Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who will coach Collingwood?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want as our next coach?
Ross Lyon
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Alistair Clarkson
24%
 24%  [ 43 ]
Brad Scott
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Mark Williams
19%
 19%  [ 34 ]
Michael Voss
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Adem Yze or Sam Mitchell
19%
 19%  [ 35 ]
Blake Caracella
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Scott Burns
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Craig McRae
11%
 11%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 178

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
You have no say - like the rest of us - so at least say why you would pass on him, otherwise your post is completely worthless. It's not Big Brother

I think there are better options, also imo we don't need any kind of baggage like the camp etc etc. Straight up I still think our best all round option is Williams, he really does tick almost every box.. yes he's a bit eccentric but most geniuses are... and success does follow him, mostly. We have a young list and the timing is perfect. Many here will hold grudges on him due to the his past baggage (which is a very different kind of baggage to the above, with Pyke) with the club, but these are the same people who couldn't tell Daisy and Beams were leaving well before it happened. Anyway, I could go on and on but the point is moot (thanks stui magpie...), the club will make its own 'hopefully' informed choice... and again hopefully the sooner we find out what that is, the better.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:04 am

I still think we need to get the upper house in order before considering any candidates.
The people making the decisions on the coach may not be there come the end of the season if the member vote goes ahead.

It's premature to hire anyone now as well - we should wait as there could be a new candidate reveal themselves once all teams have concluded their season.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:13 am

^ regardless of what happens with the board (and imo it doesn't matter as long it's in the clubs best interests whose appointed and it's not a captains call (yes I know I want William's but imo he is the best all round candidate).), I am assuming the club wouldn't make it 'public' until the end of the season anyway.

As for candidates 'revealing' themselves... either they already know they want the job or they don't, there shouldn't be any doubt in our next coaches mind - whoever they might end up being - I want them to be hungry... and that means now (at least in their mind)... not maybe, at the seasons end.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:25 pm

I would imagine the clubs search for our new coach remains in it's infancy and we're a long way from narrowing the field to just 3 candidates like mentioned in some HS article.

Have we even appointed the final member of our selection panel, the one who is supposedly going to provide an opinion from outside the Collingwood bubble?

We already have a caretaker coach in place for the remainder of the season and when you factor in that a number of the best coaching candidates will be fulfilling duties at clubs participating in finals (and I thought there were now rules in place protecting those clubs from losing assistants until their season is done) why would we rush our decision? A potential EGM?

If Browne is successful in forcing an EGM is the current board allowed to appoint a new coach prior to it taking place?

AJ 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:38 pm

Pyke with Mitchell.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:34 pm

New coach will likely be of the younger, untried variety.

You heard it here, kids…

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:34 am

^ Hummm - why do you say that?? Seems a bit risky imo unless there is a standout. Again unless you know something we don't..?

I actually personally think 'age cap' should be utterly irrelevant (for some reason in the AFL there is some perceived concept floating around that older means worse, where as in most professional sports around the world, it's either irrelevant or actually pushing the other way to some degree.)

All I can say is whomever appoints our next coach is taking a very big risk if they select an untried coach and it goes south. So anyway back to the 1st question above.

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:00 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
^ Hummm - why do you say that?? Seems a bit risky imo unless there is a standout. Again unless you know something we don't..?

I actually personally think 'age cap' should be utterly irrelevant (for some reason in the AFL there is some perceived concept floating around that older means worse, where as in most professional sports around the world, it's either irrelevant or actually pushing the other way to some degree.)

All I can say is whomever appoints our next coach is taking a very big risk if they select an untried coach and it goes south. So anyway back to the 1st question above.

How many 'experienced' coaches have won premierships since 2003?

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:32 pm

Pyke has had my vote from the start. Adelaide were awesome but just ran into a more determined Richmond and then obviously the camp detailed it all. I reckon there is plenty there to suggest the guy can coach.. someone else just organise the preseason camp!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:46 pm

The fact that Pyke embraced the con artist consultants who ran the pre-season camp, demonstrates he has no judgement whatsoever. He is particularly disliked by Indigenous players in Adelaide, and given we have such a sorry record in this area, it would be a monumental disaster for our club if we even interviewed this guy. I for one would burn my membership card.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:58 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
You have no say - like the rest of us - so at least say why you would pass on him, otherwise your post is completely worthless. It's not Big Brother

I think there are better options, also imo we don't need any kind of baggage like the camp etc etc. Straight up I still think our best all round option is Williams, he really does tick almost every box.. yes he's a bit eccentric but most geniuses are... and success does follow him, mostly. We have a young list and the timing is perfect. Many here will hold grudges on him due to the his past baggage (which is a very different kind of baggage to the above, with Pyke) with the club, but these are the same people who couldn't tell Daisy and Beams were leaving well before it happened. Anyway, I could go on and on but the point is moot (thanks stui magpie...), the club will make its own 'hopefully' informed choice... and again hopefully the sooner we find out what that is, the better.

Baggage is baggage. Just because Williams has shown the Melbourne players how to kick straight doesn’t make him a good head coaching all of a sudden.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:35 pm

There will be a lot of difficult decisions to be made when it comes to picking the next coach, but one decision should be very easy: to draw a line through Don Pyke. The hypothetical shouldn't even be entertained for a moment.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xZPJNpIiFc

Why do the media keep putting Ross Lyon forward as a prospective Collingwood coach?

Did they miss the moment at 1:08 in the video above?

I would have thought he's no chance after this segment on Footy Classified.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xZPJNpIiFc

Why do the media keep putting Ross Lyon forward as a prospective Collingwood coach?

Did they miss the moment at 1:08 in the video above?

I would have thought he's no chance after this segment on Footy Classified.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:52 pm

He has drifted right out to $2.40 now.
Pyke $5 (In from $34, takes a big chunk of cash to come in that much!)
Mitchell $6
Clarkson $9
& Yze $10, are the punters top 5.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
Page 27 of 158   

Jump to: