Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Vaccine - had it or will have it?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you had or will you be having the Vaccine?
Yes - I had the AstraZeneca
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Yes - I had the Pfizer
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
No. I'm over 60, I don't want AZ, I'll wait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No. I'm 40-60, I don't want the AZ, I'm trying to get the Pfizer
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I'm under 40, I don't want the AZ, I'll wait.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I can't take the AZ, Dr's orders, I'm not eligible for Pfizer, I'll wait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You're not sticking that untested poison in my arm
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
What's a Vaccine?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alcohol kills covid, if I stay drunk I can't catch it.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I'll take any vaccine but I can't get in to get it
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much about too early, it's about changing the message on deaths.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:14 pm

Right now, it's too early. There is simply not enough vaccine coverage to open up, yet. That becomes a possible topic of discussion when you have a take-up upwards of 60% coverage (how far upwards, I'll leave to the modeling experts). At some stage, it becomes a risk that we manage, a bit like we manage the flu (but only a bit, since the flu is thought to be far less infectious and is certainly far less dangerous) - but if we opened up, now, there'd certainly be carnage.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:31 pm

I agree that now is way too early. My argument is that while Australia sought to eliminate the virus and therefore consequent deaths, other countries couldn't so had to accept a level of casualties that we would not.

We've become insulated. We have states that lock down on 2-3 daily cases. That message will need to change, at the appropriate time. We've used fear to subjugate the populace, to move forward we need to stop that learn to accept a "reasonable" number of deaths.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Right now, it's too early. There is simply not enough vaccine coverage to open up, yet. That becomes a possible topic of discussion when you have a take-up upwards of 60% coverage (how far upwards, I'll leave to the modeling experts). At some stage, it becomes a risk that we manage, a bit like we manage the flu (but only a bit, since the flu is thought to be far less infectious and is certainly far less dangerous) - but if we opened up, now, there'd certainly be carnage.

I was thinking more around 90% before you start opening up the Country as 60% still seems a Bit Low

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:23 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I was thinking more around 90% before you start opening up the Country as 60% still seems a Bit Low

You'll never get 90, UK is opening up at only 50%, even the US is below 50.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:00 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

You'll never get 90, UK is opening up at only 50%, even the US is below 50.

I just think that is Too Low and Cause more Issues then Fixing issues

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:40 pm

Just on the poll result so far, I'm surprised that we have no 40-60 or 60+ who don't want AZ and are holding out for Pfizer. Confused
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Just on the poll result so far, I'm surprised that we have no 40-60 or 60+ who don't want AZ and are holding out for Pfizer. Confused

Guess they just have to wait quite awhile for there Jabs.

In QLD they are telling the old people who have NOT been Vaccinated is to Stay Home and don't leave there house

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Dandrews has been quoted as saying that once everyone in Victoria has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, we open right up and no more lockdowns.
Not going to lockdown and punish the majority of people to protect those who had their chance but didn't do it.

If this is accurate, I heartily endorse this approach.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dandrews has been quoted as saying that once everyone in Victoria has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, we open right up and no more lockdowns.
Not going to lockdown and punish the majority of people to protect those who had their chance but didn't do it.

If this is accurate, I heartily endorse this approach.

I also agree with that but it does also depend on how many take it up to get Vaccinated.

Get at least 75%-80% then you should not Punish the People who are doing the Right Thing

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:37 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

In QLD they are telling the old people who have NOT been Vaccinated is to Stay Home and don't leave there house

Whilst also telling people who haven’t been vaccinated don’t go to your gp and get AZ, don’t make an appointment with your GP for Pfizer either, wait three months until the state can vaccine you with Pfizer…
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:51 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Whilst also telling people who haven’t been vaccinated don’t go to your gp and get AZ, don’t make an appointment with your GP for Pfizer either, wait three months until the state can vaccine you with Pfizer…

Said the Older People would be put at the end of the Line for Pfizer Jab

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:05 am

David wrote:
In all seriousness, I’m in the absolute lowest priority group for these vaccines...

Surely Nick's moderators are classified as essential workers? And all that spittle you have to avoid!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:54 pm

I think I heard Dr. Norman Swan state that we'd need to vaccinate those aged from 12 years old if we want to achieve the percentage required for herd immunity.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Swan has had basically a 50% track record of being right in recent times. The USA are doing everyone over 12 but they have enough vaccine to do the rest of the world.

I don't think we'll ever achieve herd immunity, there's going to be enough places that don't get high levels of vaccination to ensure there'll always be Covid circulating in the wild somewhere mutating and creating new variants.

We're not going to eliminate the virus. The best we can hope for is that we have enough people vaccinated that we can then have annual boosters and live with it like Flu.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: