Collingwood to go after.

Brayden Fiorini (23) - Pick 20 in the 2015 draft. Cant get into the Suns side at all this year and struggled to keep his spot last year. Has been tried on the wing but is really an on-baller. A change of scenery could help his career, as the Suns do have a strong group of on-ballers already in Swallow, Greenwood, Miller and Rowell. Is contracted until 2023 but we can get him cheap.

I would like us to have a look at all 4 of these players. Constable and Fiorini are big inside mids that could provide some toughness and improved contested ball work, and we dont really have a player like this coming through, unless you count Sier who I predict will leave at the end of the year. Himmelberg is an out of favour KPP who probably has more potential then Cameron. And lastly O'Brien is a former top 10 pick, who I believe still has something to offer us. He clearly has talent as he was a high pick, but he needs to put it together at a high level.

Overall, I think we should add one of Fiorini or Constable to the list, pass on Himmelberg and continue to develop Cameron and start to develop McMahon/Johnson, and take a look at where O'Brien fits within the team and if he could be in our next premiership side.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:48 pm

People. We have no money. More specifically, we have no space in the cap. We will not bring in anyone that’s on more than basement wage. Infact we will lose more players this time around but not quite in the manner of last season. I agree Wallis is a great fit but I have zero expectations at all we can even afford anyone in the cap.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:50 pm

Fiorini is on $400k. If as you say, 2 years remaining on his contract, I don't know if GC would want to keep him. A four-year contract could work out for all parties.

Having said that, I don't know if he fills missing links on our list.
Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:44 pm

Haff wrote:
People. We have no money. More specifically, we have no space in the cap. We will not bring in anyone that’s on more than basement wage. Infact we will lose more players this time around but not quite in the manner of last season. I agree Wallis is a great fit but I have zero expectations at all we can even afford anyone in the cap.

Our cap really must be stuffed if we cant afford anyone after dumping 3 quality players, and retiring/delisting many more + this seasons losses which im predicting to be Cox, Sier, Mayne, Greenwood and Thomas. How can a team like Richmond have enough money to resign Bolton, Coleman-Jones and whoever else, AND they are linked to Cerra, whilst we are still in salary cap trouble after dumping so many players.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:27 am

Alex wrote:
Haff wrote:

Our cap really must be stuffed if we cant afford anyone after dumping 3 quality players, and retiring/delisting many more + this seasons losses which im predicting to be Cox, Sier, Mayne, Greenwood and Thomas. How can a team like Richmond have enough money to resign Bolton, Coleman-Jones and whoever else, AND they are linked to Cerra, whilst we are still in salary cap trouble after dumping so many players.

Absolutely Alex. You'd think those delisting's would give us some scope to secure talent. I'd like to think a 2021 jack Billings without the number 2 draft pick pressure would be a target given his skills, free agent status and talent gap in the forward area for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16   

Jump to: