Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies whack Weagles . All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

schuey07 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Magnificent win.So enjoyable to watch,especially the first three quarters,.DeGoey is starting to come of age,and Sidebottom had his best match of the year as well.All in all things are looking up,I knew we weren’t as bad as people were making us out to be,

We were never that bad, just poorly coached.

Yes I think what we are witnessing proves just how terrible the impact was of Bux' coaching.
The surprise factor though is Robert Harvey. I certainly thought that he was part of the problem in our coaching regime. Now that Bux is gone and Harvey is not subordinate to him, we have seen, even from a statistical standpoint, a transformation in the style of play. I don't think it is fair to Harvey to say that Pendles was the real coach today. The style that we saw today has been building in previous games.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:22 pm

It was very pleasing watching the next generation perform well and contribute in the very good win.
Henry has X Factor
McCrae is great on the left and right. He has a great football IQ.
Ginnivan looks like he will be a very good small forward.
Ruscoe actually looks really comfortable in defence.
IQ is getting better with every game and will be pivotal in our next premiership in 2025. 😁
Noble doesn’t do much wrong.
Bianco will need to consolidate his disposal to go to the next level.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:41 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Magnificent win.So enjoyable to watch,especially the first three quarters,.DeGoey is starting to come of age,and Sidebottom had his best match of the year as well.All in all things are looking up,I knew we weren’t as bad as people were making us out to be,

We were never that bad, just poorly coached.

Yes I think what we are witnessing proves just how terrible the impact was of Bux' coaching.
The surprise factor though is Robert Harvey. I certainly thought that he was part of the problem in our coaching regime. Now that Bux is gone and Harvey is not subordinate to him, we have seen, even from a statistical standpoint, a transformation in the style of play. I don't think it is fair to Harvey to say that Pendles was the real coach today. The style that we saw today has been building in previous games.

IN Bucks defence, he has did make us a great defensive team, for points against, its all very well to kick big scores, but if your Opponent also kicks big scores, you can still lose. Granted, Bucks mindset was a tad defensive too much so. Which brings me to my real point, as im watching the replay on Kayo now, Banger Harvey definitely has us playing a much more attacking, direct brand, up the guts, up the centre, no dilly, no dally. Its exciting to watch now. Look, i may get flayed for this, but IF, i say IF, under Harvey we win our remaining games, should HE be appointed our full time next Coach ? Im only asking the question. IMHO, it wont be him, it will be either Clarko or Scott, irregardless of what Banger does. As i mentioned elsewhere, i really now believe, as Harvey has shown beyond doubt, he does have footy smarts, and CAN coach, i reckon we should make him the Head Assistant Coach, to Clarko, Scott, i now reckon we at least owe him that, he has sure shown the doubters exactly what he can do, and he would be great with tuition for all our young kids, for the future. Well, thats my take. Smile Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:17 pm

Quiet night for a big win like that...the calm before the storm perhaps, once we get Clarko...

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:36 pm

Also, well done to the medical staff and selectors for bringing Howe in for the game today. I was very concerned about this selection, thinking that maybe he was being rushed in. But clearly he was cherry ripe, and he made an enormous difference today to the stability and confidence of our defence.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:52 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Quiet night for a big win like that...the calm before the storm perhaps, once we get Clarko...

There's usually about 3 pages about it being Sidebottom's fault and another 4 pages about it being Grundy's fault. Those who indulge will just need to sharpen their axes for another week, I'm afraid.
Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 pm

Thought Grundy had a good game, yes Nic Nat had 6 more hit outs but grundy kicked a goal had 22 disposals to 17 for Nic Nat, Grundy laid 6 tackles to NIc Nats big fat 0...

Our mids dominated for a change and we have an easy win, a lot to look forward to next year with Nick Daicos coming in and our current crop of kids gaining more experience.
Can't believe IQ has only played 34 games, such a gem already.

And i must say WHE and JT have really improved of late, same as Magden, even though he still has a costly clanger in him, his drive and passion must be admired.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:04 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Really happy for all the boys to get such a great win and the same for Rob Harvey. Glad to see him have a little time in the sun Smile

Was it a mistake to remove Bux?

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:11 pm

in previous games earlier in the year we where criticized for over handballing.

yet we do it under harvey and its "now they are playing with freedom" haha the media love this shit
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:15 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
in previous games earlier in the year we where criticized for over handballing.

yet we do it under harvey and its "now they are playing with freedom" haha the media love this shit

There was a difference. The handballs occurred within the framework of a mindset to move the ball forward aggressively, and through the corridor whenever possible. That is not comparable to handballing when you are in D50, and desperately attempting to clear the ball, with noone prepared to risk a kick. It is abundantly clear that the entire orientation of the team has been changed, and handballs under Harvey are not equivalent to handballs under Bux. Up to this point anyway. We will await the evidence from the next 3 games.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:55 pm

Very pleasing performance, and one of our best wins in a long time.

Thought the Eagles were abysmal with their pressure and giving us plenty of space to move the ball freely, but we still did the hard yards and worked well as a team.

Really satisfied with our senior players today. Sidebottom was excellent with the added responsibilities as acting captain. De Goey is maturing as a midfielder and Grundy was very good as well.

Loving the way our youngsters are coming on. Ruscoe, Macrae, Bianco and Henry are all developing nicely. Ruscoe's transformation as a defender has been remarkable. Henry is a raw talent, but his marking ability is excellent. Macrae has similar skill sets to his older brother.

Harvey has got the team playing better football. We're using the corridor more often and playing free flowing football. It's easier to accept any errors that arise from risky football if you can see the playing group take the game on. He won't be our next coach, but I've liked the way he's gone about it as caretaker.

Think it's safe to say we've avoided the spoon. Hopefully another win beckons next week against the Hawks.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:00 am

piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Great first half set up the win.

Pretty certain we’ll avoid the spoon which is good news.

Most definitely mate; I'm not sure who was more shocked by our first eight goals of the game - us or the Weasels?!

Isn't it great when all players selected buy-in to the job?

Nothing erases the pain of 2018, but this effort goes a long way towards our healing, and sets up a promising 2022.

I was certain prior to the game, that JK and Darling would badly dismember our backline, minus Moore. It would seem the absent Ryan is their barometer.
Oh, do you have some injuries Weasels? F@cking well annoying, isn't it?
Cry us a river and f@ck off home, as you cascade out of the final eight.

I think both sides were shocked for different reasons.

Since Buckley's departure, I've enjoyed watching us more. We've had our bad moments, but I've seen enough good things to keep the spirits up. Our final quarter performance against Richmond, our competitive performance against Port before the umpires intervened and ruined the spectacle and today's performance have been some highlights in the Harvey reign.

Short of beating them in a GF, nothing atones for 2018 but our record against West Coast has been pretty good since then. We beat them twice by a point in Perth and today's win was impressive.

If the Eagles make the 8, they're not going far. Been smashed against Geelong, Sydney, Western Bulldogs and now us. They even lost to North in Perth a few weeks back.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:01 am

^ yes, agree, Ruscoe looks like a transformed player. You just have to watch his body language. He is always first there to congratulate a goal kicker, and is incredibly effusive and warm in his positive feedback. He looks so confident in his defensive role as well. He also looks physically different. He seems to have amassed several more kilos of muscle in the past 3 months. His physicality has been fantastic. I am really impressed as to how he is growing in a totally team orientation. Well done to him.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:02 am

I also took great comfort in the fact that Sheed kicked WC's final goal tonight, and it meant absolutely nothing.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:03 am

Magpietothemax wrote:

Good comments.

Think Harvey's done a reasonable job as caretaker. I didn't expect miracles or anything transformative but he's managed things well in the circumstances. Once he finishes up, I'll be content with what he's produced in the second half of the year. Hope we can sneak another win or two from here.

We're still playing youth and our game plan has been better (e.g. the switch to attacking corridor football). Under Buckley, I just felt we were drowning and going nowhere under him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: