Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dockers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When we had the momentum in the last we had a glimmer but cue the maggots, then goal and we can’t wrestle it back for long enough after that. I loved the come back but g&t is not the way forward for longevity. We need to tread carefully now with whom we choose as coach as there is plenty to work with. The young men who played today are getting better by the week. Poulter, Cameron and bianco kept us in it with only few of our regular good senior players.
I’m not sure what to do with the backline now missing Moore but Madgen unfortunately is scary.
Grundy was horrible and if it wasn’t for him loosing fatty Darcy to creep in and chip in for a couple he would have nightmares tonight.
List depth is our Achilles heal and it’s evident with players such as noble, Cox, Madgen, Mayne and Thomas and brown. That’s 1/3 of our players who we fielded today. The results won’t change but why can’t the selectors.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:16 pm

We lost this one at selection. Not sure how much input Harvey would have had in the final make up of the side but if he thinks bringing back Mason Cox was a good idea, he should be embarrassed.

Harvey had nothing to lose, so why not stick with Lynch (who’d performed well enough) and also get rid of players everyone in the footy world knows are not up to standard...

If Harvey really wanted to show any future employers he’s worthy, he would never have played Madgen. He would have been bold and picked a kid. Which kid you may ask.... any one of them!!!!

Instead, her brings back Cox and perseveres with hacks like Madgen.

This reason alone is enough to deem him unemployed in 2022.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:18 pm

mudlark wrote:

I hear what you're saying MTM,BUT!! You don't replace the like of Darcy Moore with Madgen. Not only is he NOT a CHB , he's not a senior player. Will Kelly is the future and he should have came in. WHY play Cox when we just drafted an exciting young man who was born with a football in his arms, can take a mark and kick a goal from anywhere going by his highlights package and thats round Johnstone. just look what Cox did when he DIDN'T kick for goal from 45 mtrs b but instead passed it off and Freo kicked 2 goals in a minute from THAT mistake.It's footy NOUS that counts and this is why Harvey brought absolutely NOTHING to the table today and if he continues playing these spuds the results won't change.We need a complete clean outsell the players that won't be there next year you won't be playing seniors any more and continue to blood the youth, just like every other club does except ours.

Yes, I think you are right about what should happen next week in selections. Bold decisions should be made. However, we had lots of really young/inexperienced players in our team today: Poulter, Bianco, Murphy, McCreery, ... I don't think dropping all our experienced players and bringing in debutantes is intelligent. You need to do it in a phased manner, so that the debutantes still have enough experienced players around them for support.

Cox in and of himself was not the reason why we lost today. The main reason we lost I feel was the absence of Moore's intercept marking, and also a real regression in our skills compared with last week. Also the selection of three talls cost us too much in pace, and Harvey needs to make sure he doesnt repeat this.

Agree that Harvey now has to find create ways of selecting young players (Johnstone, Kelly especially, along with Keane and Wilson) going forward. But you can't just do it by throwing them all in at once.

I certainly don't believe Harvey will be our coach in 2022, and I certainly don't want him to be. He is totally part of the old coaching methods, and we need a totally new approach. However, I am not going to be mercilessly attacking him over the next 9 games, just because he can't turn around a ship that has been off course for a long time.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:19 pm

Thought Murphy was pretty good today as a deep defender rather than up the ground. He played on their in form man child ( Treacy ) and had the better of him. I reckon Murphy is a better player when the game is in front of him rather than around him.
He might yet settle into the back six for the rest of the season.
Heaps of courage and a neat user of the footy who doesn’t bite off too much.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:22 pm

We were outclassed in key moments, but I thought our effort was decent for the most part. Just didn't execute well at crucial stages.

McCreery going down early was a big moment, as he's been our best forward for applying pressure on the ball carrier. Outside of Elliott, our forward line was too top heavy with Cox, Cameron and Mihocek.

Cox is done. We simply need to move on from him.

In terms of the coaching, I didn't expect any radical changes. We have to understand Harvey's been at the club for 10 years so I would assume his coaching philosophy and strategy is similar to Buckley. I would be shocked if he was made permanent coach from 2022 onwards.

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Pies2016 wrote:
Thought Murphy was pretty good today as a deep defender rather than up the ground. He played on their in form man child ( Treacy ) and had the better of him. I reckon Murphy is a better player when the game is in front of him rather than around him.

Agree. He looked really good reading the play, taking some impressive marks...he looked almost Darcy Moore like...(here's hoping!)....

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Pies2016 wrote:

Agree. He looked really good reading the play, taking some impressive marks...he looked almost Darcy Moore like...(here's hoping!)....

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:24 pm

We lost this game at the selection table imo. Our forward line was way too slow and top heavy. As I feared, Cox was a liability....again.

I feel sorry for Maynard, as the umpire was wrong in awarding the free against him, but he should have been smarter than swearing at the umpire. Not good.

Our defence is clearly going to struggle for the remainder of the season without Moore. All we can do is play better in the midfield and restrict opposition forward moves. De Goey's return should improve our midfield.

Great to see Bianco play well again. This kid is going to be captain one day.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:28 pm

We have had a really poor record at home against interstate sides in recent years.It’s like we don’t have any home ground advantage at all against these teams.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:30 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
We lost this game at the selection table imo. Our forward line was way too slow and top heavy. As I feared, Cox was a liability....again.

I feel sorry for Maynard, as the umpire was wrong in awarding the free against him, but he should have been smarter than swearing at the umpire. Not good.

Our defence is clearly going to struggle for the remainder of the season without Moore. All we can do is play better in the midfield and restrict opposition forward moves. De Goey's return should improve our midfield.

Great to see Bianco play well again. This kid is going to be captain one day.

I was disappointed to see that Harvey didnt try moving Checkers (or Cameron) backto support our Mooreless defence, and instead try another player with more pace to go forward. It seemed to me that there were a few possiblilities that he didnt explore

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:33 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
We have had a really poor record at home against interstate sides in recent years.It’s like we don’t have any home ground advantage at all against these teams.

Agree. Only 2 wins in the last 11 against interstate teams at home.

Round 15 2021 vs Fremantle (L)
Round 10 2021 vs Port Adelaide (L)
Round 7 2021 vs Gold Coast (L)
Round 4 2021 vs GWS (L)
Round 3 2021 vs Brisbane (L)
Prelim Final 2019 vs GWS (L)
Round 20 2019 vs Gold Coast (W)
Round 11 2019 vs Fremantle (L)
Round 7 2019 vs Port Adelaide (W)
Round 3 2019 vs West Coast (L)
Grand Final 2018 vs West Coast (L)

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:36 pm

Jezza wrote:
I would be shocked if I was made permanent coach from 2022 onwards.

Some of us would be, too, Jezza! Laughing

Good luck with the application, though. Wink
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:37 pm

Jezza wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Agree. Only 2 wins in the last 11 against interstate teams at home.

Round 15 2021 vs Fremantle (L)
Round 10 2021 vs Port Adelaide (L)
Round 7 2021 vs Gold Coast (L)
Round 4 2021 vs GWS (L)
Round 3 2021 vs Brisbane (L)
Prelim Final 2019 vs GWS (L)
Round 20 2019 vs Gold Coast (W)
Round 11 2019 vs Fremantle (L)
Round 7 2019 vs Port Adelaide (W)
Round 3 2019 vs West Coast (L)
Grand Final 2018 vs West Coast (L)

Hell that is bad.
Maybe we should demand that we always play away games against interstate teams???

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:
I would be shocked if I was made permanent coach from 2022 onwards.

Some of us would be, too, Jezza! Laughing

Good luck with the application, though. Wink

Always check what you write before you post Laughing Embarassed

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:39 pm

As dumb as Maynard was for giving away the 50, that was a bullshit free to Henry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: