Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who will coach Collingwood?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 156, 157, 158  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want as our next coach?
Ross Lyon
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Alistair Clarkson
24%
 24%  [ 43 ]
Brad Scott
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Mark Williams
19%
 19%  [ 34 ]
Michael Voss
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Adem Yze or Sam Mitchell
19%
 19%  [ 35 ]
Blake Caracella
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Scott Burns
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Craig McRae
11%
 11%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 178

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

slangman wrote:
I’m just happy that Harvey and Sanderson have been removed.

Looking forward to the new coaching panel and a new direction.

while im rapt bout the new coach and his new assistants, i do feel sorry for Banger Harvey, he was on a hiding to nothing taking over from Bucks, with a bunch of kids an still major injuries. He did his best, and from all ive read about him, hes a really nice guy. I wish him well, whatever he does now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:47 am

Piesnchess wrote:
slangman wrote:

while im rapt bout the new coach and his new assistants, i do feel sorry for Banger Harvey, he was on a hiding to nothing taking over from Bucks, with a bunch of kids an still major injuries. He did his best, and from all ive read about him, hes a really nice guy. I wish him well, whatever he does now.

Im grateful to Harvey for 10 years service. You dont make grand finals without a very good coaching group. In the end he was never going to get the role having worked closely with Bucks - just not "enough change" which he knew. It is time for him to move on. The current coaching candidates have proven you need a variety of roles / experience.
Wish him all the best. Was a favorite player to watch and his gut running changed the game.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:50 am

Jezza wrote:
pablo wrote:
Why do we like Dale Tapping so much?

Previous affiliation to the club as VFL coach for several years.

Assistant coach at the Lions, where they've been strong for a few years.

Very well liked at the club.

Dale was a very successful TAC coach renown for player development. His stint with us was really good with not a bad word said about him leading him to be poached to Brisbane. I actually think he was good enough to be a senior coach in his own right. IF we could get him, this would be a fantastic outcome.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:57 am

MJ23 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
slangman wrote:

Im grateful to Harvey for 10 years service. You dont make grand finals without a very good coaching group. In the end he was never going to get the role having worked closely with Bucks - just not "enough change" which he knew. It is time for him to move on. The current coaching candidates have proven you need a variety of roles / experience.
Wish him all the best. Was a favorite player to watch and his gut running changed the game.

This is bit like the old saying that you can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs. Give Buckley his due. He almost pulled off a premiership in 2018. The others including Harvey and Sanderson contributed their bit as well and deserve to be praised, not vilified. We as supporters of the club should wish all three well in their future endeavors and hope they find fulfillment in whatever they decide to do.

When you think about it this is an ideal opportunity for Craig McRae in his first senior coaching job. The slate is wiped clean. Buckley was on a hiding to nothing starting at the top, taking over from a master coach. When you’re on top the expectation is to stay on top, but really there’s only one way to go if you don’t win it and that’s down. McRae starts on the bottom with the expectation that’s we’re not going anywhere next year. Added to that McRae doesn’t carry the burden of being an ex-Collingwood captain and legend of the club. I think I’d rather be in McRae’s shoes than those of Buckley.

I think there’s a sense we can repeat history here. Our last two premiership coaches arrived in highly unusual circumstances and left in unusual circumstances. Matthews took over the shambles of a football club with a entirely new list unable to recruit a name player because the club was broke. He then wins a premiership in short time and gets himself sacked by the President who said he had the job for life.

Malthouse takes over the club after we win our second wooden spoon. He takes over from an ex-captain and club legend who got dumped into the job without any assistant coaching experience. Within a couple of years we’re competing for a premiership which we finally land in 2010. Then Malthouse is pushed into a new position of director of coaching to work with the new coach, who has an entirely different personality and philosophy, a guy who Malthouse would never have personally chosen to succeed him. That of course quickly falls apart and the rest is history.

Now McRae is in a similar situation as Matthews and Malthouse. He can forge his own premiership career as a senior AFL coach of the greatest and most famous football club in Australia. He has essentially a young list he can mould, a few aging stars who hopefully can go another couple of years and a panel of assistant coaches of his choosing, apart from Selwood and Skipworth. I wish him well and look forward to how he coaches over his senior coaching journey.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:54 am

i actually dont think we will do as badly next year as some seem to think, we only got trashed right at the end of the year when we had a lot of big stars out.

im excited for the future.

i really do feel for Harvey though, he does seem like a good bloke.

5:11pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:08 am

Leppa just accepted a gig under Macrae 👍
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:18 am

5:11pm wrote:
Leppa just accepted a gig under Macrae 👍

JUSTIN Leppitsch has accepted a new role under incoming coach and good mate Craig Macrae at Collingwood. My understanding is Leppa will have a strategy portfolio with a focus on defence that will see him work across the opposition and analytics departments, among others.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:22 am

great we got Leppa strange to see him in Collingwood colors never thought ill see the day next we will have Johnathan Brown at Collingwood.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:32 am

90 nice wrote:
great we got Leppa strange to see him in Collingwood colors never thought ill see the day next we will have Johnathan Brown at Collingwood.

he would make a great forward coach!!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:32 am

Licuria would have played against McRae (remember that photo of MM comforting him after a GF loss)

Still like to add the well credentialed and much loved at Pies
Tapping

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:47 am

In those 2002 2003 years mcrae from reports from the brisbane players was the toughest player in the team played as forward but also mid and on baller too. He loved the tough game was the in and under type and was in everything.Was a very handy goal sneak too and was a sharp shooter. But he loved the ball and got alot of it. Very under rated player and could have won Norm Smith twice.
Leppa the tough nut down back as i remember him. Played as the tough Center half back nothing got past him and booming kick.
Both tough.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:48 am

The feeling here (I’ve got it) that we are with all stars aligning an era of success which after our recent disappointments is exciting

Wright with his own off field team may make us a destination club

Players may want to jump aboard the bus to fortune and glory

5:11pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:59 am

If we build it, they WILL come! 😜
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:02 pm

Oh yes that movie line fits us like hand in a glove
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:04 pm

Midday presser.

https://youtu.be/zxrtM1_wlvc

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 156, 157, 158  Next
Page 157 of 158   

Jump to: