Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Vaccine - had it or will have it?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you had or will you be having the Vaccine?
Yes - I had the AstraZeneca
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Yes - I had the Pfizer
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
No. I'm over 60, I don't want AZ, I'll wait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No. I'm 40-60, I don't want the AZ, I'm trying to get the Pfizer
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I'm under 40, I don't want the AZ, I'll wait.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I can't take the AZ, Dr's orders, I'm not eligible for Pfizer, I'll wait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You're not sticking that untested poison in my arm
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
What's a Vaccine?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alcohol kills covid, if I stay drunk I can't catch it.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I'll take any vaccine but I can't get in to get it
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:35 pm
Post subject: The Vaccine - had it or will have it?Reply with quote

Reasonably simple questions, I've tried to cover the various alternatives as I understand them non-judgementally.

The questions in essence are, have you had a vaccination yet and if so which one, if you haven't had it yet, why not?

I've added the "other" option if someone feels I haven't covered their situation but had to delete it as I had too many options. If anyone badly wants it, I'll amend the poll.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have had the 2 AstraZeneca Jabs
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:31 pm

I've got my appointment for the 2nd AZ shot in 2 weeks.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:58 pm

No not yet, still undecided if I want to be sick for a few days to partially protect me from the very minor chance of catching something that won’t kill me.

Although I think AZ actually has less reports of side effects than Pfizer so maybe that might be a better option now I can get it?
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:00 pm

I had the first AZ jab the day before they decided to increase the age for AZ to 60+ (I am 54 and would have preferred Pfizer).

Cannot have the second jab until September 6 and yes I will have it.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:27 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
No not yet, still undecided if I want to be sick for a few days to partially protect me from the very minor chance of catching something that won’t kill me.

Although I think AZ actually has less reports of side effects than Pfizer so maybe that might be a better option now I can get it?

Do you have a flu shot?

Only a very small number of people become sick after either jab, a few have minor side effects, most have negligible side effects.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Do you have a flu shot?

Only a very small number of people become sick after either jab, a few have minor side effects, most have negligible side effects.

Nope, never had a flu shot either and never had the flu

Seems plenty of people report side effects to Pfizer especially for a couple of days. Of the older people I know who’ve had AZ and the flu shot they had a worse reaction to the flu than AZ.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:32 pm

Had the Flu Jab between the 2 AstraZanica Jabs and had not Side Effects from it
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:08 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

Seems plenty of people report side effects to Pfizer especially for a couple of days. Of the older people I know who’ve had AZ and the flu shot they had a worse reaction to the flu than AZ.

The government track reactions with surveys. I've had 2 surveys from the Vic State Gov asking about what reactions I've had.

My understanding is that you get worse reactions with the first shot of AZ than the second and the reverse with Pfizer.

If you don't want to get vaccinated at all, your call, but you may be disadvantaged by that, at minimum.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:23 am

Are under 40s even eligible yet? I will probably get the vaccination at some point but can’t say I’ll be first in line – like Eddie I’m not thrilled about the prospect of side effects.

Suppose I’ll probably go with the Pfizer if I get the choice; I’m not terrified of dying from the AZ shot because the risk is so small, but might be advised not to take it (my younger sister is thought to have died from sudden-onset myocarditis, so there’s something of a family history to factor in there).

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:21 am

Watch out there, in a minute number of cases the Pfizer jab has caused inflammation of the heart and I believe a few deaths. So no Jab is perfectly safe.

Also, maybe the thought of side effects doesn't thrill you, but how does the prospect of more lockdowns work for you?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:49 pm

Definitely in favour of that. Wink

In all seriousness, I’m in the absolute lowest priority group for these vaccines aside from minors. If we aren’t already approaching herd immunity by the time people my age are lining up for it, then we’re in big trouble.

The fact that only 5% of the population has so far been vaccinated indicates that lack of supply is a far bigger problem right now than lack of demand. We need to sort supply out and make sure everyone who wants it can get it before we even start thinking of criticising individuals for being hesitant.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:05 pm

25-30% have had their first jab, some hesitancy in getting the second jab due to the fear mongering over AZ isn't helping getting all those with only 1 jab back for their second.

They are also sending supplies overseas and throwing out wasted doses every week, so supply does exceed demand which is probably also due to state government going on tv every day saying there are no vaccines so people don't bother.

Initially there also seemed to be a case of the Federal government controlling supply over second doses yet the state governments then were only using half supply thinking they'd have to keep the second doses...

Much like they chose to run hq, I think the states want full control of the vaccination program and are doing everything they can to undermine it.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Watch out there, in a minute number of cases the Pfizer jab has caused inflammation of the heart and I believe a few deaths. So no Jab is perfectly safe.

Also, maybe the thought of side effects doesn't thrill you, but how does the prospect of more lockdowns work for you?

I know 1 of my NDIS Carers who getting her Pfizer Jab today but she has Heart Problems so she might not be able to get the Pfizer One

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:28 pm

David wrote:

The fact that only 5% of the population has so far been vaccinated indicates that lack of supply is a far bigger problem right now than lack of demand. We need to sort supply out and make sure everyone who wants it can get it before we even start thinking of criticising individuals for being hesitant.

Lack of supply isn't the problem. More like complacency then AZ fear.

That figure is for "Fully Vaccinated" meaning both shots. Consider that there's a 12 weeks space between the first and second shot for AZ.

6.3 million Australians have had their first shot, that's 30+% of the adult population and we haven't really started on under 40's yet. *

That 12 week window is about to star closing and the people with 1 shot can get their 2nd, so that fully vaccinated rate should really start to climb. The latest lockdowns will have helped get rid of some of the complacency but there's still a fair number of people who think for one reason or the other that they're a low risk of getting Covid, so why face potential side effects if you don't have to.

* I had lunch with my daughter and her partner today. Both are 29-30. Daughter is working in disability resi care while she finishes her studies, her partner is a cop. Daughter is fully vaccinated, had 2 shots of Pfizer, partner has had 1 shot of AZ, gets the second in August. Both had to get them for work, neither had a choice of which one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11   

Jump to: