Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dockers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Yeah, but not worth 50. Umpire should have let it go. Clearly awarded 50 because he was cut: maynard pointed out he was wrong.

Agree. This umpire needs to harden the **** up and get a thick skin🤬 weak as………

The umpire was GOING to let it go until Maynard kept gobbing off, after holding on to the ball, and after watching the replay, and after giving the ball back

Clear as daylight. Sick to death of this "we wuz robbed by the umps" culture

Did you ever see an umpire reverse their decision in a similar situation? EVER??

STFU Maynard, cost us a goal, and momentum. Won't be as harsh to say the game because there were plenty of other mistakes, but certainly didn't help - from a player that some people think should be our future captain

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:10 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
We need to definitively assess Cox

He's played 74 games, what more do you need to assess him?

Magpietothemax wrote:
Checkers... wasnt doing too much up forward

Kicked 1.4, Bianco was next best for scoring shots with 2.1 What else do you want Mihocek to do? (apart from kick goals obviously). Tries his guts out every week

Magpietothemax wrote:
I was very disappointed that there seemed to be no real lift in intensity for the first game of a new coach

Would require a new game plan not the same one that has failed many times before i.e. wait until we're goals down at the end to have a go - HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE SEEN THIS NOW??

Mihocek is the classic second big. Does everything you want of a number 2 forward. With Elliot and DeGoey we have two amazing small forwards (who play like a third tall).

Could you imagine how that forward line would have looked with either Lynch or Cameron in it instead of COX!!!

Just poor timing. We played our cards in 2017/18 to try to win a flag. and went for Beams! We also were seduced by big Cox performance in 2018 prelim and Langdon's performance in the 2018 finals. All came back to bite us on the bum and cause salary cap issues.

Desperate measure but it was for the right reason. Its just in hindsight now that it looks awful and it is really going to hurt our next few years, but we'll live.

You just have to accept the errors and rebuild properly this time.

And you start a rebuild with 4-5 stars and then you add role players. where can we find those 4-5 stars.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:45 am

Mihocek does everything anyone should expect of him, and more

Imagine how much more screwed our salary cap would be if we had landed Lynch or Cameron

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:09 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Imagine how much more screwed our salary cap would be if we had landed Lynch or Cameron

I think you have to imagine a team where the Cox money was spent on Lynch and the Beams money was spent on one of the star Mids in the comp.

DT 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:04 am

I take quite a lot of positives from the match.

As some have said the ongoing development of Bianco and and Poulter. Cameron is contributing more consistently- good recruit.

I think if Moore had played we would have won. The spirit on the team is good. The attack was better but the defensive positioning was a bit worse and Freo scored a bit too easily.

IQ doesn’t get rattled even if he is not playing well which is a great sign. Grundy was excellent I thought and am surprised that people thought Lynch would be retained. He has promise but is still only just starting his senior career.

Adams will be better for the run and with JDG back next week it will mean no Cal Brown who should be traded or delisted as he is not up to it.

WHE and Thomas were both good, especially the former.

I agree that Keane should have played and am surprised he was not selected.

Cox has been out for a while so he did some nice things but was not influential. He will play more games but should be traded out at the end of this year. We need to increase his trade value before then.

I think if we add N Daicos and R McInnes next year we can continue to build our new midfield.

The key for improvement next year will be Kelly and Keane holding down spots

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:31 am

Went to the match. How disappointing.
Moore and DeGoey out were missed. Playing 3 talls against a fast team was a stupid decision at the selection table.

Does Grundy know how to ruck well? I don’t think so. If we want an extra mid then friggin’ play an extra mid. His opponent was a much better ruck for Freo by doing what one expects a ruck to do.

On the positive side it was great to see Bianco and Poulter play well. Shame about McCreery.

JT did well as did Noble despite some turnovers. IQ while quiet kept Wolters out of the game & I’ve seen Wolters rip us apart single handedly.

Their pace and foot skills were much superior to ours. A lack of defensive pressure for too much of the game allowed those qualities to beat us yesterday.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:14 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
The umpire was GOING to let it go until Maynard kept gobbing off, after holding on to the ball, and after watching the replay, and after giving the ball back Clear as daylight. Sick to death of this "we wuz robbed by the umps" culture

Not too sure anyone has said we were robbed. I thought the umpire was a bit too precious to call the 50 but shit happens. It was a more an under 10 umpiring call than at AFL level but the umpires are always trying to impress those officials who assess them from the stands so ultra technical decisions take place.
BTW you can lock it in that this umpire never played cricket🙄 He would have cried if he heard some of the vicious sledging on a cricket field. Soft to me.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:29 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
Lazza, Cam and Cameron Mooney say that Maynard's stupid 50 metres penalty stopped our momentum and probably cost us the match. That's clearly wrong.

Yes, it was a poor umpiring decision and yes, it was a bad time for Maynard to do a Heath Shaw impersonation and give away a goal. But that double incident did not stop our momentum nor cost us the match. We kicked the next 2 goals and got back in front. The second goal came from a chain started by Maynard with a brilliant run down and tackle. We then lost because Freo played some good footy and we couldn't sustain the pressure. Unusually we kicked 5 goals in the last quarter. Mostly this year our best quarters have been our first and we haven't scored much in the last quarter.

I don't share all of the criticism of Magden. He's become the modern day Jarryd Blair - the whipping boy. He'll probably never be a top-liner but he puts in and with Howe and Moore out of the side is valuable. If he were injured he'd be missed.

Yeh, agree with most of that, but that 50 mtr penalty against Maynard was a real punch in our guts, notwithstanding. Far as im concerned, if Moore had played, we would have won, hes that bloody vital to us, soon as he went out, i knew we would strugggle. Plus De Goey, thanks to weak as cats piss decisiion by bloody Christian and his friggin MRP, the one that let Sellwood clean off, after he clawed a players face. That hurt too, cost us. Rolling Eyes Surprised

You obviously didn’t watch the VFL. Keane and Tohill are better options in the backline.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:34 am

E wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

I think you have to imagine a team where the Cox money was spent on Lynch and the Beams money was spent on one of the star Mids in the comp.

To me this thinking achieves nothing. Rather learn from the mistakes and move on to influencing stuff in future that we have control over.

Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:13 am

piedys wrote:
We aren't going to win many games without Moore, let alone DeGoey.

But that's what you deserve for dropping a bloke like Lynch, who pantsed Gawn the round prior, for Cox. Idiocy at selection; but we have come to expect that.

Haven't got the heart to tell Pies4shaw that we played Freo, not WCE...

It's Important to know who we're playing when selecting the side - What a bright lot we are.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:29 am

Ah, yes - the old “cut and paste” got me, there.
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:33 am
Post subject: Re: Talls didn’t stand up!Reply with quote

Robbie wrote:
We all knew Darcy was going to be a huge loss however, Madgen is embarrassing, and we all know he only puts pressure on his own team. We won the last two games by hard defence and strong running support in attack. We have now reverted to the same stop/start play we know doesn’t work. Roughead needs to review how he wants to play now that Darcy isn’t there to cover his back as well.

I just hope Robert Harvey has some passion because it doesn’t look like it to me, and let’s not forget the team of losers he came from.

If you could pick a 26-year-old Robert Harvey, right now, would you?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:37 am

Unfortunately, when you’re a battler like Madgen, you get exposed very quickly at the top level of any sport.
Firstly, because of his limitations, he is way to easily exploited by the opposition when they roll over a small forward onto him.
You can also see he’s nervous everytime he is forced to take a kick from deep in the back line. There is absolutely no fluid movement about the way he plays and when you start self doubting and second guessing, it goes down hill very quickly.
Personally, I thought Madgen was an improved footballer earlier in the season ( albeit off a low base ) but his form has dropped away since those early rounds and his weaknesses become highlighted even further.

In truth, he’s doing nothing more than warming a spot until one of higher rated tall kids are ready, so I never quite understand all the abuse he cops.
Not everyone can be a superstar but it’s the unrealistic supporters who like to think everyone should be.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:08 pm

Just watched the highlights, my word we gifted them numerous goals, just some shocking errors that would make a schoolboy footballer blush, would have won easily without those.

And some of the umpiring, Freo were just handing it off rugby style before their second last goal, unbelievable

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:39 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Just watched the highlights, my word we gifted them numerous goals, just some shocking errors that would make a schoolboy footballer blush, would have won easily without those.

Agree ! and we do it every week. They are inexcusable execution errors but that’s what bottom teams do. And don’t we love to gift the opposition goals inside their own forward 50 metre line. I thought yesterday showed Moore is probably our most irreplaceable player in our team. We have soldiers who can replace others but the next man standing to replace Moore on our list is so far behind Moore, we are almost starting three / four goals down prior to the first bounce. Howe missing, also doesn’t help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: