Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Saints sink Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

So now the armchair critics are criticising Scott Pendlebury. You'd think he might have earned the odd credit or two over the years but no, "he just didn't go hard enough".

Some supporters......well, I guess the word FICKLE comes to mind.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:34 am

^ He was poor yesterday. Just the 28 disposals, 8 clearances, 6 tackles and a goal assist - so he only got my 5 votes.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:39 am

Harrysz wrote:
So now the armchair critics are criticising Scott Pendlebury. You'd think he might have earned the odd credit or two over the years but no, "he just didn't go hard enough".

I can’t believe what I’ve been reading about Pendlebury. He should be the last person we criticize.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:14 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

I can’t believe what I’ve been reading about Pendlebury. He should be the last person we criticize.

correct!!!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:51 am

I’d say most footballers in the comp would crave a “Pendles Poor Day” on their CV
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:56 am

Chatting on Sunday with an avid Dorks fan saying “ It’s a while since we have shared this possie on the ladder

His reply was “ But we are two years further into a rebuildi than Collingwood “

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:58 am

BEAMER09 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

correct!!!

Faaarking hell it pees me off. He’s had a cracked rib the previous month and he’s been consistent throughout his career. He’s allowed an off day, and he wasn’t even that off.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:08 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
piedys wrote:
Anyhoo, we aren't getting kicked off the park. Tick.

We were kicked off the park today for 3 quarters before the Saints “put the cue back in the rack” in your own words. 49 points down and should have been more if they would have kicked straight

1 goal in 3 quarters against Geelong. 1 goal in 3 quarters against Sydney.

I don’t buy the “ cue in the rack “ stuff. Rattens main address at 3 / 4 time would have been all about the need for percentage.
F W I W, I think Harvey simply chose to pull the lever on plan B when it was all to late. You could argue he should have gone with plan B in the first place but the coaching panels strategies have been so risk adverse all year, there was little chance of any change 16 rounds into the season.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:24 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Probably the only positive from the day was the VFL.
There were a few who stepped up in the VFL and I would hope a statement is made at the selection table this week.
You could argue that all of Brown, Sier, Wilson, Keane and Ginnivan have an opportunity to play in the seniors this week.
Even the coach could be a chance.

I don't know what Keane has to do to get a game in the senior side? Ridiculous he's not playing after Moore got injured. Equally ridiculous Madgen is playing CHB when you've got better alternatives running around in the VFL.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:35 pm

^ ^ ^

He was very good against Sandy. Ruscoe and Wilson got more of it but it was Keane who did the heavy lifting in the back half.
We can’t kick to save ourselves, so Ginnivan strikes me as very close to a call up. He’s something we are sadly lacking at the moment, a natural forward.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:55 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
There were a few who stepped up in the VFL and I would hope a statement is made at the selection table this week.
You could argue that all of Brown, Sier, Wilson, Keane and Ginnivan have an opportunity to play in the seniors this week.

hey P2016...i am guessing you left at three quarter time, and missed the last quarter comeback??

I think it’s more about two consecutive losses against teams outside the eight than it is one dominant qtr in our last eight quarters.
With the resumption of Vic clubs playing VFL again, we finally got to see the rest of the list under true match conditions. Our VFL team was very good against another AFL affiliated team on the weekend and I would hope some would be rewarded. I don’t care who they bring up but I really think a couple at least deserve their chance.
I wouldn’t mind bringing either Brown or Sier back in ( who were both dominant ) if only to leave Sidey in the forward line as a scoreboard threat.
We have to add some class into the front six somehow.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:00 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
^ ^ ^

He was very good against Sandy. Ruscoe and Wilson got more of it but it was Keane who did the heavy lifting in the back half.
We can’t kick to save ourselves, so Ginnivan strikes me as very close to a call up. He’s something we are sadly lacking at the moment, a natural forward.

I liked his dash and willingness to play on. Didn’t see him stop and look backwards either
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:04 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
piedys wrote:
Anyhoo, we aren't getting kicked off the park. Tick.

We were kicked off the park today for 3 quarters before the Saints “put the cue back in the rack” in your own words. 49 points down and should have been more if they would have kicked straight

1 goal in 3 quarters against Geelong. 1 goal in 3 quarters against Sydney.

I don’t buy the “ cue in the rack “ stuff. Rattens main address at 3 / 4 time would have been all about the need for percentage.
F W I W, I think Harvey simply chose to pull the lever on plan B when it was all to late. You could argue he should have gone with plan B in the first place but the coaching panels strategies have been so risk adverse all year, there was little chance of any change 16 rounds into the season.

Correct weight, im not buying that cue crap either, Ratten would have wanted us to get smashed, he would have urged his charges on, to increase the pressure on us, for a big percentage builder. All sides we have lost tioo, Port, Lions, Cats, Dogs, would have loved to have belted us, for %, but none of em did, fact, Trouble is we leave it far too late, as we did against the Cats too to actually start attacking like crazy, and we run out of time. Plus, lets be honest, the umps love killing off any comeback by us, nothing changes with them, game after game, Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:12 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

hey P2016...i am guessing you left at three quarter time, and missed the last quarter comeback??

I think it’s more about two consecutive losses against teams outside the eight than it is one dominant qtr in our last eight quarters.
With the resumption of Vic clubs playing VFL again, we finally got to see the rest of the list under true match conditions. Our VFL team was very good against another AFL affiliated team on the weekend and I would hope some would be rewarded. I don’t care who they bring up but I really think a couple at least deserve their chance.
I wouldn’t mind bringing either Brown or Sier back in ( who were both dominant ) if only to leave Sidey in the forward line as a scoreboard threat.
We have to add some class into the front six somehow.

Brown should never have been dropped. Just play him in the guts. However I don't know what to do with Sier. He's another enigma to go with the Cox enigma. Do we really want to have guys running round in the senior team who are largely unknown quantities in output from minute to minute and from one quarter to the next quarter? My rationale is that if you can't play footy for 100 minutes you shouldn't be playing in the team.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:39 pm

Bring back buckley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: