Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dockers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Piesnchess", ""umps were pretty crap as usual.

They weaved their magic when it counted P & C. The free and 50 against Maynard was a disgrace. Maynard stopped and never touched him and it was Maynard who got pushed out and then there was the goal Freo got when a Freo player clearly ran through the protected area and put his hand up and deflected the ball and they goaled. Should have been a 50 qtr penalty to Collingwood.

Last edited by mudlark on Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteveH67 

piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Dockers still had chance to make the 8, i reckon that drove them too, umps were pretty crap as usual. We still have not been belted, in any loss, but im over these close losses now. sick of it now.
Only one side wins the Premiership i guess, us and 16 other Clubs wont,

The saving grace so far is that we haven't been kicked off the park... yet...

I suspect we might see some blow-outs against us late in the season, when the kids were are playing drop off.

slangman 

Magpietothemax wrote:
slangman wrote:
We dominated play for most of the first quarter, then McCreery went off with hammie, Brown came on and the game changes from that moment forward.

Cox, Madgen and Brown are not the future.
Can someone please explain why Madgen gets picked before Kelly??

Are you really suggesting that the game changed when McCreery went off for Brown????

Yep.
Whether it’s purely coincidental or not is debatable but that was my observation at the ground.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:45 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
piedys wrote:
We aren't going to win many games without Moore, let alone DeGoey.

But that's what you deserve for dropping a bloke like Lynch, who pantsed Gawn the round prior, for Cox. Idiocy at selection; but we have come to expect that.

We dropped Lynch for Grundy, not for Cox. I think it was good that Harvey played Cox today. It is easy to say idiocy in selection from hindsight, but I don't think it was. We need to definitively assess Cox.
I didnt think Cox was a disaster today. However, it was clear from today that we lack alot of pace when we play so many talls. Grundy did not have a major impact I thought. Freo's ruck clearly won the contest.

We know Grundy plays when fit; end of story.
Cox wasn't a necessary selection, and had ZERO form to validate his inclusion; he needs VFL time at present. As others had pointed out, Cameron or Mihocek could have played defence if required, leaving Lynch to help in ruck. Perhaps we were one tall too many today, yet nobody put on Lobb?

Magpietothemax wrote:
Harvey's career chances are being obliterated by the absence of Moore in defence. It was so clear today that without him as the central pivot of our defensive structures, and with Howe gone as well, our defence has had its heart ripped out. There is literally no one who can fill such gaping holes.
I thought Harvey might have tried Checkers down back to help out Madgen, since he wasnt doing too much up forward.

.... will be interesting what transpires from here. But I was very disappointed that there seemed to be no real lift in intensity for the first game of a new coach.

So true; the "absence of Moore and Howe" will be a catch cry for us over the remaining eight rounds, as we bemoan the chasm they leave in D50.
Yes, Harvey at a pronounced disadvantage once Moore went down at SCG.

As long as we have a crack each week until end of 2021, who cares.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Haff wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Dockers still had chance to make the 8, i reckon that drove them too, umps were pretty crap as usual. We still have not been belted, in any loss, but im over these close losses now. sick of it now. Look, drop a few next week, we know who they are, and just play more kids, get more games into them, like young Kelly, bring him in, just keep playing kids, all we can do now, basically. Only one side wins the Premiership i guess, us and 16 other Clubs wont,

I don’t think you get it mate. The whole game plan is there to not get smashed. Setup behind the ball to not get hurt on the rebound completely at the expense of any attacking movement. The last two weeks we’ve shifted the dial a little but for some damn reason Harvey decided to shift it back.
I for one works like to see this team play to win games and see what’s there then! I don’t think we learn much for this crap.

I get it, yes, but it would sure help if we had two key forwards, a real CHF like Cloke was, and a real FF, Mihochek tries, but hes not a Cameron type of forward. Defenders save games , forwards win them, and we just lack key forwards, Ben Brown cant get a game at the Deees, i wanted us to try and get him, at least hes a mobile big target, but we didnt. Maybe this young kid Ash Thompson, big lad ,might be an answer, raw as hell yes but ihe would have to be an improvement. Last week we did show we can attack and win, i have no idea why we didnt show same flair as last game, a mystery there, but we sure need to recapture it. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:49 pm

I am a Fan of Grundy but I do feel Darcy Beat him in the Ruck. Pushed him Around to Easily.

Crisp was a Turnover Merchant.

Bianco and Poulter where Quite but both had some Very Good/Promising Moments.

Harvey is worse then Bucks as Head Coach. Attack for 1 Qtr and Play Crap for 3qtrs

Backline was Terrible as got Caught out Back a Lot. No Wonder they where Crap with Sanderson Coaching Them.

Yes we need to play more then 1 Qtr of Footy to win Games but that was the Biggest Screwjobs by Cheating Scumps since the 2017 Queens Birthday Game.

The Scump who paid the Free and 50 Against Maynard should be Fired.

Scumps where Freo best Player Today

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:51 pm

mudlark wrote:
This football club can change coaches every week of the season if they want to, but if you keep playing the likes of Mayne, Madgen Brown and I'll give him a small tick today, but Thomas wouldn't get into most teams top 30 , we are going absolutely nowhere. Why you would play Cox instead of Lynch and just leave Cameron at Ff is beyond my pay grade, Will Kelly would have to be better than Madgen even if he's only played 2 games and injured himself in both and ANYONE bar Callum Brown who must have played himself into the steak knife category. Mayne is just terrible and like an anchor.He stops momentum and basically is not persevering with . Wilson is a far better prospect.But!!! I've said it often.When these 4 names play in the same team, we WILL NOT win.Our main problem is how easily the ball comes out of our forward line. Everyone just seems to stand back and watch as the ball is effortlessly swept away and the question I ask ALL the time is WHERE are our small crumbing forwards ??And this is where my criticism of Thomas comes in, because he is NEVER about .Any way.Another lost opportunity.and the coach looked even more clueless than the last one.

Look, this was a bad performance, and the balance of the team was not right. The loss of JDG was really telling, as I am sure that had a huge impact on our midfield drive and hence the potency of Jamie Elliott. The loss of Moore in our defence is going to have a really major impact for the rest of the year unfortunately.
I am not unhappy that Harvey tried the three pronged talls, but clearly this won't work due to our lack of pace.
The main worry for me is how flat we looked, for the first game of a new coach.
To me, this suggests that the players were simply enacting what they already knew. Harvey is part of the Bux entourage, and inertia seemed to be a factor.
I hope Harvey can make some different selections and try different approaches, but
a) maybe he is too firmly aligned with the previous coaching regime to be able to make any significant changes
b) maybe he lacks adequate personnel. I think the loss of both Moore and Howe will prove in the next few weeks to be a devastating blow.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:52 pm

I enjoyed the game. It was nice to see us take on the game in parts, particularly in the last quarter to get back in front being 3 goals down.

I can accept the team is in a rebuild if the team shows heart like that.

Found myself getting quite excited in the last quarter.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:53 pm

11,570 in attendance today.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:54 pm

I have a feeling that the scoreline would have been a lot lower if Buckley had still been the coach.I don’t really know why the club didn’t allow him to coach out the season when he was prepared to do so.Having Harvey coach for nine weeks,without having any chance of being the next full time coach,seems pretty pointless to me.

But hey,look on the bright side.We kicked 12 goals today,that’s six times as many as Richmond kicked last night!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:56 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I have a feeling that the scoreline would have been a lot lower if Buckley had still been the coach.I don’t really know why the club didn’t allow him to coach out the season when he was prepared to do so.Having Harvey coach for nine weeks,without having any chance of being the next full time coach,seems pretty pointless to me.

But hey,look on the bright side.We kicked 12 goals today,that’s six times as many as Richmond kicked last night!

Do you mean that if bux had been coaching, we would have kicked fewer than 12 goals...or do you mean that if Bux had been coaching, we would have lost by less than 12 points???

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Jezza wrote:

Pretty sure the pandemic has more to do with that.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Do you mean that if bux had been coaching, we would have kicked fewer than 12 goals...or do you mean that if Bux had been coaching, we would have lost by less than 12 points???

I mean the total scores would have been lower.Both sides would have kicked less than 12 and 14 goals.But if we had won,who knows?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Haff wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Pretty sure the pandemic has more to do with that.

Of course.

I didn’t attend. First game I’ve missed in Vic since 2018.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
mudlark wrote:
This football club can change coaches every week of the season if they want to, but if you keep playing the likes of Mayne, Madgen Brown and I'll give him a small tick today, but Thomas wouldn't get into most teams top 30 , we are going absolutely nowhere. Why you would play Cox instead of Lynch and just leave Cameron at Ff is beyond my pay grade, Will Kelly would have to be better than Madgen even if he's only played 2 games and injured himself in both and ANYONE bar Callum Brown who must have played himself into the steak knife category. Mayne is just terrible and like an anchor.He stops momentum and basically is not persevering with . Wilson is a far better prospect.But!!! I've said it often.When these 4 names play in the same team, we WILL NOT win.Our main problem is how easily the ball comes out of our forward line. Everyone just seems to stand back and watch as the ball is effortlessly swept away and the question I ask ALL the time is WHERE are our small crumbing forwards ??And this is where my criticism of Thomas comes in, because he is NEVER about .Any way.Another lost opportunity.and the coach looked even more clueless than the last one.

Look, this was a bad performance, and the balance of the team was not right. The loss of JDG was really telling, as I am sure that had a huge impact on our midfield drive and hence the potency of Jamie Elliott. The loss of Moore in our defence is going to have a really major impact for the rest of the year unfortunately.
I am not unhappy that Harvey tried the three pronged talls, but clearly this won't work due to our lack of pace.
The main worry for me is how flat we looked, for the first game of a new coach.
To me, this suggests that the players were simply enacting what they already knew. Harvey is part of the Bux entourage, and inertia seemed to be a factor.
I hope Harvey can make some different selections and try different approaches, but
a) maybe he is too firmly aligned with the previous coaching regime to be able to make any significant changes
b) maybe he lacks adequate personnel. I think the loss of both Moore and Howe will prove in the next few weeks to be a devastating blow.

I hear what you're saying MTM,BUT!! You don't replace the like of Darcy Moore with Madgen. Not only is he NOT a CHB , he's not a senior player. Will Kelly is the future and he should have came in. WHY play Cox when we just drafted an exciting young man who was born with a football in his arms, can take a mark and kick a goal from anywhere going by his highlights package and thats young Johnstone. Just look what Cox did when he DIDN'T kick for goal from 45 mtrs but instead passed it off and Freo kicked 2 goals in a minute from THAT mistake.It's footy NOUS that counts and this is why Harvey brought absolutely NOTHING to the table today and if he continues playing these spuds the results won't change.We need a complete clean out and tell the players that won't be there next year you won't be playing seniors any more and continue to blood the youth, just like every other club does except ours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: