Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 12 v Zebras.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Ginnivan gets a chance in the seniors before the end of the year.
He’s a super smart player, one touch and a lovely shot on goal.
Can read a ball off the pack too.
Henry will take time but his hands and leap are exceptional. Doesn’t look four quarter fit just yet.
Ruscoe looked more likely in defence but Keane and Wilson did all the heavy lifting in the backline.
McMahon with a likely concussion test but he walked off under his own steam …..kinda.
Overall, a very good team effort for the last three quarters against Sandy.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:59 pm

Ginnivan will be unlikely to play under this coaching regime - he isn't defensive enough. It's appalling to see forwards backing themselves to kick goals and midfielders like Brown let off the leash to run free in the midfield, instead of tackling from the forward pocket. What are they thinking?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:45 pm

^ ^ ^

Yes, there’s a bit of old school forward about him. He would prefer to be where the ball is rather than where his opponent is.
There’s obviously plenty he needs to work on but he strikes me as a player who doesn’t need many chances to make a scoreboard impact.
It’s not like there would be many keeping him out in the seniors.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:50 pm

^ I'm not saying that as a criticism of the kid. It's an indictment of the morons who pick the team and set the game plan.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:57 pm

You'd think there is more future in playing Ginnivan ahead of Thomas, Wilson ahead of Madgen and Henry ahead of Cox.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:52 pm

^. ^ ^

It might be they just decided these guys needed to reviewed under game conditions once again before they decide to pull the trigger on a couple of them. At least I hope that’s why.

Of all of them ( today ) I find it hard to believe Keane hasn’t deserved another chance by now.
Brown just needs to be played in the guts for extended periods until the quick hands and decision making are consistently better than VFL standard ( as they were today ) As most of us understand, theres no use Brown coming back into the seniors until they are prepared to make him part of the mid field rotation. He will never be much chop by foot, so he either makes it as an inside mid or bust.
I’m a Ginnivan fan. He’s still only eighteen, so even if we don’t see him this year, he’s only a gut busting pre season away from getting his chance in 2022. More than anything, he’s a natural forward !

As they say, player development isn’t for the impatient.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:56 pm

100% agree with Pies2016 and Pies4Shaw. Selection of the senior team for a fortnight under Robert Harvey has been a joke. As they say you dig your own grave and Robert Harvey has been digging his. I doubt he'll make the same errors with team selection three weeks in a row. The one to follow is Clarkson. He has a worse list than Collingwood but always pays attention to the spine of the team and having the right mixture of pace and skills in the midfield.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:22 pm

Not a bad bunch of recruits we got in the last 2 years. Plenty of potential in all of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: