Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Saints sink Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
piedys wrote:
Anyhoo, we aren't getting kicked off the park. Tick.

We were kicked off the park today for 3 quarters before the Saints “put the cue back in the rack” in your own words. 49 points down and should have been more if they would have kicked straight

1 goal in 3 quarters against Geelong. 1 goal in 3 quarters against Sydney.

I don’t buy the “ cue in the rack “ stuff. Rattens main address at 3 / 4 time would have been all about the need for percentage.
F W I W, I think Harvey simply chose to pull the lever on plan B when it was all to late. You could argue he should have gone with plan B in the first place but the coaching panels strategies have been so risk adverse all year, there was little chance of any change 16 rounds into the season.

Interesting comment, P2016, which i very much like.
Let us hope that, if true, Harvey draws the correct conclusion and tells the team: no further instructions this week. Just start with Plan B.

DT 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:46 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Charlie Oneeye, I don't agree. Hawthorn always look to me like a team that knows how to play - but just can't, yet, play that way. Collingwood has a distressing game plan that is all about about ceding the territorial advantage to the opposition and then trying to recover from full-back. It's a recipe for despair and it makes for very depressing viewing. It's quite informative that the couple of times we've burnt the game plan because we were plainly done (Geelong and St Kilda come to mind), we suddenly looked a little less worse.

I don't think most are baying for blood. It'll be nice to see the back of Harvey, of course - but that will happen soon enough.

Bartel said this in commentary and it is a good observation. We don’t press up enough against teams exiting from defence contrary to the excellent teams of 2010 and 2011.

I think we were outworked as Harvey said and the players need to address why. This is not a coaching issue but one squarely for the playing group.

DT 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:01 pm

Agree that at least Harvey is more straightforward in his press conferences. I like that.

C Brown is not quite up to AFL standard. I doubt he will be at the club next year - trade or delist.

Agree that the 10 year comment is rubbish. I think we can build to be competitive by 2024 with good drafting and a good coaching team.

Pendlebury is one of the greatest players to wear the black and white. He is not immune to criticism - top players should be judged as much is expected - but it should be fair. Good to see JDG seeming to finally grasp the nettle and start playing meaningful footy. Grundy does at times but at other times seems a bit lost. They can only look at the Captain and seek to emulate his tireless effort.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:12 pm

What I would like to know is they came out and played hard direct footy good enough to beat any side when we beat Melbourne

Fired up for Buckley last hoorah

They are professionals coached by professionals and should at least play more like the Melb game than the rubbish they are serving up right now

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:16 pm

I've played plenty of sport. You don't go out there with the intention of playing rubbish. It just happens. If you get picked it means you have the skill to play at that level and then it's up to the coach to get the best out of the players.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:28 pm

What I would like to know is they came out and played hard direct footy good enough to beat any side when we beat Melbourne

Fired up for Buckley last hoorah

They are professionals coached by professionals and should at least play more like the Melb game than the rubbish they are serving up right now

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:55 pm

Happy for Sier to get promoted again. He's a 24 year old version of the mature body you recruit to protect the kids. He can't take the hammering week in-week out and he probably won't be in our next grand final team but he can run protection for some of our less ready mids.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:16 pm

As we all know, junk time goals are worth less than "normal" goals.
Apparently, junk time has now been extended to full quarters of footy.
In the future, the entire match will be regarded as junk time and no goals will count. The most entries into the 50 metre area will win the game.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:33 pm

Geek wrote:
Happy for Sier to get promoted again. He's a 24 year old version of the mature body you recruit to protect the kids. He can't take the hammering week in-week out and he probably won't be in our next grand final team but he can run protection for some of our less ready mids.

so far this year, he has certainly been a godsend for whoever is picked as the injury sub!!!!

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:35 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
^ ^ ^

He was very good against Sandy. Ruscoe and Wilson got more of it but it was Keane who did the heavy lifting in the back half.
We can’t kick to save ourselves, so Ginnivan strikes me as very close to a call up. He’s something we are sadly lacking at the moment, a natural forward.

I liked his dash and willingness to play on. Didn’t see him stop and look backwards either

have you seen Magden show any fear? He has been getting better and better each week. also fearless and also a pretty good spoiler. PLays within his limitations and his mistakes are dropping fast (still not at zero though).

At the big league level, KEane is still a little deer in headlights to me and gets caught watching a little too much. definitely not a natural reader of the game. A tremendous athlete though so might come good in a year or two. No need to rush him at all.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:10 pm

Harrysz wrote:
As we all know, junk time goals are worth less than "normal" goals.
Apparently, junk time has now been extended to full quarters of footy.
In the future, the entire match will be regarded as junk time and no goals will count. The most entries into the 50 metre area will win the game.

Speaking of which, the ABC radio mentioned that the Pies are ranked dead last for forward 50 entries over the season so far; maybe its not all the forwards fault after all
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:20 pm

Jack Magden has improved that’s for sure.

His desire both to get the pill ,stop his opponent getting the ball & importantly
make sure his team mate gets the Sherrin. On that his efforts are thru the roof

His limited in as much as he will chase a player but doesn’t have the ability to match them in agility

Just keep at it Jack. I know you will

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:21 pm

^ Ronnie, we have the worst midfield in the League, so it is hard to tell.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:22 pm

I don’t get how people seem to think that a change of coach was going to make much of a difference
Harvey was never going to offer up anything much different than we witnessed prior to Buckley leaving
He knows he isn’t in the running for the job
Don’t people remember the press conference and the statement about a fresh new voice
As for yesterday’s debacle you don’t win games when you 2nd most experienced player is beyond useless again, when your highest paid player can’t kick to a man 30m in the clear and misses them by 20m, when you keep selecting players like Cox Mayne Thomas all of who won’t be on the list next season
It was and is a chance to play lynch or Rantall or anyone else and see what they have to offer
Results aren’t as important as getting games into players now and testing them under real match pressure
Yes they’ll make errors and yes they will frustrate us but if anyone can sit there and say trying a kid is a worse option than playing Thomas or Mayne or Cox or after another insipid performance Sidey
Look to the future at least we can gain insight into what we have in the wings
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:24 pm

Do I expect us to win anymore games this year - no. Was removing the coach the right thing to do - yes 5 years too late.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: