Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dockers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I dunno a smack in the throat like that I’d be pissed off too, the $£$%^%%$ awful should apologise but the won’t because it’s us!
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:08 am
Post subject: First time New Rule matters - Umpire Fail!!Reply with quote

So they came up with a new rule that protects the person with the mark. you have to stay out of the protected area. 10 meters I believe. They pay about a million stupid 50 meter penalties when it doesn't matter.

THEN

The first time it impacts the game, they decide not to pay it!!!

I don't care if he called play on one second before the player intercepted the ball. He was clearly in the restricted zone before the player chose to play on. As soon as he went into the restricted zone it should have been 50 meters!!!! He chose to play on because no one is allowed to be in that restricted zone so he didn't look for him to be there.

HONESTLY, the AFL is a joke. Why come up with a new rule and then fail to enforce it in the very instance when the thing that they were trying to stop causes a turnover goal. There were four umpires on the field watching the game and NONE of them felt the need to intervene to make the right call. they knew they made a mistake. why couldnt they just recall the ball. In the NBA they change calls all the time after conferring (all you do is to say, it took my brain a while to process what happened but its the right call). Who is going to complain that the call was a little late? They could have done it even after Loeb marked (especially if the call was made by one of the non officiating umpires!!!

Just a disgrace!

Now i know they tried to even the score later in the game by holding onto their whistle a couple of times where Freo might have gotten a free kick, but it was a momentum killer and it turned the game!!!! Even the fact that they do this is wrong.

By the way, how stiff was Maynard (i know he shouldn't have yelled at the umpire given the context of the game, but it was pretty bad). He literally stopped to avoid the contest and the other guy came forward to initiate contact. that cant be the right call. They say he didnt have his eyes on the ball. yeah, that's why he stopped and didn't enter the contest, he was out of position and had conceded. if that's a free kick, then Maynard should just put the head down and knock the guy into next week.

STOP paying what you think might happen and pay what actually happens!!!!!

Two goals came of these two pivotal moments!!!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:09 am

- Not sure Cox has ever played well at Marvel.
- Poulter and Bianco continue to grow in stature and poise.
- Cox's rusty goal kicking and other forwards/mids multiple unselfish acts of stupidity instead of shots at goal cost us dearly in the end.
- Grundy is worth two players, he is like an extra mid - people overlook that, and offsets some of the centre bounce stuff to a degree - thought he was one of our best but his opponent was possibly BOG in the end, which is interesting.
- Noble is one player who is creative and daring, can't afford him to be out of the team, he is not afraid to go through the middle and usually hits the target. Crisp is another like this.
- Quaynor had a mare for 3/4s and then contributed well in the last.
- Pendles still does alot of good for an old man.
- Sidebottom should have more shots for goal.
- Moving Elliott into the centre square was done too late.
- Freo regularly outran our guys to establish outside position to bring the ball down the flanks.
- Daicos has had minders alot more this season and often struggles to have an impact dealing with close attention.
- Mayne is a good mentor and steadying presence.
- Cal Brown is an inside mid and unless he plays there will struggle in pretty much every other position.
- Freo locked us down in the 3rd with the way they zoned up, but we managed to get rolling until the infamous Maynard free stopped our momentum for long enough for Freo to get a match winning lead.
- WHE is contributing more often.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:18 am

Actually, I was quite impressed by Harvey's presser. he is not a polished performer like Bux, and he was clearly very nervous. But i liked the way he backed our players wholeheartedly. He looked very sincere. I wish him the best over the next 8 games.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:22 am

burnsy17 wrote:
Actually, Cameron was pretty good. And has been for most of the season.

Cox..... he may as well head to the NBL. Try something else that he may actually be good at.

Sad but true. Cox promises so much but delivers so little. Time to cut our losses and concentrate on the players who are going to deliver the future.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:23 am

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Mistakes cost us today but Freo were a little bit better and too strong when it counted.

I Just watched the replay and a thought occurred to me. We are a better side without Taylor Adams. It may not have been the reason we lost but the number of times he wastes the ball with his characteristic poor disposal and decision making is an issue.

he was rusty. Will be better for the run. at his best, he makes us a lot stronger because he single handledly controls the contest.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:27 am

BazBoy wrote:
Surely the experiment has ended with Mason Cox—included was Cox and excluded was Lynch

Cox irrelevent in our game while Lynch with 19 pocessions .1 goal and 42 hit outs in a 104 to 65 win

i think you will find that Grundy replaced Lynch and Cox replaced the DeGoey forward role. this will be understood a little better when DeGoey comes in next week for Cox (and not Lynch). Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:29 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Actually, I was quite impressed by Harvey's presser. he is not a polished performer like Bux, and he was clearly very nervous. But i liked the way he backed our players wholeheartedly. He looked very sincere. I wish him the best over the next 8 games.

Me too. We need to give Harves time. This was lost at the selection table which I said in the pre-game preliminaries. Any of Keane, Tohill, Kelly or Wilson would have delivered better than Madgen in the backline and we’re robbing Peter to play Paul by moving Crisp into the midfield and Cox isn’t mobile enough in the forward line.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:05 am

E wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:
Mistakes cost us today but Freo were a little bit better and too strong when it counted.

I Just watched the replay and a thought occurred to me. We are a better side without Taylor Adams. It may not have been the reason we lost but the number of times he wastes the ball with his characteristic poor disposal and decision making is an issue.

he was rusty. Will be better for the run. at his best, he makes us a lot stronger because he single handledly controls the contest.

Maybe but butchering the ball and some ordinary decision making has always been an issue for him. It was the knock on him even when he was at GWS.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:16 am

Gerry Cooper wrote:
E wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:

Maybe but butchering the ball and some ordinary decision making has always been an issue for him. It was the knock on him even when he was at GWS.

I agree, it was a knock on him early in his career. As it was for Sidebottom and, if you can believe it, Maynard!!! Now its Poulters turn!

Adams doesn't butcher it much anymore. Instead, he plays within his skillset. i feel like it takes young players some time to learn to play within the confines of their skillset.

It might surprise you to observe that he forward entries are elite. he is one of the few people in our side who can hit a leading target with a beautifully accurate and low entry.

People still complain about Noble's disposal, even though he is one of three or four players entrusted as ball carrier BECAUSE he is so reliable by foot. He isn't a great kick, but he is incredibly disciplined within his skillset. Crisp too.

In fact, there are only three elite kicks in our entire team in general play. Moore, Maynard and Quaynor.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:44 am

Lazza, Cam and Cameron Mooney say that Maynard's stupid 50 metres penalty stopped our momentum and probably cost us the match. That's clearly wrong.

Yes, it was a poor umpiring decision and yes, it was a bad time for Maynard to do a Heath Shaw impersonation and give away a goal. But that double incident did not stop our momentum nor cost us the match. We kicked the next 2 goals and got back in front. The second goal came from a chain started by Maynard with a brilliant run down and tackle. We then lost because Freo played some good footy and we couldn't sustain the pressure. Unusually we kicked 5 goals in the last quarter. Mostly this year our best quarters have been our first and we haven't scored much in the last quarter.

I don't share all of the criticism of Magden. He's become the modern day Jarryd Blair - the whipping boy. He'll probably never be a top-liner but he puts in and with Howe and Moore out of the side is valuable. If he were injured he'd be missed.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:05 am

Harrysz wrote:
Lazza, Cam and Cameron Mooney say that Maynard's stupid 50 metres penalty stopped our momentum and probably cost us the match. That's clearly wrong.

Yes, it was a poor umpiring decision and yes, it was a bad time for Maynard to do a Heath Shaw impersonation and give away a goal. But that double incident did not stop our momentum nor cost us the match. We kicked the next 2 goals and got back in front. The second goal came from a chain started by Maynard with a brilliant run down and tackle. We then lost because Freo played some good footy and we couldn't sustain the pressure. Unusually we kicked 5 goals in the last quarter. Mostly this year our best quarters have been our first and we haven't scored much in the last quarter.

I don't share all of the criticism of Magden. He's become the modern day Jarryd Blair - the whipping boy. He'll probably never be a top-liner but he puts in and with Howe and Moore out of the side is valuable. If he were injured he'd be missed.

Yeh, agree with most of that, but that 50 mtr penalty against Maynard was a real punch in our guts, notwithstanding. Far as im concerned, if Moore had played, we would have won, hes that bloody vital to us, soon as he went out, i knew we would strugggle. Plus De Goey, thanks to weak as cats piss decisiion by bloody Christian and his friggin MRP, the one that let Sellwood clean off, after he clawed a players face. That hurt too, cost us. Rolling Eyes Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:19 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
We need to definitively assess Cox

He's played 74 games, what more do you need to assess him?

Magpietothemax wrote:
Checkers... wasnt doing too much up forward

Kicked 1.4, Bianco was next best for scoring shots with 2.1 What else do you want Mihocek to do? (apart from kick goals obviously). Tries his guts out every week

Magpietothemax wrote:
I was very disappointed that there seemed to be no real lift in intensity for the first game of a new coach

Would require a new game plan not the same one that has failed many times before i.e. wait until we're goals down at the end to have a go - HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE SEEN THIS NOW??

Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:24 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Actually, I was quite impressed by Harvey's presser... He looked very sincere

I'll take a shit presser and a win any day... can't believe this is even a topic

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:33 am

Cam wrote:
Freo locked us down in the 3rd with the way they zoned up, but we managed to get rolling until the infamous Maynard free stopped our momentum for long enough for Freo to get a match winning lead

We led again after the Maynard 50m/goal, so no

For mine it was the first 15 minutes that cost us the game, when we couldn't convert our dominance into scoreboard pressure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: