Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who will coach Collingwood?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want as our next coach?
Ross Lyon
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Alistair Clarkson
24%
 24%  [ 43 ]
Brad Scott
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Mark Williams
19%
 19%  [ 34 ]
Michael Voss
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Adem Yze or Sam Mitchell
19%
 19%  [ 35 ]
Blake Caracella
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Scott Burns
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Craig McRae
11%
 11%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 178

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:00 pm
Post subject: Who will coach Collingwood?Reply with quote

He has been I believe studying all of our club’s operations and most importantly the on field portion

It’s been noted he has been at Buckley,s side in the box on match day and I think he is giving Nathan both advise and evaluation

He has I think started what he sees as needed to move upwards—and he will veiw Nathan’s coaching without emotional baggage that was evident when Ed was president

I’m not critical of Ed because he was all for Collingwood —just too Nathan involved

Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:04 pm
Post subject: Re: Graham Wright and how we move upwardsReply with quote

just like the last review that found in Buckley's favour? I think it's highly likely that Wright will side with keeping Buckley as senior coach. Then all this nonsense that he was only there because of McGuire can be consigned to the rubbish bin of history.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

At the club at present GW is the one with very recent look at how a club can become successful and remain so for a period

But all will be revealed in the fullness of time

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm
Post subject: Re: Graham Wright and how we move upwardsReply with quote

Redlight wrote:
I think it's highly likely that Wright will side with keeping Buckley as senior coach. Then all this nonsense that he was only there because of McGuire can be consigned to the rubbish bin of history.

And then there will be no reason at all to which anyone can usefully point. Wink
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:01 pm

But all other things aside I think Buckley 10 year tenure has shown 3 things 1. after 10 years with any unsuccessful coach, the club needs a breath of fresh air as much as anything with all else things being equal (i.e there are coaches available out there who could do an equal or better job...) - the one thing Nathan has made clear over ten years is that he's expendable - the only time he's been remotely successful is once when we 'briefly' had a changeup of assistants - so looking deeper into that what was the bridge to semi success? Nathan or the new blood into the thought process. Ipso Facto Nathan is completely expendable. And 2. The lingering baggage of the latest trade debacle and the lies spouted out of Nathan's mouth into regards to Adam - you can not underestimate the damage that has done. And finally 3. Nathan has and never will be a leader of men, because he's a serial narcissist - watch any after game presser and the evidence is undeniable - I cannot once over ten years remember a time where Nathan has take any responsibility for a loss. Like ever.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:37 pm

And you can be sure that Mr Wright will see all that Nathan is doing and evaluate if he can still be successful with old assistants or new ones

Then again see thru his footy experience if it is out with ALL old and in with best available

I agree with Nathan Buckley as a non leader —like his mate Sando who admitted at least admitted when he coached “Do it my way or go away” approach

I feel NB has that in his makeup

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:03 pm

People see what they want to see with Bucks. For some he's a failure after a decade in the role, with our current ladder position proof of this. For others, he has been a very good coach, building a side to contend for flags 2018-2020, but now, due to disastrous list management, beyond his control, he is slowly building a new side around a host of young players.

Despite leaning toward the latter viewpoint, I have come to the position where I'm prepared to acknowledge that it may well be time to freshen up things with a new coach, with a new voice. However, it may be that this can be achieved by bringing in new assistants. Ultimately, I'll be supportive of whatever recommendation Graeme Wright makes to our Board. At the end of the day, none of us supporters, me included, have enough information, knowledge or understanding to make such a crucial decision.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:51 pm

Agree if GW says stay I will support the decision if go I understand the reasons and will support the new coach
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:00 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
because he's a serial narcissist - watch any after game presser and the evidence is undeniable - I cannot once over ten years remember a time where Nathan has take any responsibility for a loss. Like ever.

With respect Wolf, failure to admit "It was my fault" in a press conference after the loss of a football game does not qualify as a symptom of narcissism.
Wink
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:09 pm

Maybe as a once off but tens years of it?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:17 pm

I might have sounded harsh on Bucks (not intended) and I also am content to let GW do what he is there for. To improve Collingwood

We talk of coach having a good affect on a player then why not a guy like GW likewise on Bucks

I feel that possibility apart from 2018 Bucks has been the Lone Ranger to a degree

I’m for putting my gun back in it’s holster and give it time to resolve

Both Wright and Buckley are on one page. Best for Collingwood

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:47 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
because he's a serial narcissist - watch any after game presser and the evidence is undeniable - I cannot once over ten years remember a time where Nathan has take any responsibility for a loss. Like ever.

With respect Wolf, failure to admit "It was my fault" in a press conference after the loss of a football game does not qualify as a symptom of narcissism.
Wink

Quite a comparison to our preceding narcissist who never took blame but unlike Bucks was prepared to dump on players by name in public. Eg Cloke in 2003 and Swan in 2011.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:46 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

Wink

Maybe as a once off but tens years of it?

Yeh coz all losses blame bucks & wins congratulate Wright.
You want a narcissist? Where’s MM?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:20 pm

There is no moving on with the insanity of Nathan Buckley even being in the picture. We are an utter asylum of an organisation.

You don't need convoluted arguments to turf someone after a decade of sub-par performance in any organisation anywhere on the planet — except perhaps in the North Korean Workers' Party.

There has been no mysterious alien interference distorting outcomes; no special pair of lenses is needed to interpret the decade; and most certainly no one associated with the club has been playing magical 9D chess that others just can't grasp. This lot do well just to put a shoe on the right foot of a morning.

We are officially a basket case of cringeworthy nutters. Others were never in doubt, but this sorry business should convince even the most one-eyed devotees.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
People see what they want to see with Bucks. For some he's a failure after a decade in the role, with our current ladder position proof of this. For others, he has been a very good coach, building a side to contend for flags 2018-2020, but now, due to disastrous list management, beyond his control, he is slowly building a new side around a host of young players.

Despite leaning toward the latter viewpoint, I have come to the position where I'm prepared to acknowledge that it may well be time to freshen up things with a new coach, with a new voice. However, it may be that this can be achieved by bringing in new assistants. Ultimately, I'll be supportive of whatever recommendation Graeme Wright makes to our Board. At the end of the day, none of us supporters, me included, have enough information, knowledge or understanding to make such a crucial decision.

Pretty fair comments.

The negative for me has been the inability to develop any reliable consistent connection between midfield and forwards. While our defense has kept us in games our offense struggles to win them .

I'd support a 1 year extension if the board thinks so or a clean break if someone else is available. After 10 years being close but without the ultimate success it is likely time for new voices.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
Page 1 of 158   

Jump to: