Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Port overpowers Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

masoncox wrote:
The 3 most overrated and over paid players in the afl are in order
1.Grundy
2. Sidebottom
3 JDG
and lastly Cameron can't ruck full stop

Grundy was 1 of our Best.

Can't do everything

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:01 pm

Grundy works his ass off. He needs to adjust his ruckwork for sure. Eg in the last he grabbed and kicked immediately from ball up, do this more, be more unpredictable. But he got raped by the umps and never gave up and his work ethic was excellent. His game was fine.
AJ 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:02 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
masoncox wrote:
1.Grundy
2. Sidebottom
3 JDG

Can't do everything

How
Many turnovers.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 pm

Some pretty lame comments here. Grundy overrated?? Our best player tonight followed Lowell by DeGoey. The tradeable one apparently. Rocks in your head. The umpires tonight were a blight on the game and crucified Roughead for one. Dixon got 3 of his 4 from frees that should have went to us a kick that went 2’6” and there’s ya 4 goals and there was 2 others. Add the Elliot goal that was clearly over the line and we win. And I won’t mention the disgusting commentary. We’re of that bad and I see a very bright future.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:04 pm

Charles given an armchair ride with frees and in general they got the rub of the green there early especially. They need to do something about push in the back. Grundy pushed several times in ruck contests as well. Happens far too often all game every game across the league and not penalised. Should never have reversed the hands in the back rule. Same with throwing the ball and less than 15m kicks. A blight on the game.
Pendlebury going down early cruelled their chances but let’s not pretend his loss was the difference in the result. Beaten for strength and skill across the ground when the game was on the line.
Please get rid of the dinky short passes that give it straight back to the oppo. Reared its ugly head second half last week and kept on happening in the second q especially. Game on the line in the last with 8 minutes left with a short pass from Crisp at half back not going the distance. Take the game on then if any time rather than just softly give it back on a platter.
What’s happened to Mihocek kicking for goal? He used to be a reliable set shot and now goes off on a big angle and hacks away to never be a chance of scoring a major at that angle. Better in the second half thank goodness.
Are Anton Tohill and Dougal Howard related? Doppelgangers. Anton struggled.
Jack Ginnivan did well, improving over the course of the game. Pleased to see another Castlemaine boy not look out of place in the big time. Welcome to the big league. Play him for the rest of the year on the strength of that showing.
Henry played his best game and looks the goods. McRae good early but faded. Poulter very quiet. Bianco nice goal in the last. These guys will only get better if they keep at it.
Getting back into it in the third after looking like they would be blown away was pleasing. Then pressing in the last. Pretty hard playing catch up against a top 4 side though.
Good fighting spirit and a lot to work on with the young boys. Tall forward or three to add to the list would give them all a good look going forward.

Big T 

Adam's is a problem. Simply mustn't kick to pass. Either handball or kick long. He also rarely gets thru a game uninjured. I think he may be in decline.
uncanny 

double post sorry

Last edited by uncanny on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:05 pm

mudlark wrote:
Some pretty lame comments here. Grundy overrated?? Our best player tonight followed Lowell by DeGoey. The tradeable one apparently. Rocks in your head. The umpires tonight were a blight on the game and crucified Roughead for one. Dixon got 3 of his 4 from frees that should have went to us a kick that went 2’6” and there’s ya 4 goals and there was 2 others. Add the Elliot goal that was clearly over the line and we win. And I won’t mention the disgusting commentary. We’re not that bad and I see a very bright future.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:05 pm

Agree with putting a line through Harvey as a coach, but considering the umpires made a pact before the game to deny Collingwood any opportunity of scoring the effort by the boys wasn’t too bad. McCrae moves very well. Henry marks everything that comes his way. Poulter improved this week and Ginnivan made the most of his limited opportunities. Bianco kicked a beautiful goal and Sidebottom was much better this week than last week. Anyone else thought the commentators were just as pitiful as the umpiring tonight? I realize it was Boak’s 300th game but does it mean they they all want to turn it into a party for Port Adelaide?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:06 pm

We had a crack but our movement and work rate out of our backline is poor. Very Happy with Henry. Cox gave us a goal but not much else. Ginnivan showed some skill in his first outing. JDG'S 2nd efforts are poor. Grundy tried hard, but he should have belted that grub Lycett back. Dixon is the umpire's harlot.

www.facebook/the hybernators

Last edited by 3rd degree on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:08 pm

Great effort and enthusiasm from the young ones, which was really encouraging to see.
The boys never made it easy for Port and didn't give up.
I thought Crispy and Maynard were excellent leaders, showing the way in this regard.
WaggaPie 

doriswilgus wrote:
Well Port beat a half AFL half VFL side with a lot of help from the umpires,so nothing to get excited about for them.Sadly,I think Sidebottom is finished.I’d be surprised if he played on next year.He just doesn’t seem to have his heart in it,and hasn’t since he went walkabout last year .

Yes, Steele looks done; has for some time now.
JDG I’d persist with unless there is a more than favourable offer. I’d hope the right choice of new coach might flick the switch upstairs!!

Never been a Madgen fan, hopeless under pressure. Has had enough exposure now to prove himself. Cox done.

Loved watching young fellas. Henry a ripper, but Irish can go back to VFL.

Big T 

I like Ruscoe as well.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:09 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Anyone else thought the commentators were just as pitiful as the umpiring tonight? I realize it was Boak’s 300th game but does it mean they they all want to turn it into a party for Port Adelaide?

The answer to that is Brian Taylor.He always seems to barrack against us despite being a former player.I don’t think he has ever forgiven the club for dropping him during the 1990 finals.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:09 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
masoncox wrote:
1.Grundy
2. Sidebottom
3 JDG

Can't do everything

Anyone who watched the game fairly knows that Grundy and Sidebottom carried a team full of children tonight. 13 contested possessions each, 7 clearances each, 26 disposals apiece, Grundy had 8 score involvements and Sidebottom had 10. I cannot believe that people would bag them for their effort or their contributions. It was like sending them out to play in a Dads and Kids scratch match. People need to try to keep a little balance.

Anyway, next week, Sidebottom will become "the most overrated player in the AFL to play more games for Collingwood than Buckley." I hope they put that on the run-through banner.

At some stage, some of you people need to give up your carping. These guys are all-time Collingwood greats, playing through a tough season with not much grown-up help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: