Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies trump Tigers. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

daics aka the ruckman wrote:
Just watched the last quarter again.
We played so well, our decisions, kicking and marking superb.
The new guys looked comfortable today - Henry, Murphy, Bianco, Ruscoe.
Callum Brown is a good midfielder.
Darcy Cameron continues to impress.
Very enjoyable to watch.

Very true, and on the replay, i noticed most times also, we attacked straight up the centre, up the guts, no gong sideways crap, just up the guts, shortest distance between two points. We are playing more direct footy now. Surprised Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:54 pm

I note with some of the youth we have are very good decision makers with ball in hand

McCrae last week pinpoint accurate kick to reasonable congested pack but picked out the only one in space. JT

And Henry yesterday lowered his eyes and found only player in space with excellent kick

My point is we have been accused for several yrs as to being poor disposal team

That I feel is on the cusp of change

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:01 pm

Ruscoe was tough, body on body, in a few contests

Madgen certainly has some impressive stats for one so maligned
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:07 pm

Gee Jack Magden might not be A grade in footy finesse but he is A grade + in desperate attack on ball or the opponent between him and ball

Howe back and next year Moore might be a squeeze on Jack —I admire him making the best of what he has

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:13 pm

While it was great to get a win, Yep, I get to leave the Collingwood flag up on my flagpole for a while.
The calls of how great a coach Harvey is and how we've all of a sudden become a great, slick side, is a little premature... we beat a decimated, out of form side that is capitulating out of control.
They scored 22 points against Stk! They got rolled by Gold Coast, they lost to a wiggles side that lost their next 2 matches by a total of 146 points. The Lions will tear them a new one next week, Geelong will annihilate them the following week and then the dockers will really sink the boot in.

Let's have some perspective.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Yes true we beat a side that is on the down but you can only beat who you are put up against

What I took out of the game and no disrespect to Harvey was the youth we have both in Sunday at the G and the early game across the road

That’s to me the plus for 2021

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:43 pm

What are the thoughts on Nicks ????

Is the gate completely shut on Robert Harvey to continue at Collingwood???

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:33 pm

Skids wrote:
While it was great to get a win, Yep, I get to leave the Collingwood flag up on my flagpole for a while.
The calls of how great a coach Harvey is and how we've all of a sudden become a great, slick side, is a little premature... we beat a decimated, out of form side that is capitulating out of control.
They scored 22 points against Stk! They got rolled by Gold Coast, they lost to a wiggles side that lost their next 2 matches by a total of 146 points. The Lions will tear them a new one next week, Geelong will annihilate them the following week and then the dockers will really sink the boot in.

Let's have some perspective.

WE had pretty extensive injuries too mate, as we always do, those bastards were injury free for four yrs or so, or if they did get some, they ALL came back for the Finals every time,. Nobody is saying Harvey will be our next Coach, tho if or one, after seeing him ply his wares now, would like to see him stay on as an assistant to either Clarko, Brad Scott, or Pyke, he breathed new life into the team. Surprised Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:45 pm

Nah, can't agree with 'Breathed new life into the team'... I rated our win over Melbourne much more convincing than that win.

Look, don't get me wrong, it was a top effort, especially to kick 7 in the last.
I guess I'm referring to the peanut brigade who continue to bag bucks... hello, he's gone, you don't need to keep reminding us that YOU think he can't coach. Move on, stop polluting every thread with your diatribe against the great man, we get it.

Fact is, we've been thereabouts most games this year, a couple that we lost by a few points are reversed and we're almost in the top 8.
The biggest turnaround as far as I can see, was getting Billy back. Totally changes our forward structure.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:13 pm

+1

Btw, it also helps not playing 3 ruckmen.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Skids wrote:

The biggest turnaround as far as I can see, was getting Billy back. Totally changes our forward structure.

Yeah totally agree Skids.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Skids wrote:
Nah, can't agree with 'Breathed new life into the team'... I rated our win over Melbourne much more convincing than that win.

Look, don't get me wrong, it was a top effort, especially to kick 7 in the last.
I guess I'm referring to the peanut brigade who continue to bag bucks... hello, he's gone, you don't need to keep reminding us that YOU think he can't coach. Move on, stop polluting every thread with your diatribe against the great man, we get it.

Fact is, we've been thereabouts most games this year, a couple that we lost by a few points are reversed and we're almost in the top 8.

I second everything you've said above, Skids.

Billy really is such a positive presence in the forward line and also his occasional runs in the middle. I always feel much more confident when he's kicking for goal, so imagine his team mates must really appreciate having him to target. He's consistently 100% in his efforts and executed one of the most amazing tackles yesterday. Also, climbed high for a mark which had he taken it, would've been one of the marks of the year.
An extremely valuable player for us.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:32 pm

One aspect they need to address is the kicking through the corridor.
If you’re going to take on the corridor then the kicks to a teammate need to have less hang time and the recipient needs to keep coming up to meet the ball carrier.
It’s a pet hate of mine when players stand flat footed to take the mark and the trailing defender has the time to punch the ball back 30 metres in the opposite direction. Happened time and time again yesterday. I get it that we aren’t great by foot but there is no excuse for the intended recipient to not keep coming up to meet the kicker. Rant over.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Well said Skids !
npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:53 pm

+6 skids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: