Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dockers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
We aren't going to win many games without Moore, let alone DeGoey.

But that's what you deserve for dropping a bloke like Lynch, who pantsed Gawn the round prior, for Cox. Idiocy at selection; but we have come to expect that.

Haven't got the heart to tell Pies4shaw that we played Freo, not WCE...

Disagree re Lynch though agree he did nothing to deserve being dropped. Grundy had to come back in. I don’t see why Cox comes in though. Idiocy. Has done absolutely nothing to warrant a recall and made us far to top heavy. Gonna be a long road.

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:23 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Fremantle have a habit of beating us by a couple of goals,even in Melbourne,When was the last last time we actually beat them?

In 2018

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

Sounds like we had our chances...was Crisp's disposal really as bad as the radio commentators were saying?

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

Dockers still had chance to make the 8, i reckon that drove them too, umps were pretty crap as usual. We still have not been belted, in any loss, but im over these close losses now. sick of it now. Look, drop a few next week, we know who they are, and just play more kids, get more games into them, like young Kelly, bring him in, just keep playing kids, all we can do now, basically. Only one side wins the Premiership i guess, us and 16 other Clubs wont,

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Robbie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:27 pm
Post subject: Talls didn’t stand up!Reply with quote

We all knew Darcy was going to be a huge loss however, Madgen is embarrassing, and we all know he only puts pressure on his own team. We won the last two games by hard defence and strong running support in attack. We have now reverted to the same stop/start play we know doesn’t work. Roughead needs to review how he wants to play now that Darcy isn’t there to cover his back as well.

I just hope Robert Harvey has some passion because it doesn’t look like it to me, and let’s not forget the team of losers he came from.

Last edited by Robbie on Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:29 pm

Just not good enough when the game was on the line. Just a lot of poor discipline, poor decision making, poor skill execution and loose checking in defense in key moments.

The effort was there by most but we have many who either can't give any more or are not ready to give more....and we need more from many.

I think Cox is done now, again it just isn't working with Cameron in the side. Would have preferred Lynch who covers the ground better. Our half backs are of some concern. Maynard, Noble, IQ & Madgen, although they all give it their best their turnovers are killing us with rebound goals. Just killing us. We're giving up 4 or 5 goals a game just from these guys. They have to get better and tighten up their game if we are to improve.

Grundy did some good things but again we are just not getting the most out of his tap work, as always. The ball is going the other way too much from the stoppages. He wasn't the reason we lost but although he did kick a goal in the last I just wonder about his value given his cost. We were too top heavy today in any case.

The effort was admirable but honourable losses especially defeats in the last 5 minutues when you lose the arm wrestle is a sign of inexperience. Easy to say from the stands but we were found wanting in the end.

Just want to point out that our tackling execution was poor today, alot of half-tackles not sticking the arm allowing Freo player to still get the handball away was too prevelant. Really need to improve our tackling technique.

Overall, a good effort as always but bad loss, this should have been 4 points.

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:29 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Dockers still had chance to make the 8, i reckon that drove them too, umps were pretty crap as usual. We still have not been belted, in any loss, but im over these close losses now. sick of it now.
Only one side wins the Premiership i guess, us and 16 other Clubs wont,

The saving grace so far is that we haven't been kicked off the park... yet...

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:30 pm

Big T wrote:
I was happy with the coaching and performance and learnings. Freo are far better than most guve them credit for.

Yep, Freo are on the way up and so much more to play for.
Our boys all tried their best with great spirit and weren't disgraced.

Great to see Bianco with multiple goals. He's a skilled player.
If McCreery had not been sadly injured early on, I'm sure we would've created a few more goals.
I wish the more senior players had more faith in Poulter. So many times he was well in the clear but ignored for a marking contest instead.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:30 pm

piedys wrote:
We aren't going to win many games without Moore, let alone DeGoey.

But that's what you deserve for dropping a bloke like Lynch, who pantsed Gawn the round prior, for Cox. Idiocy at selection; but we have come to expect that.

Haven't got the heart to tell Pies4shaw that we played Freo, not WCE...

We dropped Lynch for Grundy, not for Cox. I think it was good that Harvey played Cox today. It is easy to say idiocy in selection from hindsight, but I don't think it was. We need to definitively assess Cox. I didnt think Cox was a disaster today. However, it was clear from today that we lack alot of pace when we play so many talls.
Harvey's career chances are being obliterated by the absence of Moore in defence. It was so clear today that without him as the central pivot of our defensive structures, and with Howe gone as well, our defence has had its heart ripped out. There is literally no one who can fill such gaping holes.
I thought Harvey might have tried Checkers down back to help out Madgen, since he wasnt doing too much up forward.
Grundy did not have a major impact I thought. Freo's ruck clearly won the contest.
.... will be interesting what transpires from here. But I was very disappointed that there seemed to be no real lift in intensity for the first game of a new coach.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:32 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Dockers still had chance to make the 8, i reckon that drove them too, umps were pretty crap as usual. We still have not been belted, in any loss, but im over these close losses now. sick of it now. Look, drop a few next week, we know who they are, and just play more kids, get more games into them, like young Kelly, bring him in, just keep playing kids, all we can do now, basically. Only one side wins the Premiership i guess, us and 16 other Clubs wont,

I don’t think you get it mate. The whole game plan is there to not get smashed. Setup behind the ball to not get hurt on the rebound completely at the expense of any attacking movement. The last two weeks we’ve shifted the dial a little but for some damn reason Harvey decided to shift it back.
I for one works like to see this team play to win games and see what’s there then! I don’t think we learn much for this crap.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:34 pm

We dominated play for most of the first quarter, then McCreery went off with hammie, Brown came on and the game changes from that moment forward.

Cox, Madgen and Brown are not the future.
Can someone please explain why Madgen gets picked before Kelly??

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:34 pm

lol - Harvey played 3 Ruckman and he wants the job at Collingwood.

The way the game is played today, you do not play 3 Ruckman. No run, no pressure, no nothing. I don't care if we won today, you DON'T play 3 Ruckman!!!

Play 2 Ruckman and get some run going especially when required towards the end of the game.

Seriously, I reckon a few of us could coach better.

No wonder he never got the job at Kangas - no idea.

And these guys reckon they know the game - give me a break!!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Id be more worried and stressed if we were being belted in each defeat, say by seven or eight goals. but we arent, not once. We hang in there, keep teams to relative low scores, but i am over these heartbreking close losses, im done iwith them. We really need to re juvenate our attack, play more kids, Kelly, and what about this young kid Ash, hes a forward isnt he, maybe give him a run now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:37 pm

slangman wrote:
We dominated play for most of the first quarter, then McCreery went off with hammie, Brown came on and the game changes from that moment forward.

Cox, Madgen and Brown are not the future.
Can someone please explain why Madgen gets picked before Kelly??

Are you really suggesting that the game changed when McCreery went off for Brown????

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:38 pm

This football club can change coaches every week of the season if they want to, but if you keep playing the likes of Mayne, Madgen Brown and I'll give him a small tick today, but Thomas wouldn't get into most teams top 30 , we are going absolutely nowhere. Why you would play Cox instead of Lynch and just leave Cameron at Ff is beyond my pay grade, Will Kelly would have to be better than Madgen even if he's only played 2 games and injured himself in both and ANYONE bar Callum Brown who must have played himself into the steak knife category. Mayne is just terrible and like an anchor.He stops momentum and basically is not worth persevering with . Wilson is a far better prospect.But!!! I've said it often.When these 4 names play in the same team, we WILL NOT win.Our main problem is how easily the ball comes out of our forward line. Everyone just seems to stand back and watch as the ball is effortlessly swept away and the question I ask ALL the time is WHERE are our small crumbing forwards ??And this is where my criticism of Thomas comes in, because he is NEVER about .Any way.Another lost opportunity.and the coach looked even more clueless than the last one.

Last edited by mudlark on Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12   

Jump to: