Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dockers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly enjoyed being a part of an intimate crowd for an exciting match in Banger's first drive.
Reading through the comments in this thread brings warmth as a lot of us are seeing the same things and supporter harmony has spiked to decade-highs.

Beams deal disaster is the one that we don't talk about much, or I don't know the full story of. The due-diligence must have been so neglectful.
That deal must be the catalyst for the Treloar decisions from which we have not spiritually recovered. I'm frightened how deep the real story goes.
Losing Stepho and Tommy(for unders) also nasty related-wounds.

Wrighty and Dekker have some big list decisions for sure and a tough gig.
Still .. I like those solid hands on the wheel. It is important we see Magden, Cox and Brown have the right opportunities.

Yesterday we were again not physically strong enough at Docklands but we were good enough if we move the ball with Bulldog-like hand speed, through the middle at every available opportunity.
DeGoey and McCeery would probably have been enough to tip those scales so we get the win.

OBSERVATIONS:
I was surprised Pendles spent so much time in the middle.
He is far from a dominant centre-clearance player and to me would be 10x more value playing the Heppell role and swinging forward if the ball is coming out of the middle already. To me his lack of pace is hurting us and he may be carrying something, because we needed more yesterday.

Adams must have paced himself through his return from injury. Disappointed for 3-qtrs & then he got frantic busy.
I was staggered some have him as our best.

Mundy is a very smart footballer.

Their ruckman is a beast and Cameron got owned and is currently over rated. Grundy was inspirational. I'd love to get the scores with Grundy on the ground versus off the ground.
I plea to those sh%tting on him to ease up, but maybe he should take a tiny haircut, for his own sake.

To me they targeted Grundy's back/neck and Cox's head/eye. I'd be studying the tapes and collecting evidence for internal and external use. Some of those umpires were not up to scratch.

The Freo players looked to have a conditioning edge over us and they used it.

My two favourite players were both excellent.
Maynard started slow but is such a fantastic footballer. His commitment level is why sometimes things like that happen and he will keep on getting better and better.
Jamie is a superstar and underrated leader.

Thomas and Hosk have had their best 6 weeks of footy since 2018 and both in good form.

Daicos started up on the wing a lot of the game, but always went inside. I was confused with what his role was, as he never really threatened. I noted some great comments about him getting more attention which I'll watch out for. He is too good to set and forget.

Jack also disappointed a little but tried harder as the game evolved.

Browny had to be used more in the center and Pendles less.

Roughy was inspirational and kept very busy. I can't believe his commitment to his club and teammates.

I like Murphy a lot and has already proven he can play everywhere and do very well.

Nobes particularly and maybe IQ or Poults might be soon ready for a 3 week mental freshen-up in the paddock. All keepers so no need to push it and we need urgently to see if Cox, Lynch, Brown, Magden can find the confidence to fulfil their potential.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Great summary, CBC, which I really enjoyed reading. I agree totally with your comments and would like to point out in particular your comment about C Brown. I think we have to give him in the remaining part of the year every opportunity to see what he is capable of by playing him totally in the centre as an inside mid.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:00 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

To me his lack of pace is hurting us and he may be carrying something, because we needed more yesterday.

I believe he's been carrying cracked or broken ribs for a few games now. That could explain any less than stellar contribution.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:00 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
Lazza, Cam and Cameron Mooney say that Maynard's stupid 50 metres penalty stopped our momentum and probably cost us the match. That's clearly wrong.

Yes, it was a poor umpiring decision and yes, it was a bad time for Maynard to do a Heath Shaw impersonation and give away a goal. But that double incident did not stop our momentum nor cost us the match. We kicked the next 2 goals and got back in front. The second goal came from a chain started by Maynard with a brilliant run down and tackle. We then lost because Freo played some good footy and we couldn't sustain the pressure. Unusually we kicked 5 goals in the last quarter. Mostly this year our best quarters have been our first and we haven't scored much in the last quarter.

I don't share all of the criticism of Magden. He's become the modern day Jarryd Blair - the whipping boy. He'll probably never be a top-liner but he puts in and with Howe and Moore out of the side is valuable. If he were injured he'd be missed.

Yeh, agree with most of that, but that 50 mtr penalty against Maynard was a real punch in our guts, notwithstanding. Far as im concerned, if Moore had played, we would have won, hes that bloody vital to us, soon as he went out, i knew we would strugggle. Plus De Goey, thanks to weak as cats piss decisiion by bloody Christian and his friggin MRP, the one that let Sellwood clean off, after he clawed a players face. That hurt too, cost us. Rolling Eyes Surprised

You obviously didn’t watch the VFL. Keane and Tohill are better options in the backline.

Thats good, but with all due respect, neither Keane or Tohill can be put in the same class as Moore yet, surely ?? Darcy is a massive loss for us. Masssive. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:28 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
Lazza, Cam and Cameron Mooney say that Maynard's stupid 50 metres penalty stopped our momentum and probably cost us the match. That's clearly wrong.

Yes, it was a poor umpiring decision and yes, it was a bad time for Maynard to do a Heath Shaw impersonation and give away a goal. But that double incident did not stop our momentum nor cost us the match. We kicked the next 2 goals and got back in front. The second goal came from a chain started by Maynard with a brilliant run down and tackle. We then lost because Freo played some good footy and we couldn't sustain the pressure. Unusually we kicked 5 goals in the last quarter. Mostly this year our best quarters have been our first and we haven't scored much in the last quarter.

Yeh, agree with most of that, but that 50 mtr penalty against Maynard was a real punch in our guts, notwithstanding. Far as im concerned, if Moore had played, we would have won, hes that bloody vital to us, soon as he went out, i knew we would strugggle. Plus De Goey, thanks to weak as cats piss decisiion by bloody Christian and his friggin MRP, the one that let Sellwood clean off, after he clawed a players face. That hurt too, cost us. Rolling Eyes Surprised

Yep Piesnchess, it was utterly despicable that Selwood got just a fine. Mad

Brayden Maynard was criticized by quite a few on here earlier in the season for lacking his customary passion and application. He brought all his fire and determination back in full for Buck's game and had a blinder. Yesterday, he continued in this vein and when faced with a inexplicably poor umpiring decision, his frustration boiled over. It's just impossible for players like Bruzzy (and Heater Smile ) to be raging bulls one second and compliant and calm the next, especially in the face of such an extraordinary umpiring blunder. Plus, as Harrysz mentioned above, the character of Maynard is such that he atoned for his "mistake' almost immediately.

I would much rather gift a goal to the opposition as a result of a bubbling over of passion, than poor skill execution (sorry for the mention Madge - you tried hard as always). The hysterical condemnation of Maynard by some in the media was as usual, over the top IMHO.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:37 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

Yep Piesnchess, it was utterly despicable that Selwood got just a fine. Mad

Brayden Maynard was criticized by quite a few on here earlier in the season for lacking his customary passion and application. He brought all his fire and determination back in full for Buck's game and had a blinder. Yesterday, he continued in this vein and when faced with a inexplicably poor umpiring decision, his frustration boiled over. It's just impossible for players like Bruzzy (and Heater Smile ) to be raging bulls one second and compliant and calm the next, especially in the face of such an extraordinary umpiring blunder. Plus, as Harrysz mentioned above, the character of Maynard is such that he atoned for his "mistake' almost immediately.

I would much rather gift a goal to the opposition as a result of a bubbling over of passion, than poor skill execution (sorry for the mention Madge - you tried hard as always). The hysterical condemnation of Maynard by some in the media was as usual, over the top IMHO.

100%

and sick of selwood getting away with murder!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:09 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

I will always bemoan dipshit Judkins passing over this guy in 2003ND; inexcusable.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:13 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

To me his lack of pace is hurting us and he may be carrying something, because we needed more yesterday.

I believe he's been carrying cracked or broken ribs for a few games now. That could explain any less than stellar contribution.

Maybe he should tell the coach it's not the best idea to leave him in the middle for 90% game time?
It is not inspiring to anyone watching opponents run past him at the speed of light into an undermanned backline.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Yeah, but not worth 50. Umpire should have let it go. Clearly awarded 50 because he was cut: maynard pointed out he was wrong.

Agree. This umpire needs to harden the **** up and get a thick skin🤬 weak as………

Abusing an umpire is a 50 any day of the week. Maynard must have been aggrieved because he is a smarter player than that.

We lost this game by 2 goals and the umpires horrendous mistakes were the cause of them both. The Maynard one of course which should never have progressed to where it did and was, in fact, agree kick TO Maynard for a high fend off.The other, which hasn't been talked about much, was a markin our backline and Maynard ran past the player on the boundary side and a Freo player ran past Poulter,I think it was on the OTHER side just as he was about to kick it and put his hand up, deflecting the ball to a Freo player for a goal.A clear cut 50 m penalty to Collingwood for running through the protected area.The commentators had a chuckle about it with a "No doubt a 50" but Freo are playing well aren't they!!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:51 pm

Cam wrote:
- Not sure Cox has ever played well at Marvel.
- Poulter and Bianco continue to grow in stature and poise.
- Cox's rusty goal kicking and other forwards/mids multiple unselfish acts of stupidity instead of shots at goal cost us dearly in the end.
- Grundy is worth two players, he is like an extra mid - people overlook that, and offsets some of the centre bounce stuff to a degree - thought he was one of our best but his opponent was possibly BOG in the end, which is interesting.
- Noble is one player who is creative and daring, can't afford him to be out of the team, he is not afraid to go through the middle and usually hits the target. Crisp is another like this.
- Quaynor had a mare for 3/4s and then contributed well in the last.
- Pendles still does alot of good for an old man.
- Sidebottom should have more shots for goal.
- Moving Elliott into the centre square was done too late.
- Freo regularly outran our guys to establish outside position to bring the ball down the flanks.
- Daicos has had minders alot more this season and often struggles to have an impact dealing with close attention.
- Mayne is a good mentor and steadying presence.
- Cal Brown is an inside mid and unless he plays there will struggle in pretty much every other position.
- Freo locked us down in the 3rd with the way they zoned up, but we managed to get rolling until the infamous Maynard free stopped our momentum for long enough for Freo to get a match winning lead.
- WHE is contributing more often.

I note you didn't and don't mention Miochec. He's a liability and continuously lets the side down with his goal kicking, His dropped marks and his falling over at every contest. I say the sooner they get Ash Johnstone in his place, the better we will be.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:25 pm

I thought Grundys first half was woeful and he was far better in the second, but he did get beaten in the day regardless of stats
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:39 pm

Do you think he was beaten by a better opponent or was it a careless attitude? I have worried about Grundy’s form consistency since his massive contract extension.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
Do you think he was beaten by a better opponent or was it a careless attitude? I have worried about Grundy’s form consistency since his massive contract extension.

Lazza he’s careless attitude has been reworded as “he’s a different cat” or something along those lines. I also caught a glimpse of he and adams ignore each other after a Grundy goal. May be nothing to talk about but a contract like Grundys doesn’t go without enormous value expectations amongst peers.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:46 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Beams deal disaster is the one that we don't talk about much, or I don't know the full story of. The due-diligence must have been so neglectful.
That deal must be the catalyst for the Treloar decisions from which we have not spiritually recovered. I'm frightened how deep the real story goes.
Losing Stepho and Tommy(for unders) also nasty related-wounds.

Gleason reported that the Board put "strong pressure" on the footy dept to get Beams and retain Grundy. The Board should not have interfered in footy stuff.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:48 pm

piedys wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

I will always bemoan dipshit Judkins passing over this guy in 2003ND; inexcusable.

Is having a fine year. Could win Freo's B&F and poll well in the Brownlow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: